Skin Care Tips For Acne

Related Terms: Acne, Treatment Of Acne, Management Of Acne, Acne Vulgaris, Acne Scars, Benzoyl Peroxide, Sunscreen

Acne: Skin Care Tips and Treatment Options
Article Overview: Acne is the most common problem faced by teenagers which has a social as well as psychological impact. It is said that about 90 to 95 % of the world population would have suffered from acne at some point in their life. Acne is very common during 13 to 30 years of age. After 30 years of age, acne is considered as 'adult acne' which has strong hormonal influence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

How Does One Develop Acne? Acne is a disorder of pilosebaceous unit, pilo meaning hair, and sebaceous meaning oil-producing gland. These pilosebaceous glands are densely distributed over the face, neck, chest, back, shoulder, and arms. It also has a genetic component, meaning the appearance/ severi ...  Read Article »

Natural Skin Care Treatments
Article Overview: Do you all know why natural ingredients are important for the skin? The word natural means that it is an ingredient available in nature and has a tremendous effect on one’s health since mother earth has blessed us with these lovely vitamins and minerals naturally available through fruits and vegetables.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Cosmetologist

Following are certain reasons why natural ingredients are very important for human skin. Hydrating Effect on the Skin Natural ingredients have an awesome hydrating effect on the skin since various fruit and vegetable extracts are rich in moisture and keep our skin free from forming an oily layer. ...  Read Article »

In winters, my skin gets very dry. What cream would suit me?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 37 year old female. I am facing pimples problem in and around my nose area on my face. Now, in winters, my skin is getting very dry and also getting white. I want to know which face cream suits me for dry skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are doing well. At your age, pimples are very unlikely. Pimples seen after 30 years of age is called adult acne, most of the times it is because of a hormonal cause. I am really sorry, I cannot suggest medicines for pimples without seeing your clinical pict...  Read Full »

What Is Acne Vulgaris?
Article Overview: Acne vulgaris is a common condition that usually starts in teenage years when sebaceous glands become active. However, acne can also occur in childhood and even in infancy, but it is rare.  Read Article »
Dr. Rabia

Acne vulgaris is a common condition that usually starts in teenage years when sebaceous glands become active. However, acne can also occur in childhood and even in infancy, but it is rare. Some individuals have an inherent tendency of having hyperactive sebaceous glands, this is one of the risk fact ...  Read Article »

How to cure acne that has been there for 17 years?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old and suffering from acne from the last 17 years. Can you please help me?  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would need oral retinoid treatment from your dermatologist for four to five months for treatment of acne. Have you taken any treatment previously? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

Skin Care and Use of Cosmetics in Acne Patients
Article Overview: Acne is a chronic problem, which usually occurs in adolescence. It is a main cosmetic concern. And a dilemma always remains in the sufferer about the cosmetics. This article will solve the concern.  Read Article »

Acne is a chronic problem that usually occurs in adolescence. The main cosmetic concern in acne patients is unappealing blemish produced by active acne lesions and formation of hyperpigmentation and scars. In older days, it was suggested to acne patients that he or she should avoid cosmetics for fe ...  Read Article »

I have a lot of red spots with pus on my face. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have extremely oily skin with large pores, and I have a large wrinkle on my forehead. I also have lots of red spots with pus.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen your query and understood your concern.It seems you have acne and acne scarring in the form of pores.I would suggest you try using the following:Faceclin gel (Clindamycin and Nicotinamide), apply during the day over the pimples.Microbenz (Benzoyl peroxide) 3....  Read Full »

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy
Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure.  Read Article »
Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit ...  Read Article »

Please help me through ayurveda to clear acne.
Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old. I have bad acne and acne scars. Also, my skin has become dark. Please help me through ayurveda.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are 21 year old, the acne is mainly due to hormonal changes. As far as scars are concerned do not peel or squeeze your acne. The scars which are already present can be lightened off. For acne, try herbal things at home because the cause is very important. As yo...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get weird breakout around chin due to change in diet?
Query: Hi doctor, Just recently I have noticed some weird breakouts around my chin area. I am not sure when they started. While I do from time to time experience acne, I do not think what I am experiencing on my chin is not an acne breakout. Because there is no white head or black head present. They are no...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me they are papular lesions of acne. They are not blackheads or whiteheads. I would recommend you to continue with the birth control pill besides applying Benzoyl per...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Skin Care Tips For Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away.