Skin Disorder

Link Between Skin Disorders and Psychology

Article Overview: Our skin and brain have a common embryological origin. Because of this, some of the skin disorders have psychological phenomena. Hence, understanding the interaction of mind and body is of utmost importance. This article explains the same in detail. Read Article »

Dermatological conditions are responsible for a significant source of the social stigma in our modern society. This leads to the development of psychiatric illnesses, like depression and anxiety. Stress is an important factor in the etiology of various psychocutaneous disorders; it can be envir ... Read Article »

Itching - a Common Symptom of Skin Disorder

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed various causes, types and management of itching. Read Article »

Pruritus (itching) is the predominant symptom of inflammatory skin disease. It lacks precise definition and can best be defined indirectly as a sensation that leads to a desire to scratch. Types of Itching: Tickle sensation, which is a more akin to touch. It is very transient and easily relieved ... Read Article »

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar S

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a skin disorder that affects people above 30 years. Other than acne-like lesions, people with rosacea have redness of the face and dry skin associated with burning sensation. They also have redness and irritation in the eyes. The redness of the face is a...  Read Full »

How to identify the cause for skin allergy in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter was born 6 months ago with a weight of 2.9 kg. Her current weight is approximately 8 kg now. From 3rd month of her age, she has got skin problem. We started formula feeding along with breastfeeding at that time. She got skin redness and some sort of problem in her cheek. We h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). By what you are telling it is looking like allergic skin disorder. This can be due to anything being applied on her skin, sometimes due to cow's milk allergy, etc. Does your child have fever or an...  Read Full »

Can vitiligo be treated with homeopathic medicine?

Query: Hello doctor,Vitiligo observed in forehead near eyebrows just a month ago. Eyebrows hairs have also turned white. There is no itchiness there. There was no patch before one month. Also, there is no history of vitiligo in my entire family and ancestors. Please suggest if it can be treated and how?  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very glad to answer your query. Since it is the beginning of the problem, it should not be very difficult to get rid of that. In order to treat such skin disorder, usually, it is important to understand the complete picture of the patient which includes mental, emo...  Read Full »

How to cure dry and flaky skin?

Query: Hi doctor, My hands are dry and flaky. How to cure it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Though your given picture is not that much clear, I can make out ichthyosis in your forearm (genetic skin disorder - dry and scaly skin).I suggest you use Moisturex soft loti...  Read Full »

Shall I opt Finasteride for hair loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am losing my hair day by day. Can I use Finasteride? I have hydrocele. Is it related to my testosterone?  Read Full »

Dr. Annie Flora G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not go to Finasteride straight away. First, the cause and the pattern of your hair loss have to be assessed. It could vary from seborrheic dermatitis to androgenic alopecia to any other skin disorders too. Then, treatment can be planned. Have a consultat...  Read Full »

Please help with my acne as I have no idea about this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having something like acne. They are superficial spots and a lot of them are mainly on my forehead, jaw and chin area. I am suffering with this problem for over a year now. Also, I have clogged pores and blackheads. I visited a doctor before and he said that he would not do anything ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read the query in detail. Your problem seems to be acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is a common skin concern in adolescents and may sometimes persist in adulthood too. It is a skin disorder involvin...  Read Full »

I have a painful bump with folliculitis below nipple. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old obese male. About 1 and a half years ago, I had a painful folliculitis, right below the left nipple which was cured after taking some antibiotics. It had caused a tiny bump below the left nipple, which when touched hurt. Anyways, after taking antibiotics it got healed....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The description you have mentioned is quite classical for anetoderma. This condition arises whenever the skin's elastic and collagen fibers are damaged because of an infective or inflammatory condition. Due to the painful folliculitis, a few of these fibers in the affecte...  Read Full »

Please suggest a vegetable juice which I can have as a daily routine.

Query: Hello doctor, I eat three fruits together in the morning that is kiwi, guava, and papaya for breakfast. I read that this combination is fine. I do not eat many vegetables, but I would love to have a vegetable juice for complete nutrition. Can you please suggest a juice which I can have as a daily ro...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this age group, it is better to take fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. You can take the following vegetable juice in your daily routine. 1. Carrot juice, contains beta carotene and natural source of Vitamin A. It helps to improve your eye health naturall...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee