Skin Infections

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Clotrimazole, Levocetirizine, Itching, Eczema, Skin Rashes, Acne

Recently Answered Questions

What is the skin infection present in the inner thigh?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin infection in my inner thighs. It burns and itches a lot. Even, the slightest touch triggers the itching. I have been applying Clotrimazole for the past two days. On using it, the itching stops. But again, I have itching after a few hours. I have the infection in my inner th...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a candida infection in the groin area, called tinea cruris. Use Clotrimazole ointment twice daily for ten days. Take Itraconazole 100 mg orally once daily for ten days. Keep th...  Read Full »
I have some skin infection on my penis. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, In the past one month, I am noticing some skin infection on my penis skin when I pull it down. Should I see a skin specialist or sexual disease specialist?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Skin specialist and STD specialist (sexually transmitted disease) are the same. So, you go to skin specialist only. If you can upload photos and explain the problem. Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online -->  Read Full »
Are hair fall, skin infections, and overweight due to hypothyroidism?
Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism. With that, I am facing hair fall, skin infections, overweight, high cholesterol, and memory loss. Are all these happening because of thyroid or there are other factors involved? I am a firm believer in Ayurveda but can this be treated with Ayurveda permanently? ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Ayurveda Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Hypothyroidism may cause these symptoms as you have described. But it is other possibilities too. Hair fall may be due to infection, excessive use of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, changes in food habits and water, stress, etc. Stress and anxiety may lead t...  Read Full »
A Patient's Guide to Recurrent Skin Infections (Boils, Pimples, Abscesses)
Article Overview: If you have recurrent skin infections caused by bacteria, here are some strategies to help minimize the risk.  Read Article »
Dr. Davie Wong

1) Hygiene: The bacteria that cause skin infections are transmitted by skin contact. Wash your hands diligently and frequently to minimize the spread of bacteria to other parts of your body, to other people, and to objects you touch. 2) Decontaminate Yourself: Bleach baths are an effective way to ...  Read Article »
Why do I repeatedly get skin infection with itching on my wrist?
Query: Hello doctor, I have got this skin infection on my right-hand wrist, and I have attached the picture. This has happened five to six times. Last time it happened due to tying thread in hand. This time, I do not know. Last time, the doctor said to have Clavam 625 after Mometasone plus Sertaconazole c...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am listing the possibilities in the order of highest probability: Herpes simplex infection. Recurrent furunculosis. Allergic contact dermatitis. Subcutaneous fungal infection. I w...  Read Full »
My nephew has got a skin infection in midfoot. Please explain what it is.
Query: Hi doctor,My nephew, who is 5.6 years old, has got a skin infection in the right midfoot. My sister noticed it a week ago. She thought it as some infection due to sweat in summer. Now, it has been the same which is in the attached photo. Until now there is no itching or burning or any irritation or ...  Read Full »
Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that your nephew developed fixed drug eruption or irritant contact dermatitis. I suggest you apply Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily and ...  Read Full »
What can be done for skin infection affecting fingers and legs?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is suffering from a kind of skin infection. This infection occured across his fingers and leg. I am attaching photographs for the same.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see dry, scaly, red patches. This seems like psoriasis vulgaris rather than skin infection. Psoriasis usually presents as dry, red, well defined, scaly patches on extensors like the elbow,...  Read Full »
Is there any permanent cure for recurring skin infections?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic problem for the past six to seven years. I have the problem itching in all the skin folds and the pressed areas like under the belt including genital areas and anus. I showed the same to a doctor and he diagnosed this as eczema and fungal infection. The doctor presc...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your history, past treatment and its response are suggestive of intertrigo, a fungal infection of the body folds. In people with heavy sweating activities, diabetes, overweight, those wearing tight clothing and in people with prolonged sitting activities the body folds ar...  Read Full »
I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.
Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like C...  Read Full »
How to remove the scar in my face following a skin infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I developed a skin infection on my face. It is in three places. One on the right corner of forehead, one just near below my right eye and then one just below my right lip. Symptoms started with some itching and redness. Below my lip some kind of small blisters wer...  Read Full »
Dr. Atishay Bukharia
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to What immunological investigation have you undergone? Please upload the reports? How long have you been taking Zanclav (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid)?  Do you have any other site affected? Is there any problem with sun exposure? Actually on first look i...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Skin Infections? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!