Skin Injury

How to get rid of face scratches after an accident?

Query: Dear Doctor, I met with an accident recently and got few scratches on my face and the forehead. Kindly give me suggestions to cure faster. Age-20 years/ male.  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you just sustained some scratches and have been otherwise well! Now coming to your skin query. Well, ideally, the best would be to let me have a look at your scratches by posting well-focused pictures of your scratched or abr...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for skin injury due to the spine of a caterpillar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. My skin is injured due to the spine of a caterpillar. I have severe pain in the affected area. I am unable to remove the spine. I used antiseptic cream and hot water with Savlon. But it has not cured. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have skin injury due to caterpillar spine. Its hair or spine has to be removed through a gloved hand. You can use adhesive tape to remove its spine or hair. After removing, a topical steroid cream can be applied. An oral antihistaminic drug like Levocetirizine can a...  Read Full »

I made a deep cut at the tip of finger. When will it heal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am male, 50 years old, 5'5", 155 lbs. About a month ago, I accidentally made a deep cut at the tip of a finger. The emergency room glued the finger closed. Seven days later, it split back open. It was no longer bleeding, despite being an open wound. I taped it back closed and was ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to really have a bad wound. But you need not worry too much about the nerve damage in this part of your body as this area is naturally rich in blood and nerve supply. Though healing may...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.