Skin Rashes

Related Terms: Itching, Levocetirizine, Allergy, Fungal Infection, Eczema, Hydrocortisone, Moisturizer

I have skin rashes with swelling of lips and eyes. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old man. For past three months, I am suffering from rashes on my skin. It is usually occurring at night. I have seen two dermatologists. Both of them have not been able to identify the cause. Now I am in a big trouble that I am getting irritated. Sometimes my lips swell....  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your clinical diagnosis is urticaria. You have mentioned that you have this issue for three months. So, to be more precise it is chronic spontaneous urticaria. Most common causes of urtic...  Read Full »

Why are there itchy skin rashes in a child?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter has just started kindergarten three weeks ago and came home today with a rash all over her arms, hands, and feet and one by her lip. She feels fine otherwise but they itch sometimes. Our 7-year-old neighbor just got over strep and impetigo and I am wondering if this could be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your given pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems your son has a hand, foot, and mouth disease, and does not look like impetigo. HFMD (hand, foot, and mouth disease) is a viral infection caused by the coxs...  Read Full »

I have itchy skin rashes on my back that are now spreading. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, There is an area on my back that started as a rash and it has now spread and it continues to itch. What should I do? This has been there for approximately two months. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see several dark nodular lesions on the back. I would keep a possibility of nodular prurigo or hypertrophic lichen planus. I suggest you use a topical ultr...  Read Full »

As Coumadin causes skin rash, shall we switch to Aspirin?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 91 years old. She is currently taking 4.5 mg of Coumadin a day. She has developed a very itchy rash on most of her body. She has been on Coumadin for six years, but this dosage is particularly high for her. Her INRs were only showing 1.2 to 1.4, which is why it was increased ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: No, as she was already on Coumadin (Warfarin) since a long time, it cannot be the cause of the rash. Aspirin and Coumadin have different methods of action and one cannot be used in place of another. Both may be used. A prefer...  Read Full »

I recently developed a skin rash in groin area. Please advise medicines.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female. I have recently developed a skin rash in my groin area. This is the first time this rash has developed. I am currently under no medication. My menstrual cycle is normal.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is dermatophytosis, a kind of fungal infection, which is common in a humid environment. I suggest Candid B (Clotrimazole and Beclometasone) cream morning and evening for few weeks. You will notice the improvement in 72 hours. Regards. For more information consul...  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The rashes that you are describing along with the biopsy findings can go in favor of a connective tissue disease. Although, I would like to see the reports in detail, but as you mentioned interface dermatitis, it goes more in favor of lupus over dermatomyositis. But, ...  Read Full »

I got sudden itchy skin rash with no pus. What is it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I got a sudden skin allergy and there is lot of itching. Small red rashes have appeared on limbs, back and face. But, there is no puss in the rash. I took Cetirizine.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there? What is the complaint in it? What are the areas affected and spread? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To understand the condition better I need to know the following things. Where is the pain? Does she have generalized body pain or any joint pain? Please specify. What is the location of a headache, either forehead or back of the head? How does it improve and when is i...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.
Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports suggest that you are probably having an autoimmune disease. For an exact diagnosis, ANA (antinuclear antibody) global or ANA profile test report and skin or muscle biopsy would be required to avoid any controversies in the future. I also need to know the follo...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some creams for the skin rashes under my lips?
Query: Hi doctor, From one month, I started to observe some rashes on the skin under my lips. I have been diagnosed before with dermatitis, but this is a different kind of rash. I have attached a picture of the rash. I have already tried applying moisturizing cream, Fisiogel, and Aciclovir. I thought it t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have flat warts, and they are not herpes. These are not dangerous. However, they have a tendency to recur even after multiple removals. The growth which occurre...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Skin Rashes? We have medical experts to help you right away.