Smoking Cessation

Related Terms: Quitting Smoking, Cigarette Smoking, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Hypertension, Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Pantoprazole

Can smoking cessation cause strained bowel movements?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 39 years. I have quit smoking, cold turkey after smoking for almost 18 years. It is my 29th day of being smoke-free. Everything was going fine until last 7 to 10 days my bowel movement has been strainful. Few days I have seen very small sized hard stools and sometimes small ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, it is normal to have hard stools after quitting smoking for that you have to add a salad, do exercise, and take enough water. It is a temporary phenomenon which usually settles in three months till intestines adapt nicotine free blood. You h...  Read Full »

Vaping E-Cigarettes, a Dangerous Addiction
Article Overview: A misconception among the adolescents and teenagers is that, e-cigarettes are alternative to conservative combustive tobacco smoking and they help in smoking cessation and controlling over the withdrawal effects of nicotine.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Electronic (e)-cigarettes (Electronic Nicotine delivery System - ENDS) vaping has gone almost double amongst the adolescents and teenagers, in a few years after the emergence of these new addictive nicotine delivering devices. So, it is an issue of massive impact concerned about the health of teenag ...  Read Article »

What is the treatment for chronic sinus infection due to weather?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic sinus infection because of it I will face problem whole winter. What treatment should I take to get relief from cold in these winter months? Shall I make a choice for vaccination?  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to infectious disease guidelines, all persons aged 6 months and older are recommended for annual vaccination. For your symptoms treatment, here are the recommendations. Smoking cessation, irrigating the nasal cavities with saline reduces postnasal drainage, re...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for COPD?
Query: Hi doctor, My father has SpO2 level with oxygen is more than 95 and without oxygen is 75-80. He also has COPD. But, all tests are normal like CT scan, USG and x-ray. Please explain.  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  As you said your father has COPD, low oxygen levels are expected when the disease is advanced. COPD is a chronic progressive disease. Inhaler medicines are only for the symptomatic relief. Smoking cessation is the best policy to halt the progression of the disease. P...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for alcohol and smoking addiction?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband is addicted to alcohol and smoking. What treatment is recommended?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, treatment for alcohol addiction and smoking is a self-decision and self will. If he is willing to stop, then you can take help from de-addiction centers for medicines. To reduce alcohol craving, I would suggest Acamprosate along with Etizolam for withdraw...  Read Full »

Spasmodic foods raise my BP. Which drug can I use for hypertension?
Query: Hello doctor, I have hypertension. 138 mmHg systolic, 80 mmHg diastolic, 82 heart rate. Spasmodic foods (like yogurt) make higher hypertension. Antispasmodic foods (alkali, basic foods) do not cause higher hypertension. Which drug can I take? 57 years old, 72-kilogram weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Salam Salloum

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. BP of 138/80 is considered as high normal BP. You did not mention any other cardiovascular risk factors which put you in the low-risk category. In the first instance, I recommend lifestyle changes with regular exercise such as 40 minutes brisk walk on daily basis, reduc...  Read Full »

How to ignore the smoking habit of my husband?
Query: Hi doctor, My husband smokes a lot. I am quarreling with him often regarding this issue. I feel so sad and depressed when I see him smoking. My husband gives me assurance that he will quit. But, he is doing the same again. Please help me with this problem and save my family. Everybody says to igno...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ignoring smoking habit is not a solution and you are being subjected to passive smoking which will hamper your health as well. You should encourage your husband to quit smoking as it possess harm to not only his health, but for others as well who stays along with him. He ...  Read Full »

Please explain my father's heart problem from the medical report.
Query: Hi doctor, My father has diabetes for the past 15 years and he is suffering from heart problem for the past four years. Recently he was admitted to the hospital due to severe breathing problem, sudden fainting, loss of appetite and water accumulation in the stomach and legs. After taking treatment ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After careful review, I can appreciate well the sensitivity of the issues you and your family is suffering from. Your father seems to have left heart failure (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that landed him twice in the hospital. He is having the...  Read Full »

Simple Ways to Control Hypertension Naturally
Article Overview: This article tells how to control high blood pressure without any medicine with simple lifestyle modifications.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Following lifestyle modifications for blood pressure control are recommended: The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating pattern should be preferred. Reducing sodium intake. Reducing alcohol consumption. Exercising regularly. Losing weight. Smoking cessation. Stressbusters. ...  Read Article »

I am 18 years old. Why do I have high blood pressure?
Query: Hello doctor,My blood pressure is 150/90 mmHg and my age is 18 years and there is a pain in the neck and at the top of the head. Please help me. Currently, I am taking Arbitel 250.  Read Full »
Dr. Idowu Olalekan
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I noticed that you have grade 1 obesity (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You will need to give more history, for example, do you have a family history of hypertension. The neck swelling needs to be evaluated to rule out a thyrotoxicosis.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Smoking Cessation? We have medical experts to help you right away.