Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose

Related Terms: Dry Eyes, Lubricant Eye Drops, Computer Vision Syndrome, Contact Lens, Anti Allergic Eye Drops, Cold Compresses, Conjunctivitis

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge. How to cure this?
Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness. You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hand...  Read Full »

What are the causes for redness in eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, My eyes are red and sore for the past four days. It was really painful till yesterday. As I did not work in the computer and started to use eye refresher I am not getting bad headaches and eye pain anymore. When I change the focus, it is sore and is still really red. I have no idea about ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation, dry eyes, etc. Redness + itching - allergy. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision - infection. Redness + pain - inflammation. Redness + foreign body sensation - dryness. If there is ...  Read Full »

Which medicine can I take for itchiness in eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allerg...  Read Full »

I have dryness of eyes and mouth after taking antibiotics. Is it Sjogren's syndrome?
Query: Hello doctor,After a course of antibiotics, I have developed severe dry eyes, dry mouth, and photosensitivity. No tears are coming from my eyes. I think I have developed Sjogren's syndrome. Is there any treatment for Sjogren's? I am wating for the test. The antibiotics are long gone, but all the thi...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. You have not mentioned which antibiotics you have taken. I do not think that you have Sjogren's. Firstly, one has to fulfill certain criteria for Sjogren's.  Symptoms of dry eyes for more than three months. Symptoms of dry mouth for three...  Read Full »

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic with the approximate power in left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. Since the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem in his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking has st...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, we have to take care of itching and watering, and for that, you have to start Moxifloxacin eye drop four times a day for five days and Refresh Liquigel eye drop (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium) six to eight times a day. It can be continued for a long time a...  Read Full »

How do I treat sensitive and burning eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, On random days, typically after a long sleep, I will wake up and put in my contacts, and they feel perfectly normal. Then when I go into sunlight, my eyes become sensitive and begin to burn. The burning gets progressively worse, even with a hat or sunglasses. Once this happens, I go home...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms which you have is usually seen in patients with dry eyes. It often presents with dryness, grittiness, irritation and burning sensation which goes down after washing the face. The best way to treat simple dry eye is to use over-the-counter lubricants, for ...  Read Full »

My daughter poked me in the eye and I have pain and redness. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, by chance, poked her finger in my eye and I got a redness on my left eye, in the white portion. I had little pain for ten minutes and now it is better. I put refresh tears in my eyes as they are otherwise always red due to dry eyes. Can I use the same or do you suggest ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may use Acular LS eye (Ketorolac) drops thrice daily as there may be a mild uveitis For your dry eyes, you may use Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose) as you are using. Having said that, kindly share photos so that I may guide you better. Regards. Revert with m...  Read Full »

Why does my eye hurt after wearing contact lens?
Query: Hi doctor, I put in my contact lenses in the morning and everything is fine. But, a few hours later, my left contact moves and slides. When I take it out, my eye hurts for a while. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Sometimes, the cornea may be steeper or flatter than usual. The base curve of the lens may not match your cornea's base curve. You can get it measured from any optometrist. Otherwise, try using the preservative free lubricating drop to take care of any associated dry...  Read Full »

I have some blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. What are they?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some mild generalized pain in the left eye, which is noticeable when blinking or moving the eye. There appear to be a few small blister-like bumps on the white of the eye. There is some slight yellowing in the area of the bumps, and red irritated looking blood vessels surrounding ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.This seems to be Pinguecula (raised thickening of the conjunctiva). These are small elastotic nodular lesions. They are usually innocuous but may get inflamed occasionally known as pingueculitis.You may require the following medications based on your symptoms. Consult yo...  Read Full »

Is spending 10 hours a day at the computer too much?
Query: Hi doctor, I have always had floaters, and almost like a visual snow which is more prevalent at night. I had anxiety as a teenager and I noticed the floaters after I developed high anxiety. I have a 20/20 vision otherwise. Recently, I developed astigmatism, a very slight case. I spend a lot of time ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are so aware. I will try to answer your queries one by one. Floaters at this early age, are not common, but the good thing here is that you have got your retina checked and have no tears or lattices. I advise you to keep getting yourself ch...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose? We have medical experts to help you right away.