Spicy Food

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Domperidone, Acidity, Gerd, Constipation

Every time I eat spicy food, I poop blood. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weigh 255 pounds. When I eat spicy food, I poop blood. Sometimes when I have constipation as well, I poop a little bit of blood. I am really scared that I have colon cancer. I do have diarrhea often. I do not have a family hist...  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your information and test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, in view of that, there are a couple of things that I can opine upon: I want to clarify if your body weight is in kg or pounds. Your accompanying information stat...  Read Full »

Had spicy food and suffering from diarrhea. How to treat it?
Query: Hi doctor, Three days back, I had food for dinner. The food was spicy. Next day, in the morning, I vomited it completely. I suffer from diarrhea for the past two days, and I feel tired. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaieka Islam Deeba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from acute gastroenteritis. As you are feeling tired, you must take ORS (oral rehydration solution) after passing of each stool. Otherwise, you would become dehydrated. Take plenty of water and ORS. Avoid taking spicy foods. Avoid eating foods from out...  Read Full »

I have diarrhea after eating spicy food. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

How to deal with gastric symptoms after eating very spicy food?
Query: Hello doctor, I have constipation with a stomach ache. I recently had a few meals of spicy food and I am facing the consequences for the last four to five days. The symptoms include constipation, narrowing of stools, pain in lower abdomen (especially the lower right portion towards groin), acidic i...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am worried about the location of your pain. A right lower quadrant pain indicates appendicitis. Constipation can be well managed if there is no evidence of appendicitis. In case of appendicitis, we should be cautious to give any kind of laxatives. So before giving ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of acidity caused due to taking spicy food?
Query: Hello doctor, I eat out a lot and take junk food very frequently. I am suffering from acidity now. If I take spicy food, I feel uneasiness in my stomach. I am a 25 year old male. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please consider the following suggestions to get rid of your acidity: Avoid eating out. Also avoid oily, spicy and fried food items. Drink plenty of water (at least eight glasses of water every day). Drink two glasses of water in the morning as soon as...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensations in anus?
Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

How to manage cold and clogged ears?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a mild cold and severe clogging of ears. I am taking Afrin spray for an hour and one pill of Sudafed. I developed a similar condition of cold and sinus infection before six months. I had severe clogging of ears. I was given Amoxicillin for five days and Prednisone 5 m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine) once daily. Take nasal spray once daily. Avoid cold spicy foods, avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid dust and pollution. Take some steam inhalation thrice daily.  Read Full »

I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a case of acidity and gastritis, precipitated by oily and spicy food. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Take a walk after your meal, instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and a...  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »
Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full »

Should I take Prevacid in the night for GERD?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should try a combination of Lansoprazole and Domperidone for one month. Avoid fasting and having spicy food. Take small and frequent meals.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Spicy Food? We have medical experts to help you right away.