Spitting Post Burping

Related Terms: Acid Reflux, Gerd, Ranitidine, Vitamin D Deficiency, Acne, Contact Lens, Endoscopy

How to treat spitting in 3 months old baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 3 months old and she is formula fed - Nan Pro 1. Her birth weight was 2.6 kg, which dropped down to 2.2 kg after 15 days of her birth. Her present weight is 4.6 kg, length is 56.5 cm and head circumference is 38.5 cm. She spits up around 6 to 7 times daily even after burping an...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would have to look at a growth chart to look at your child growth. Her birth weight was at 2nd percentile and grown to 5-10 percentile at 3 months. This tells although she is still on lower side but there has been improvement in her weight on graph. Same is with her ...  Read Full »

A newborn, diagnosed with laryngomalacia, is spitting milk after burping. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1 month and 26 days old. Her birth weight was 3.05 kg. Her current weight is 4.4 kg. She spits the milk after burping also. She has been diagnosed with laryngomalacia. I wanted to know whether it a matter of concern or not.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The current weight of the child is absolutely normal according to the birth weight of the child. There is no need to worry about this. Babies often spit very little amount of milk after feeding even after burping, this is a normal thing. If it is problematic, then the w...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. New born babies, who are exclusively breastfed, will usually not develop gas like adults. While breastfeeding, they swallow some amount of air, which they try to bring out and strain for that or vomit feeds. It is a very common problem and can be easily overcome by ap...  Read Full »

Why do I feel weak while sitting and working?
Query: Hi doctor, From past few days, I feel very weak while sitting and working. I do not feel energetic, and most of the time I feel sleepy and lazy. I have a little pain in the body, so I am not able to concentrate properly on anything. My blood pressure is 119/72 mmHg, and pulse is 72. I even have pa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various causes like thyroid problems, anemia, vitamin deficiency especially vitamin D and even psychological issues which are the most common. You should get hemoglobin levels, thyroid function test, and vitamin D levels checked. I suggest you try doing t...  Read Full »

Why do I feel a bubbling sensation in my chest while sitting or lying down?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male, I have been to the ER twice in the past two weeks for a bubbling sensation that starts at the base of my sternum and goes up my esophagus, mostly when I am sitting or lying down. On the first visit they did a complete blood workup, EKG, and x-ray, everything was ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you have the same feeling during the ECG? Do you have any symptoms like dizziness, upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating and burping? The feeling that you are having may be due to acid reflux, but then you would have a burning feeling. There is a possib...  Read Full »

How to get treated for mental fatigue and tiredness?
Query: ​​​Hello doctor, I finished my MBBS and attempting to get a PG seat. I have the below mentioned problems for more than eight years and hence I am unable to get a PG seat. I am taking tablet Venlafaxine 300 mg for past seven months. Three weeks back, as I have few clinical symptoms of hypothyro...  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. First keep calm and patience. Be positive in your approach. Keep all doors open for oppurtunity. Accept the fact that cracking PG (post graduation) seat is not only because of hardwork but 90% luck. I have gone through your pro...  Read Full »

Pelvic Pain
Article Overview: The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

Pelvic Pain Overview The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency. There are a lot of organs in the pelvic region like bowel, bladder, ovaries, uterus, appendix, etc., s ...  Read Article »

Can I get herpes from the use of unsterilized instruments?
Query: Hello doctor, I required deep cleaning my teeth. So I came to my hometown and started seeing my family dentist to whom my entire family is going for a couple of years. One week ago, I started the treatment which was deep cleaning on one side of the teeth. I always dreaded about cross-contamina...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctors do use adequate asepsis before any procedure. I am sure in your case too, all strict precautions of sepsis would have been followed. Reusing the same instruments is unethical and I do not think that it would be done in good clinics...  Read Full »

My PP blood sugar level remains in the range of 150 to 176. How to reduce it?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old male. Before 12 years, I went for my first master checkup without symptoms. The result showed high 2 hours PPBG while FBG and A1c are normal. The consultant physician advised me to eat less at a time and increase the number of feeds in a day and encouraged me to check ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On going through the details provided, it is clear that you are in a prediabetes situation. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: Normal: Fasting blood glucose (FBG) 70 to 110 mg, PP less than 140 mg and HbA1c% less than 5.9. Prediabetes: FBG 108 to...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Spitting Post Burping? We have medical experts to help you right away.