Splinting

Related Terms: Dizziness, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Betahistines, Posture And Balance, Tinnitus, Meniere’s Disease, Mri

How to treat a discolored tooth after a trauma?
Query: Hi doctor, Around a month ago, I had a dental trauma on my lower three incisors. The teeth have moved slightly from their original position. My dentist has advised me for a root canal for all the three teeth. Now before two days, he started the process, and one of my teeth has turned black. What ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I feel that the dentist has to stabilize your teeth first if they are mobile. It can be done by splinting. RCT (root canal treatment) is usually done to the teeth if the trauma has involved the pulp. Discoloration or pink teeth usually occ...  Read Full »

Can trigger thumb recover without surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy has trigger thumb problem, and he is just 11 months old. Our family doctor has suggested surgery, as a treatment option. We are ready for surgery, but we are thinking about the baby's age. Is his age sufficient for the surgery? We are thinking to get the surgery done after 18...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the condition is not causing much pain or discomfort to the baby, then surgery can be done after six months. Meanwhile, other measures like physiotherapy and splinting also can help. But if the condition is very painful and is causing trouble to the baby, then it is...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in leg on moving my foot up and down?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I was playing basketball with my friend and his knee went hard into the lower outside of my lower left calf. After that, it began to hurt and now it has been about six hours and I struggle to put weight on it. It sends pain down into my foot and ankle and movi...  Read Full »
Dr. Thomas Jefferson
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start applying cold pack in the place where it hurts. Avoid weight bearing on the injured leg. Weight bearing will aggravate the injury to become more. Avoid movements in the left ankle joint. You might have injured several tissues when you got hit by your friend's knee...  Read Full »

My front tooth is moving after a hard bite. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have bitten an olive pit accidentally, and now, one of my front teeth is moving. There is no pain, and I have a slight sensitivity to cold and hot foods. But now I cannot bite anything using my front teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of mobility due to trauma on the teeth. The sensitivity and mild pain are due to inflammation around the teeth. Follow these medications. Take tablet Acelofenac 100 mg along with Paracetamol 500 mg two times a day for five days. It reduces the swelling, and...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for dental cysts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have two cysts in relation to upper right canine and premolar. Since I did not know anything about it, I ignored it. But last year I got an OPG, and I saw the cysts in it. I do not have pain or swelling, but whenever I touch the root of the upper teeth on the gums, I feel a sensation...  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a cystic lesion extending from your upper right canine to the last molar. Maxillary sinus floor is also involved. Enucleation is a surgical procedure to remove the cystic lesion, depending on the cyst siz...  Read Full »

Why do I have acute pain in my right knee?
Query: Hello doctor, I have acute pain on the right side of my right knee. I am not able to walk as usual. The local doctor diagnosed it as a ligament tear. He suggested to take rest and wear a knee pad. One month is over, and there is no improvement seen yet. There is also little swelling and pain. I am n...  Read Full »
Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age, profession, and how you developed the pain (like after a slip or after a fall or just by itself). When you have a limp that has not settled over one month and you do not have balance when you walk then it is not normal. You have to be p...  Read Full »

What can be done for mobile permanent tooth due to fall in a child?
Query: Hello doctor, My 9-year-old fell and one of her permanent teeth is now wiggly. What can I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If bleeding is persistent, give your kid cold packs of cotton on the tooth or make him eat ice-cream. If it is not suitable in this weather then put honey around the tooth. Once bleeding is controlled, now start with saline water mouth rinses. Take a cup of lukewarm water...  Read Full »

Loose Tooth: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Article Overview: A loose tooth is a common complaint in the middle-aged and elderly population. The most important cause of this being periodontitis. This article emphasizes the causes, prevention, and treatment of loose tooth.  Read Article »
Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan
Dentist

It is quite disturbing to have a loose tooth in your mouth which almost always hinders with your normal food habits and sometimes causes pain. The common cause for a loose tooth is periodontitis (infection of the supporting structures of the teeth), which arises from poor oral hygiene. A loose tooth ...  Read Article »

Am I stuck with my curled fingers?
Query: Hi doctor, I had carpal tunnel, radial and ulnar nerve surgery. A tumor was removed from my elbow on the ulnar nerve. Then my two little fingers have no feeling and are completely curled in along with my thumb. For this my surgeon advised nerve transplant surgery. When I went for second opinion, not...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting a tumor removed off the ulnar nerve from the elbow will take at least six months for the nerve to regenerate the sensations till down your little finger. Getting tingling and burning sensations are good as this is a sign of nerve regeneration. You should take medi...  Read Full »

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Article Overview: Have you ever noticed weakness, numbness or tingling in your hands or wrist? These symptoms may be due to a common condition called carpal tunnel syndrome.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M

Have you ever noticed weakness, numbness or tingling in your hands or wrist? These symptoms may be due to a common condition called carpal tunnel syndrome. Overview of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome This is a nerve disorder affecting the strength and sensations in hand and wrist, caused by pressure on the ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Splinting? We have medical experts to help you right away.