Squint Eyes

Can my single squint eye be corrected surgically?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I am having squint in my right eye. It is turned inwards by birth and I have no vision and also cannot see anything in my right eye. My left eye is 100% perfect. I met an eye specialist. He checked my squint and told that my vision is not recoverable. I have no p...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes and old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is definitely possible to make eyes look straight and correct the squint with eye surgery. It is not a complicated surgery and gives good cosmetic results...  Read Full »

Does my baby have squint eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, The query is regarding my 6.5 months old baby girl. She has been seen by two pediatric ophthalmologists. The first one examined her eyes using a Plusoptix vision screener and assured us that everything was normal based on the testing results. He assured us that there was no strabismus....  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. The amount of refractive error manifested depends on the cycloplegic medications used and the amount of time elapsed after using the medication. The gold standard for a 2 year old is Atropine ointment for three days followed by retinoscopy. So, if different medicat...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise to reduce squint eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I have squint eyes, please check the attached picture. I am 24 years old, and I started wearing glasses when I was 16. I do not think I had squint before I started wearing glasses. Please suggest some exercise to reduce squint or tell me what will be best for me. I have -3 power with cyli...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering that you have a refractive error with cylindrical power, you can get corneal topography done. -3 is a moderate refractive error. Convergence exercises (pencil push ups) can be tried. The photographs uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity...  Read Full »

Can divergent eye squint be treated with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complete retinal detachment in my left eye from an early age (11 to 12), went to many places including renowned eye care hospitals but nothing worked. Anyways, after a few days my left eye started to go outward and within a short time went completely outward (divergent squint...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you have mentioned that you have had a total retinal detachment (RD) in your LE during childhood, I would like to emphasize on the fact that RD surgery will not help in improving your vision. The squint you are talking about is an adaptive mechanism of the e...  Read Full »

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query at icliniq.com. We have to check whether your vision is equal in both the eyes. If the vision is equal in both the eyes and the problem is only with the Squint Eyes(Crossed eye/Strabismus), then it can be brought back to normal by a surgery. If the vision is bad ...  Read Full »

Is squint surgery safe?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a squint in my right eye. It is turned inwards by birth and I have no vision in my right eye. My left eye is 100% perfect. I met an eye specialist. He checked my squint and told that my vision is not recoverable. He advised me to get cosmetic eye muscle surgery. He said it in...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the documents and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have large angle esotropia (90PD) (a form of squint). As per my experience, operating two muscles will reduce the deviation, but will not correct it fully. As per my experi...  Read Full »

Can my diplopia be a sign of MS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old female. Can you please explain to me the clinical presentation of decompensated phoria? I have had diplopia for over two years now, binocular, horizontal, worse on distant gaze. I have had an MRI as well, but no lesions found in my brain stem or other areas. Only a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diplopia for distance vision is more common in neurological conditions. If you do not have any neurological problems (ruled out by MRI), other problems can be considered. In your case, as you have high myopia, it can be due to decompensated tropia (phoria). In myopia, t...  Read Full »

Does a two year old with eye power need to wear glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, My two year old son has eye power. Right S C A -1.50 -1.00 169 -1.50 -1.00. 171 -1.50 -1.00. 171 -1.50. -1.00. 171. Left S C A 2.00. 0.75. 149 1.75. 0.75. 140 1.75. 0.75. 139 1.75. 0.75. 140 Does he need glasses? Which type of eye power? Will his number reduce when he gro...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The retinoscopy that has been done is the final refractive error. The automatic refractometer readings that you have mentioned are in negative but retinoscopy that has been mentioned ...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to see clearly from one eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using only one eye since birth. This is a result of a medicine that my mother took when I was in her womb. My right eye is normal, but the left has a squint. I can see a little light in my left eye, but I cannot really use this eye for seeing. By this time, I got another pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your eyes tested for a refractive error i.e glasses/spectacles. You have become nearsighted so get this test by an ophthalmologist. Your left eye has turned inward that is esotropia. You need to consult a pediatric ophthalmologist i.e squint special...  Read Full »

Can pencil push-ups treat my exotropia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild exotropia. I went for a squint check-up, and the specialist said there is no squint based on the cover test and light reflex test results. But I have exotropia, and I can see it. Can my exotropia be treated with pencil push-ups? Please give your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cover test is the best test to find true exotropia, and if there are no issues with the test, then there is no true exotropia. You might be having a pseudoexotropia. There is no treatment required for it. Pensil push-ups will not help you. Regards. For further queries co...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee