Steroids

Related Terms: Levocetirizine, Topical Steroids, Mometasone, Clobetasol, Fluticasone, Itching, Steroid Injection

Are steroid injections safe for fetal growth?
Query: Hello doctor, My first baby is healthy and my blood group is A positive and my wife's blood group is B negative. Now, my wife is again pregnant and has completed 26 weeks of pregnancy. She has developed antibodies and the latest ICT with titer test results show 1:64. Last week, we also did sonograp...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your blood groups are negative, there is nothing to worry about. Yes, you can go ahead with injection for babies. They are safe. You need not go for a test to detect your baby's blood group as it is not an issue. However, if you have a doubt then get back to...  Read Full »

Will steroid make sperm a weak swimmer?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend who is on steroids. I read that steroids will make sperm weak swimmers. Is that true? Also, after the unprotected sex I took Plan B One-Step immediately. What is the possibility of getting pregnant? What are the early symptoms of pregnancy? And whe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Steroids do not make sperm weak. This is always a debatable issue. However, never been proved. If you have taken Plan B (emergency contraceptive pill) within 12 hours of intercourse the chance of getting pregnant is almost nil. However, no method ...  Read Full »

On reducing steroid dose, why does my oxygen saturation level go down?
Query: Hi doctor, Before 7 years, I was affected by chronic HP. From that time, I am in oxygen therapy and steroids 4 mg. My doctor told to taper them and stop so as per his advice I slowly tapered the dose of steroids and stopped it finally. When I stopped it, I cannot able to move or walk and also my sa...  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis or HP is a type of interstitial lung disease. It is a chronic type of lung disease and treatment usually runs longer, especially with steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. As you said, you are taking steroids in tapering dose but still you ...  Read Full »

Can topical steroid cream help in healing the red spots on my nose?
Query: Hi doctor, I got red patches on my nose after using chemically made facial products while using Retin-A ointment. I have attached pictures. In that, I have used Cerave ointment for healing the marks. Now, I discontinued using Retin-A 0.025 % ointment.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retin-A (Tretinoin) makes the skin sensitive and a scrub or facial may cause dermatitis like this. I suggest you use a moderately potent topical steroid cream like Fluticasone propionat...  Read Full »

Can I take steroid injection for a bald patch on the beard?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bald patch on the beard for the past three weeks. I am suspecting alopecia. I have uploaded the photo. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune entity. I suggest you try Tacroz forte (Tacrolimus) twice daily on the patch. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ta...  Read Full »

Will long time steroid use for RA prevent me from having children?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have been diagnosed with RA. And another rheumatologist told me I do not have enough symptoms for RA. However, I have been using Methylprednisolone 4 mg for almost four years every day. And this helps me completely get rid of any problems. If I do not take i...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is a tough spot you are on. It will be difficult for a new rheumatologist to diagnose if you are already on steroids and the symptoms get masked. But I will try to simplify it for you here. Could you let me know the results of rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP an...  Read Full »

Should I try steroid medicines for my rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis two years back. I am on Ayurveda treatment and have taken Panchakarma treatment as well. There is a slight improvement, but still, my swelling on the left knee is not coming down, and recently a pain in the left wrist has begun. My ESR and CC...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. I just read your query and saw all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In RA (rheumatoid arthritis), allopathic medicines like painkillers and corticosteroids are prescribed which will give you temporary relief, but in the long term, these med...  Read Full »

Can I use steroid creams for phimosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I think I have phimosis. In a flaccid condition, I can retract my foreskin to a certain level. But when erect, the foreskin goes down only a few centimeters, and only one fourth of the glans is visible. Is it possible to enjoy painless sex without any treatment?  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to go for circumcision because sometimes during sex, your foreskin may retract completely and bleed. It may also swell up. Circumcision has a lot of advantages. So, I will recommend circumcision. For more information consult a urologi...  Read Full »

What is the difference between steroid-induced rosacea and normal rosacea?
Query: Hello doctor,I wanted to ask that what is the difference between steroid induced rosacea and normal rosacea?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A steroid is a medicine used for many dermatological conditions, available in various concentrations and potency. When potent steroids are used on face, it makes the skin thin (atrophy), making it more sensitive. It also makes the tiny blood vessels within the skin ...  Read Full »

Would it be better to get steroid injection before ablation for neck pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had right-sided chronic cervical neck pain for the past six months. My MRI revealed the following. Bulging discs, C6-C7 and C5-C6 osteophytes and severe bilateral stenosis and typical degenerative disc disease. I visited a pain doctor hoping for a cervical steroid procedure, but in...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. You have had the same condition four years ago and treated with cervical steroid injections (three) and pain disappeared. Now, the pain has reappeared. Hence, steroids may...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Steroids? We have medical experts to help you right away.