Stress

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Stress Management, Yoga, Exercises, Meditation, Gastritis

Stress in a Broad Perspective - More Than Merely a Mental Illness!!

Article Overview: Stress is not always due to the mental (psychiatric) illnesses. Physical wellness also counts for stress levels in modern life.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

What Do You Think Is Stress in Your Daily Life? Stress is not just a mental illness. It is not merely a disease of your brain and not always mean that you have a serious psychiatric disorder. It is a multi-factorial disorder including general physical wellness, issues related t ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it seems like fibromyalgia with anxiety. Whenever we are anxious, our autonomic nervous system plays a role, and hence increases the blood flow to various organs by pumping more blood at higher rates, and thus heartbeats can be felt b...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Great amount of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general affect functioning of body, hormonal balance and immunity levels as well. If the stress persist...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted with you the last time whether I can be pregnant as I had sex with my partner on the eighth day of my period and we used condoms as protection. You told that I would not get pregnant. Today I am on the fifth day of my period. On the first two days, the bleeding was no...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Be relaxed. Once you have your periods, it is enough evidence that there is no pregnancy. Yes, the mind controls the periods' dates, amount of bleeding and ovulation too. With so much stress, your period will show changes. I am 100% sure that there is no pregnancy....  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had sensations of tightening in my head, face, chest, and abdomen on and off several times a day. I had them last week and it lasted a couple of days and went away for a week until now. Today, I have them more. It is like a light contraction feeling that lasts for a few minu...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A tightening sensation requires a little more description. It is difficult to comment upon without more information. Are you going through any stress? There cannot be a single neurological cause for your symptoms. Most likely it is benign. So do not worry.  But, if yo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male, who weighs 80 kg and I am 6 feet tall, and I have no previous cardiac problems. I have a slight chest pain, almost like the type caused by grief. I work a lot, especially over the last month. The pain has been on off all day since two weeks. I do not want to wast...  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your worries, but there is absolutely nothing to worry. Chest pains can be caused by a lot of factors, from cardiovascular-related to non-cardiovascular related. For example heartburn, costochondritis, angina, etc. Your chest pain is non-car...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Five weeks ago, I had a hysterectomy along with uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes. I am experiencing light pink to red vaginal bleeding after dealing with high stress at work. I just had my second follow up with my doctor. She said that my stitches are intact and everything appears nor...  Read Full »
Dr. Abiodun A

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-hysterectomy bleeding could be as a result of infection or breakdown of the vault following sexual activity. Also, it could be a normal occurrence from the wound site in which stressful activity brings about the pain and bleeding as you are experiencing. My advice is...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am suffering from stress chest pain for the past one year. 2D echo and ECG are also normal. Is it related to heart or GERD or chest wall? I am taking Cita-S 10 mg and Pantosec.  Read Full »
Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pain at your chest wall may be due to stress or heartburn from acid reflux. I am suggesting that you have developed a stress ulcer which can lead to acid reflux esophagitis. Are you on any form of stress lately? If so please take some time off for adequate res...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old male. I have a good diet. I have been taking good care of my health for the past 20 years as my digestive tract is bad for many years. Can you review my medical records from July and compare it with my CT scan done yesterday? One thing which is confusing me is the prom...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The paraaortic lymph nodes mentioned in the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is almost in normal limit. The enlargement will become significant only if you have pain in abdomen or fever or weight loss. There could be many causes for bowel disturbanc...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male with no history of joint issues. Can stress and anxiety cause joints to pop? I was okay last month but this month it has been really stressful for me and I know my hands feel stiff and all my joints pop. When I raise my arms, one can hear the tendons stretching l...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Random clicking and popping joints is a common occurrence and as long as there is no associated pain or swelling, there is nothing to worry about at a young age such as yours. Excessive stress and anxiety can make your muscles taut. This can happen during periods o...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Stress? We have medical experts to help you right away.