Subclinical Hypothyroidism

Related Terms: Tsh Level, Hypothyroidism, T3 And T4 Levels, Thyroid Problem, Thyroid Function Test, Levothyroxine, Anti-tpo Antibodies

My sister got her periods in 15 days. Could it be due to her thyroiditis?
Query: Hello doctor, This question is regarding my sister. She is 33 years old. She is a mother of 6 year old twins. Two months ago, she was diagnosed with thyroiditis. From the last month, she gets her periods, once every 15 days. Kindly tell me the probable reason and the course of action to be taken.  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sister has subclinical hypothyroidism. Start her on tablet Eltroxin (Thyroxine) 50 mcg, once daily, to be taken early in the morning on an empty stomach. Get the TSH levels repeated after three months. Thyroid abnormalities may be one of the reason for menstrual i...  Read Full »

What is wrong with my health?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. In childhood, I had malaria and double typhoid. Everything was normal until few years back. Things started all over again since the last five to six years. I have been putting on weight continuously, suffering from weakness, horrible fatigue and body pain all th...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have what is called subclinical hypothyroidism. It is also a metabolic component of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). You are doing most things right. Remember there is no magic treatment. Exercise and diet are continuous events that need regular and consistent foll...  Read Full »

What does my low AMH level indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, Last month on day 2 My TSH level was 4,9304 uIU/mL, free T4 was 102 ng/dL and prolactin was 30.63 ng/mL. My last six months menstrual cycle length were 34 days, 28 days, 28 days, 28 days, 36 days and 19 days respectively. My cycle statistics are as follows. Average cycle length 29 days, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from hyperprolactinemia and borderline subclinical hypothyroidism. Both of which can cause delay in ovulation and hence irregularity in cycles. Ideally, menses between 23 to 35 days are considered normal as per definition. In your case, the concer...  Read Full »

My blood report shows some abnormalities. How can they be corrected?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and I take Cetapin XR 1000 twice a day but, due to some irregularity and working stress my fasting sugar is now 140. In my test report, some other abnormalities were also present, which I have mentioned below: Triglyceride: 151 Cholesterol HDL direct: 35 Cholest...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports, I observe you have vitamin D deficiency, subclinical hypothyroidism, transaminitis, and reduced HDL. You are overweight. So, I would advise you to involve in physical exercises, brisk walking, and make dietary modifications. For diabetes, you are al...  Read Full »

My TSH level was 11.768 U/mL, do I have to start taking Synthroid again?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a thyroid test three years back, and my levels were 7.043 U/mL, so I was put on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. After experiencing some side effects from the Synthroid drug, I discussed alternatives with an endocrinologist. He advised me to stop my medication and retest afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Levothyroxine is one of the safest medicine with as good as no side effects. Earlier you had subclinical hypothyroidism. But, now it has progressed to overt hypothyroidism. You can still wait for another four weeks and repeat the test if it is more than 10 U/mL, you ...  Read Full »

I am planning to start a family, but have low libido and weight issues. Please advise.
Query: Dear doctor,I have been married for four years and I am planning to start a family. I have been facing low libido and fluctuating weight issues for four years. I consulted an andrologist three years back who conducted a blood test and found my TSH level at 4.81 IU/ml which he said was slightly on th...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From what you have mentioned, it appears that you have subclinical hypothyroidism and low libido. Your testosterone levels are good. So, they are not responsi...  Read Full »

Can you give me clarity regarding my annual medical report?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I have an active lifestyle with a focus on my diet and daily health regimen. I do not have any significant medical history, except for high cholesterol levels. I want to boost my testosterone levels too, as I hardly have any libido. Unless absolutely warranted,...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete list of investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The following are my observations and suggestions: There is an increased cholesterol level, subclinical hypothyroidism, and raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive pr...  Read Full »

What is the reason for increase in eosinophil count?
Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I have given my blood sample for a random test. When reports came I got shocked. Is there any big health issue? Do I need to consult the doctor for this? See below lab report: RDW-CV 14.4 high 11.6-14.0 %, Eosinophils 9.1 high 1.0-6.0 %, Absolute eosinophil count 0.70 high 0.02-0...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the eosinophils increase, it could be due to allergic condition or parasitic infection. So do you have any remarkable symptoms like for example coughing,sneezing, etc.? As for the elevated TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), it is subclinical hypothyroidism...  Read Full »

I have got different opinions for my TSH value. Which one is correct?
Query: Hi doctor, I am very concerned about my health. I made an appointment last year with an endocrinologist. I had a laboratory work and my TSH was 3.4. It was considered normal on laboratory ranges. But, my primary doctor said that 3.4 is high on what it should be consider the new normal. My LDL chole...  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Work up of hypothyroidism involves just TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) or TSH and free T4. TT3 (triiodothyronine) or reverse T3 has no role in the diagnosis of hypothyroidism and it is useful in hyperthyroidism. TSH more than 10 is hypothyroidism and definitely need...  Read Full »

What are the causes of high amylase levels?
Query: Hi doctor, My 50 years old mother's blood report showed the amylase levels to be high. The amylase level is 126, rheumatoid factor is 16, and TSH is 6.275. What do these values indicate? What are the causes for this? What is the treatment?  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. From what you have described, it appears that your mother has slightly high serum amylase levels, which could be mild pancreatitis due to high-fat diet or alcohol. You must see an internal medicine specialist for this condition. She also has a sl...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Subclinical Hypothyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away.