Suicidal Ideations

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Depressive Disorder, Escitalopram, Suicidal Thoughts, Antidepressants, Buspirone.

Why am I having rapid mood swings and ideas about suicide?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have rapid mood swings, and I space out a lot like I have no awareness of what is going on around me. When someone tries to snap me out of it, I lash out. I think about suicide a lot, and I have a history of self-harm, and I have started to drink alcohol to fe...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting mood problems, history of self-harm and suicidal ideation. When you say you are spacing out, you are possibly describing dissociation which can be a result of high-stress levels. You will benefit by talking to your doctor or a counsellor to clarify ...  Read Full »

I am being emotionally abused. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am an engineering college student. I have an younger brother. My parents have always been distant for as long as I remember and the beating, fighting and emotional abuse started around five years back. Now they started to fight with us too. My father always try to t...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms of both depression (sad mood, forgetfulness, depersonalization, feeling of helplessness, suicidal ideation, loss of concentration) and anxiety (restlessness, heaviness). So, your diagnosis is mixed depression and anxiety disorder. You need to take ...  Read Full »

Thoughts about my breakup haunt me and I feel lonely. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling alone in life. I came to work abroad and fortunately got a job at a clothes shop and running it for a year. But, I have not been able to save to help my family. I feel weak and no proper food I am eating. I do not want to deal with customers at the shop. My past breakup ...  Read Full »
Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from depression because of your situation. I suggest you take a few medications as you are having suicidal ideations too. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram and Sertraline will help you in early recovery. Visit a nearby ...  Read Full »

Can skipping Lexapro tablets cause suicidal thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have taken antidepressants, in particular, Lexapro 20/10 mg for about five years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the anti-depressants cold turkey for about a month and a half due to negligence on my part. During the month and a half, I only expe...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is unlikely for Lexapro (Escitalopram) to cause this symptom, especially when you have been taking it for the last five years. Though there are a few reports of emergent suicidal thoughts as a part of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) discontinuation ...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of depression?
Query: Hello doctor, How do you know when you are depressed and should see a doctor?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cardinal symptoms of depression are following, and these should be present for at least for two weeks: Depressed mood. Anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure from activities that are usually found enjoyable). Significant weight change or change in appetite. Ins...  Read Full »

Had a breakup. Please help me come out of my feeling.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My problem is that I loved a girl and now she moved away from me. She rejected my proposal. Now, I am getting suicide ideas. Please help me to come out of this.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feel after losing your loved one. This is a natural human reaction to feel depressed and low after a loss. We call this as grief. You need grief management instantly or else your feelings can become intense and after two months of similar condition, it ...  Read Full »

I miss my best friend and feel depressed. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old boy. Last year, I made a very best friend. He was like my second half. He used to share each and everything with me. A few months back, I saw him with his ex-girlfriend, and they were in a relationship now. He never told me that. She lives near my home, and my friend...  Read Full »
Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. This is completely normal at the age of 18 years. You like your friend as a friend and not as a partner. He was very close to you, but it does not mean you are gay. This is a very common feeling at your age. At this age, we can get attra...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

Please explain the poisonous effect of phenol ingestion.
Query: Hello doctor, My friend aged 30 had two drops of phenol mistaking for milk. He vomited and had lot of salt water. Please advice for any side effect.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Psychological Aspects of Rape
Article Overview: Rape is very common in our society. The important thing to note is that out of every 10 rapes, only three come into police records, while others go unreported. The cause may be fear, guilt, embarrassment, and family prestige. Rape affects every aspect of a victim's life.  Read Article »
Dr. Ravi M Soni

Rape is any kind of sexual assault that involves sexual intercourse, that is done by one or more persons against a person's will. Victims of rape bear severe trauma. In addition to psychological harm, rape is associated with physical trauma too. There are always chances of acquiring sexually transm ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Suicidal Ideations? We have medical experts to help you right away.