Suicidal Thoughts

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Depressive Disorder, Psychological Counselling, Stress, Suicidal Ideations, Symptoms Of Depression

How can I overcome depression and suicidal thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have depression, feeling of failure in life, no more attraction to live life. Sad, anxious, or empty mood. Loss of interest or pleasure in activities. Thoughts of death or suicide, including suicide attempts.  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you must be feeling right now. Depression is a serious but treatment illness. I can see you have thoughts of suicide and suicide attempts are also there which indicates that your depression worsened now. But do not worry, there are various treatment...  Read Full »

Why am I having suicidal thoughts and nervous breakdown?
Query: Hi doctor, I was injured at work before four years and till date I have not received any treatment. In the course of trying to get medical help, I have been suffering with severe pain and have been on strong pain medication for over three years. I also had two surgeries earlier for disc herniation. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern Please try to accept that depression is an illness like any other medical illness. In depression a lot of individuals develop paranoid ideation and even delusions. Sometimes, these paranoid ideas, develop against close family members or f...  Read Full »

I do not want to get married and often get suicidal thoughts. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I do not know what disease I am suffering from but it is killing me deep down. I do not want to get married, my parents are forcing me. Please help. It is going on from past 3 to 4 months. At times, I feel like going away from the house or to kill myself but then I see towards my fami...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us summarize your complaints, thoughts of running away from the current situation, occasional suicidal ideas, avoidance of marriage. Marriage is a cause of joy but it is a stress in itself. So, maybe you are trying to avoid further stress because you are overwhel...  Read Full »

Can skipping Lexapro tablets cause suicidal thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have taken antidepressants, in particular, Lexapro 20/10 mg for about five years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the anti-depressants cold turkey for about a month and a half due to negligence on my part. During the month and a half, I only expe...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is unlikely for Lexapro (Escitalopram) to cause this symptom, especially when you have been taking it for the last five years. Though there are a few reports of emergent suicidal thoughts as a part of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) discontinuation ...  Read Full »

My daughter is an introvert with suicidal thoughts. How to help her?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a daughter who is 19 years old. Her behavior is different now when compared to her childhood days. She had been an introvert. She is too emotional and over thinks a lot. From her childhood, she is having suicidal thoughts. She is suffering from depression for the past four years. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand your concern towards your daughter. Childhood plays an essential role in the development of future personality. Her childhood was very traumatic which is troubling her from inside. But still, she can manage her life. I have seen lots of people wh...  Read Full »

I am depressed for past two years and getting suicidal thoughts. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old female. I am depressed for the past two years and unable to forget my fiance who recently got married eight months back but still, I am suffering from the memories. I am severely depressed, do not sleep. I am getting suicidal thoughts for my rejection and was taking ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kiran Lakhani
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail and have come to know that you have been going through a tough time since long. You have tried to take treatment and that has not worked. I understand that you are finding it difficult to get over your fiance and feel rejected...  Read Full »

Why do I get agitated, mentally hyperactive, cannot sleep and get suicidal thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, It was five years back when I encountered sleep problem for the first time, and at that point, I was doing a night shift. I consulted a doctor, and he suggested me the medicine Clonazepam 0.5 mg. I had continued Clonazepam 0.5 mg for 1 year. After more than a year, I got to know from a...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine group of medicine and prescribed for psychiatric problems including seizure and panic disorder. Having suicidal thoughts is a known side effect of Clonazepam. Yo...  Read Full »

Why does my dad keep abusing me?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have problem with my dad. He is a kind of Hitler. I want to die. I cannot live with him. He hates me. He abuses me every day. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through and you have my sympathies for the same. Coming to your dad, you say that he hates you, abuses you and dictates you. This can be hard for an 18 year old to face, but suicidal thoughts are not the solution for the same. Here is m...  Read Full »

I feel sad and do not feel like doing anything often. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a male. For a while, I have been feeling very down like I do not feel happy. I feel sad but then after a while, I feel alright. Then I feel sad again. Sometimes, I wanna be left alone, sometimes, I wish I had more people and I think about self-harm a lot and I cannot cry easily but...  Read Full »
Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that your weight, height, BMI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are within normal limits and age is appropriate. No such stress factor has been described by you. Is there any stress and mental trauma that troubles you or any situation that c...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Suicidal Thoughts? We have medical experts to help you right away.