Sun Exposure

Related Terms: Sunscreen, Sunscreen Lotion, Sunprotection, Sun Protection Factor, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D, Moisturizer

Should I avoid sun exposure to prevent scar pigmentation?
Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, a bathroom wall mirror fell on me and sliced my left cheek open. It resulted in a pretty deep cut on cheek about 6 cm of my cheek. I got stitches in an hour and it has been healing well I think. I have also been massaging the scar every day for 10 minutes with Cica...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read about your query and the history. After an injury, anywhere for the matter may result in darkening termed as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Cicaplast makes the healing faster and since it is three months for now, the injury would have healed better. A be...  Read Full »

My skin is inflamed and sensitive after excessive sun exposure. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I did something very silly 10 days ago. I was outside all day without a sunscreen, so the tops of my breasts were exposed to the sun until 2 PM. I got a sunburn which is typical, as my skin type makes me prone to it. Usually, it subsides within a week, if not less. However, this time t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you developed severe sunburn. Sunburn is a clinical reaction due to the acute effects of the sun's ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the skin. I suggest using normal saline or 1:10,000 dilution potassium permanganate compresses or soaks to wash away serous disc...  Read Full »

How to improve skin tone and get glowing skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I have an uneven skin tone on my face. Please advise for an even skin tone and glowing skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Uneven skin tone is caused mainly by: Frequent sun exposure. Hormonal imbalances. To prevent and reverse dullness of skin and to improve your skin tone: Drink plenty of water (minimum of eight glasses a day). Avoid oily foods. Consume a lot of fruits and gr...  Read Full »

I am 29 years old, but I look like a 40 year old. How to look my age?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who looks like a 40 year old. I have aged very poorly. What caused this to happen? What can I do to look my proper age?  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early aging can be a consequence of multiple factors. The most important ones are sun exposure, poor nutrition, improper sleep, bad lifestyle habits, and poor regular care of the skin. Excessive sun exposure damages the normal texture of the skin by altering the collage...  Read Full »

Is there any solution to make my face match my body color?
Query: Hello doctor,My face is so dark when compared to my body. I am a sports person so from my childhood I am exposed to sunlight a lot. Is there any solution to come back to my body color?  Read Full »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You should use sunscreens with SPF 50 or more daily. Try to avoid sun exposure as possible. The creams used to increase skin color will do more harm than good. Melanin is the pigment which causes darkening. Its production increases on exposure...  Read Full »

Can I get milia removed without scar?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

Sunprotection and Sunscreens : All you need to know about this!
Article Overview: Sun protection is the single most important measure of preventing or delaying problems like ageing of skin, wrinkles, pigmentation disorders like melasma, age spots etc. Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these problems. Unfortunately not many people know how exactly a sunscreen should be used to optimize its beneficial effects. This article will educate everybody about concepts of ideal sun protection and use of sunscreens.  Read Article »
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

What is Sun Protection and Why is it Needed Sun protection is simply guarding a body from the adverse effects of sunlight. Sun light consists of visible light and Ultra Violet (UV) radiation which are of three types – A,B,C of which UVA and UVB have detrimental effects on the skin on chronic ...  Read Article »

My whole body is getting very tanned. What cream can I use?
Query: Hello doctor, My whole body gets very tanned these days. So, tell me any cream or lotion to clear it.  Read Full »
Dr. Tahir Shehzad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apply some sunblock whenever you go out. You can use Mineral UV 100 sunblock. Tanning is of two types. Immediate tanning which comes within minutes of sun exposure and goes away within hours. Delayed tanning which comes after repeated sun exposures and stays for a lo...  Read Full »

What can be done for wrinkled skin on back of right palm?
Query: Hello doctor, The back of my right palm has gotten very wrinkly over the last couple of months. It looks like a 50-year-old's hand. Do not know what the reason could be. I have attached photos of my palm. There are also certain burn marks on my palm as hot milk spilled over it last week. Let me kno...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The wrinkles are due to severe dryness (a type of eczema). The treatment involves: Avoid sun exposure, soaps or detergents. Use gloves when washing dishes. Use strong moisturizer c...  Read Full »

What would be the reason for development of large number of moles?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old. She has been developing lot of moles on her body especially on hands and face. Initially they are very light almost like a small brown spot, but gradually they are becoming darker. They are incrementing periodically. What would be the reason for it? Is there an...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you explained the disease that your wife has multiple small moles over face and hands, it certainly indicates solar lentigines. It is a multiple freckles type mole due to sun exposure. Now, let me explain the treatment and precautions. Avoid exposure to sunlight as m...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sun Exposure? We have medical experts to help you right away.