Sun Exposure

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till ...  Read Full »

Can Tacrolimus ointment be used for peelings lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I have peeling lips for past one year. It started over last winter when I applied moisturizer. Even after I stopped applying the moisturizer it is peeling still. I went to a doctor and he gave me a vitamin tablet. But, I did not get any cure with that. Then I visited a dermatologist and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and can very well understand your concern. I would recommend you to upload the photographs of your lips so that I have a clearer picture of your condition and can guide you in a better way. I would also like to ask you few questi...  Read Full »

Is knee cracking a sign of vitamin D deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding knee joint and lower back pain. I usually get a cracking sound when I bend my knees and while getting up. The sound is not accompanied by pain. Is this a cause of concern? Please let me know if any test or x-ray needs to be done. I am also having lower back pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. You are right. The cracking sounds that you hear in the joints are due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency. These sounds do not mean that bones rub against each other. It means that air bubbles burst inside the joint. These sou...  Read Full »

What causes water bubbles on hand?

Query: Hi doctor, I have water bubbles on my fingers and they are itchy. when I am out in sunlight or when my body heats up, I have a feeling like thousands of ants are crawling and biting my body and my body starts itching. I am very worried. I maintain good hygiene. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the details you have provided and feel it be an allergic condition of skin known as pompholyx. Pompholyx generally causes itching of the hands and feet. Since these body parts directly come in contact with external objects on a day to day basis. The s...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove milia with a needle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

What would be the reason for development of large number of moles?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old. She has been developing lot of moles on her body especially on hands and face. Initially they are very light almost like a small brown spot, but gradually they are becoming darker. They are incrementing periodically. What would be the reason for it? Is there an...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you explained the disease that your wife has multiple small moles over face and hands, it certainly indicates solar lentigines. It is a multiple freckles type mole due to sun exposure. Now, let me explain the treatment and precautions. Avoid exposure to sunlight as ...  Read Full »

My Right Eye Is Bigger Than The Left One. Why Do My Eyes Pain And Get Watery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my paleo diet reports.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been following paleo diet for the past 20 days. I have attached my reports here for your reference. Kindly review my report and let me know your feedback.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have started paleo diet 13 days before you have taken the blood test. It should be taken a day before you start paleo. Anyway, the only way to compare the health benefits of paleo is by taking a repeat test by the end of this month and comparing with this ...  Read Full »

Reasons for burning sensation after peeling treatment for acne.

Query: Hi doctor, About 3 weeks ago, I was prescribed Retin-A 0.5% and Acticlate for an unusual breakout on my forehead by my dermatologist. The anaesthetician who also took a look at my face recommended Glytone PA chemical peel to help treat some discoloration that the acne had caused. I went in to see he...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is right, and these are common post peel effect. By looking at your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell that in your condition medicines are very unlikely to effect and chemical peeling and lasers are the only options. Glycolic acid...  Read Full »

What could be the spreading spot on my face be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a spot on my skin for about two weeks and is not healing. It started out like a pimple and is now spreading. I thought it was an infected pimple and applied Bactroban which did not help. It tingles and burns.I do not know whether it is a fungal infection or not. I had something sim...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sure your problem is distressing and is affecting you severely. Let us understand your case. Since you are a very fair skin type patient, you are naturally more exposed to sun radiation which is UV-A and UV-B (ultraviolet A and B) rays. In effect what it does is, ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.