Sunlight

Related Terms: Vitamin D Deficiency, Sunscreen, Vitamin D, Sun Exposure, Stress, Anxiety, Exercises, Calcium Supplements

How can I protect myself from sunlight?
Query: Hi doctor, Two years back during my holidays, I developed a large rash over the whole of my legs. It was described as petechiae when I got back to my native. The infection had got into my blood stream and my white blood cell count was extremely high. It took some time for it to return to normal. I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem quoted by you as a petechia with blood stream infection and increased white blood cell count is broad in the sense it can include, Sepsis due to bacterial infection.  Viral hemorrhagic fever. Parasitic infections. Whatever might be the cause; infections are...  Read Full »

Why is my eye blurry only in sunlight?
Query: Hello doctor, My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyes...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom that you are suffering from is referred to as hemeralopia, this symptom can be caused due to a number of different conditions. The most common mechanism of such a blurring involves a central corneal opacity or cataract obstructing central light rays when ...  Read Full »

Can rabies virus survive outside host if exposed to sunlight?
Query: Hello doctor, Can rabies virus survive outside host on grass or leaves if it is exposed to sunlight?  Read Full »
Dr. Arun R Kaushik
Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, UV rays of the sun are known to kill the virus. So usually they do not survive outside the body when exposed to the sunlight.  Read Full »

My face turns red when I am exposed to sunlight. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male trying to achieve an overall good facial complexion. For a number of years now my skin seems to be a bit damaged and has a lot less color to it than the rest of my body. My face seems to have general redness to it which is accelerated in the winter. I wash my f...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Right now, you are having photocontact dermatitis, which is redness of exposed skin parts on exposure to sunlight. This may be followed by hyperpigmentation and that is why you are observing different facial skin tones as compared to the rest of the bod...  Read Full »

Why does my face look bad when I walk into direct sunlight?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had mild acne for years and it seems to be under control now with an occasional break out here and there, mainly just trying to fix scarring. I am a 26-year-old male. Currently, I am using the Menscience brand facial wash, Mirco scrub, and rosewater toner. I lie to keep things ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad you asked this. Could you also upload a photo of your face both indoors as well as in natural daylight? I need to have a close-up view to pinpoint the diagnosis and suggest a remedy. I appreciate your concern. For more information consult a dermatologist onli...  Read Full »

I have thick skin pads, redness, and pain when out in sunlight. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have thick skin pads on my cheeks and the symptoms have all the hall marks of rosacea, redness, itchiness and pain in sunlight, blushing, etc. I am becoming very self-conscious of my face and wondered if there is anything I can do to reduce the symptoms. It started almost 10 to 15 yea...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it seems to be a manifestation of rosacea. Please send good quality photographs taken in natural light to confirm the diagnosis and to provide you the proper treatment. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

I have pink rash on the side of my nose that gets worsened in sunlight.What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had a red/pink rash on the side of my nose for about a year and a half now. It is on the bridge of my nose. It gets better at times, but most of the time it is prominent. It also usually gets better when I am in a cool environment and worse when I am in a hot climate or in su...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After carefully reading your history I came to a conclusion that there are two possibilities of your rash. Drug reaction: It can mimic like anything and can remain up to 3 to 5 months and then subside as the drug gets cleared from the body. Photoallergic dermatitis: The s...  Read Full »

How can I manage tan, dark, dry and itchy skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. My hands are very tan, dark, dry and itchy. I have this in the whole body. Please suggest me sunscreen for hands and to clear my dark skin as I am getting married in two months.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tanning from sunlight needs few weeks to fade. People having type 4 skin produce more melanin on exposure to sunlight. Tanning is a kind of protection from sun so that we do not burn. To remove this sun tan, avoid further exposure to sunlight, use sunscreen with SPF 50...  Read Full »

Skin Cancer Facts: What You Need to Know
Article Overview: The skin is an organ which protects the body against the harmful effects of sunlight, infection, injury, and helps regulate body temperature and moisture. This article talks about the most common type of cancer, namely, skin cancer which usually occurs in areas exposed to sunlight.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Skin cancer is the uncontrolled growth of skin cells, forming a tumorous mass. It can be either benign (where the tumor can grow but not spread to other organs) or malignant (can spread to other organs). If it is detected early, it can be treated quickly with less scarring. Types of Skin Cancer Th ...  Read Article »

My back and joint pain persists even after 2 years of cesarean. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I am a mother of a 2 year old boy. After cesarean delivery, I had back and joint pain problem. I thought that once I stop my breastfeeding my problem will resolve. But, it persists still. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need calcium supplements daily. You also need to be exposed to direct sunlight for quarter an hour three times a week before noon. Also, you need Vitamin B 12 supplements. It will take around three months of supplements to compensate the deficiencies caused by breastf...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sunlight? We have medical experts to help you right away.