Medical Advice on "Sunprotection"

SPF or sun protection factor blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. SPF number not less … View thread »

It looks like (attachment removed to protect patient identity) polymorphic light eruptions, may be allergic contact dermatitis. You can use full sleeve cotton shirts to cover the photo exposed area. You need absolute sun protection, good quality broad spectrum physical … View thread »

Use of strong cosmetics and bleaches does affect the natural look of the skin. In few people with sensitive skin, it does lead to irritant dermatitis. The essential step in the management of such situation is adequate sun protection. Sun exposure only further worsens … View thread »

I have gone through the information provided. It most likely appears to be sunburn as seen in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You could apply DesOwen (Desonide) mild potent steroid cream twice a day for five days. Along with this, also … View thread »

I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use … View thread »

Avoid excessive cleansing of your skin. Use soap or face wash not more than two to three times a day. Plain water can be used to cleanse whenever required. Pat dry your skin after washing it. Keeping your skin moisturized is the key to healthy looking skin. Pick a … View thread »

Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to … View thread »

From your description, I think they could be freckles. Do send me images of the same, so I can confirm my diagnosis. Freckles or ephelides are common in individuals who sunburn easily and do not tan, whereas it is uncommon among people who are dark complexioned. I … View thread »

As such there are no skin whitening pills. Glutathione pills are marketed as skin whitening pill, but its use is not recommended by doctors. It is essential to know how you use your sunscreen. Sunscreens with SPF 30 are good for regular use. Sunscreen should be applied … View thread »

I have read your concern and I appreciate your effort for a detailed and meticulous history. Since you are on tablet Adderall 20 mg, which is Amphetamine, it can cause photoallergic cutaneous side effects. It is true that initially for a few months you have no such kind … View thread »

Do you have a question on Sunprotection? We have experts to help you right away.