Medical Advice on "Sunprotection"

Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these … View thread »

Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen … View thread »

The answers are here in this article … View thread »

It looks like (attachment removed to protect patient identity) polymorphic light eruptions, may be allergic contact dermatitis. You can use full sleeve cotton shirts to cover the photo exposed area. You need absolute sun protection, good quality broad spectrum … View thread »

Use of strong cosmetics and bleaches does affect the natural look of the skin. In few people with sensitive skin, it does lead to irritant dermatitis. The essential step in the management of such situation is adequate sun protection. Sun exposure only further worsens … View thread »

I have gone through the information provided. It most likely appears to be sunburn as seen in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You could apply DesOwen (Desonide) mild potent steroid cream twice a day for five days. Along with this, also … View thread »

Right now, you are having photocontact dermatitis, which is redness of exposed skin parts on exposure to sunlight. This may be followed by hyperpigmentation and that is why you are observing different facial skin tones as compared to the rest of the … View thread »

I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use … View thread »

Avoid excessive cleansing of your skin. Use soap or face wash not more than two to three times a day. Plain water can be used to cleanse whenever required. Pat dry your skin after washing it. Keeping your skin moisturized is the key to healthy looking … View thread »

Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to … View thread »

Do you have a question on Sunprotection? We have medical experts to help you right away.