Sunprotection

Related Terms: Sunscreen, Sun Protection Factor, Sunscreen Lotion, Sun Exposure, Kojic Acid, Chemical Peels, Moisturizer

Sunprotection and Sunscreens : All you need to know about this!
Article Overview: Sun protection is the single most important measure of preventing or delaying problems like ageing of skin, wrinkles, pigmentation disorders like melasma, age spots etc. Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these problems. Unfortunately not many people know how exactly a sunscreen should be used to optimize its beneficial effects. This article will educate everybody about concepts of ideal sun protection and use of sunscreens.  Read Article »
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

What is Sun Protection and Why is it Needed Sun protection is simply guarding a body from the adverse effects of sunlight. Sun light consists of visible light and Ultra Violet (UV) radiation which are of three types – A,B,C of which UVA and UVB have detrimental effects on the skin on chronic ...  Read Article »

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.
Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full »

How to Select a Sunscreen?
Article Overview: The most common questions in dermatological practice are which sunscreen to use and while going out in the sun what are the sun protection measures. The answers are here in this article.  Read Article »

Ultraviolet radiation like UVA and UVB has been well documented to have multiple effects on human skin. It not only causes skin cancer, but also cutaneous aging like seborrheic keratosis, photomelanosis (pigmentation on sun exposed parts), wrinkles, polymorphous light eruption, melasma, freckles, le ...  Read Article »

Why is there slow healing of boils on my face?
Query: Hi doctor, Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a ...  Read Full »

What can be done to get rid of oily skin and get back fairer complexion?
Query: Hello doctor, My skin is a bit oily and I had a really fair complexion but nowadays it has become dark. So please tell me a solution to get fairer complexion.  Read Full »
Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can do the following for tanning. Use a very good sunscreen. The proper method of using sunscreen is to use a sun protection cream. Sunscreen or sunblock with SPF of at least 30+ daily. If you are going to be outdoors for a long time you can use SPF of 50+. The suns...  Read Full »

I am getting yearly itchy rash outbreaks. What are they?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from this problem for a few years and every year it seems to be worsening than the previous one. I am overweight and by working hard I have lost about 15 pounds. I got yearly rash outbreaks on arms, especially forearms. I have diabetes and taking many medications,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like (attachment removed to protect patient identity) polymorphic light eruptions, may be allergic contact dermatitis. You can use full sleeve cotton shirts to cover the photo exposed area. You need absolute sun protection, good quality broad spectrum ph...  Read Full »

My face is burnt after using bleach. Please suggest some cream.
Query: Hi doctor, I used bleach on my face two months back, and my face is burnt due to this. My skin is peeling now, and I cannot use any cream or soap, as it starts burning. I had been to the dermatologist, and he gave me Emolene and Eumosone. I have been using it from past 1.5 months, but the results ar...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use of strong cosmetics and bleaches does affect the natural look of the skin. In a few people with sensitive skin, it does lead to irritant dermatitis. The essential step in the management of such a situation is adequate sun protection. Sun exposure only further worsen...  Read Full »

I got some white patch with rashes on skin. What could it be?
Query: Hi doctor, I got some white patch with rashes. I feel it sometime itchy. It is the same for last two weeks neither increasing nor decreasing. Applied face cream and cow ghee. I have attached the photos for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the information provided. It most likely appears to be sunburn as seen in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You could apply DesOwen (Desonide) mild potent steroid cream twice a day for five days. Along with this, also us...  Read Full »

My face turns red when I am exposed to sunlight. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male trying to achieve an overall good facial complexion. For a number of years now my skin seems to be a bit damaged and has a lot less color to it than the rest of my body. My face seems to have general redness to it which is accelerated in the winter. I wash my f...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Right now, you are having photocontact dermatitis, which is redness of exposed skin parts on exposure to sunlight. This may be followed by hyperpigmentation and that is why you are observing different facial skin tones as compared to the rest of the bod...  Read Full »

What can I do to overcome oily face?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am facing a few issues for which I seek your help. I have oily face, but a very dry body skin. Please advise what I can do to overcome this. I stay in a joint family and as a result have to masturbate very privately most of the times. Also, most of the times I...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use sunscree...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sunprotection? We have medical experts to help you right away.