Medical Advice on "Sunscreen"

Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these … View thread »

The answers are here in this article … View thread »

Ahaglow (alpha hydroxy acid) face wash can be used to wash the face. La shield sunscreen can be used in the morning as it is non-comedogenic. Please upload an image of your face, so that depending on the skin type, pigmentation, and acne, medications can be … View thread »

Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen … View thread »

You are most probably suffering from photoallergy. Whenever you go out use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or more 20 minutes before going out. Reapply it every 4 hours if you stay in the sun for very long. Start taking oral chewable vitamin C tablets for a month. For … View thread »

The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help … View thread »

The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till … View thread »

Yes, self-tanning lotions are known to cause skin cancer. Please stop using it and avoid exposure to sunlight without a sunscreen. Use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more, apply every fourth hourly. Look for any changes in the skin, any bumps that look different, any … View thread »

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest her to use a broad spectrum sunscreen such as Sunstop 30 or Suncros soft sunscreen. Reapply every two to three hours throughout the day. At night, she … View thread »

You can take an oral Vitamin C supplement every day. I suggest taking one sachet of Ener-C 1000 mg in a glass of water. Use sunscreen in the morning. Apply Golite skin lightening cream over the face at bedtime. For more information consult a dermatologist … View thread »

Do you have a question on Sunscreen? We have medical experts to help you right away.