Medical Advice on "Sunscreen"

Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these … View thread »

The answers are here in this article … View thread »

Ahaglow (alpha hydroxy acid) face wash can be used to wash the face. La shield sunscreen can be used in the morning as it is non-comedogenic. Please upload an image of your face, so that depending on the skin type, pigmentation, and acne, medications can be … View thread »

Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen … View thread »

You are most probably suffering from photoallergy. Whenever you go out use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or more 20 minutes before going out. Reapply it every 4 hours if you stay in the sun for very long. Start taking oral chewable vitamin C tablets for a month. For … View thread »

The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help … View thread »

The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till … View thread »

Yes, self-tanning lotions are known to cause skin cancer. Please stop using it and avoid exposure to sunlight without a sunscreen. Use a sunscreen with SPF 50 or more, apply every fourth hourly. Look for any changes in the skin, any bumps that look different, any … View thread »

You can take an oral Vitamin C supplement every day. I suggest taking one sachet of Ener-C 1000 mg in a glass of water. Use sunscreen in the morning. Apply Golite skin lightening cream over the face at bedtime. For more information consult a dermatologist … View thread »

Natural complexion is the best. Melanin, the pigment responsible for the skin color has protective effects. Use cleanser like cetaphil to wash your face. You can use sunscreen lotions like shade lotion regularly 2-3 times a day. Skinlite is a combination … View thread »

Do you have a question on Sunscreen? We have medical experts to help you right away.