Surgical Removal Of Uterus

Related Terms: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Thickening, Hysterectomy, Ovarian Cancer, Ovarian Cysts, Painful Periods

Can uterus removal cause urinary incontinence?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from urinary incontinence at the time of sleeping. She gave birth to two babies through operation, and now they are aged 9 and 5. After which she got her uterus removed through operation. Please help us.  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Urinary incontinence is a common complication after surgical removal of uterus. You should do her urine culture and sensitivity test, also blood sugar PP (postprandial). If the problem is only at night then she should stop taki...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only treatment available for adenomyosis?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife has been diagnosed with adenomyosis. What should we do next?  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best treatment for adenomyosis and endometriosis, is hormonal therapy or a hormonal IUD (intrauterine device). Also, if you are planning for pregnancy, then plan for it immediately. As time passes by the problem may increase and interfere with the fertility. So, ...  Read Full »

My mom had hysterectomy for adenocarcinoma. Is radiation therapy compulsory?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother had complex endometrial hyperplasia for which surgery was fixed and last week, hysterectomy along with salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphonodectomy was done. After surgery, the parts were sent for histopathology. It was diagnosed as stage-2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. The...  Read Full »
Dr. Varadarajan Kumar
Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the extent of disease within the myometrium and endocervical extent. For further queries consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

My wife has neoplasia and a fibroid in her uterus. Is hysterectomy the only option?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 51 years old, and she weighs 60 kg and 1.58 m tall. She took a Pap smear test and found out that she has neoplasia 3 and a fibroid of 5 to 6 cm. We consulted a gynecologist and, who advised removing the uterus and ovaries. Please advice. Is removing the uterus the only option?  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will also advise for surgery since Pap smear shows grade 3 changes. Preserving the uterus is only advised in young women requiring fertility, who also need lifelong follow-up later. In your wife's state, since she is already 51, what is the point of preserving the uteru...  Read Full »

Is Vaginal Birth Possible after a Caesarean Delivery?
Article Overview: In the earlier days the norm was 'once a caesarean, then always a caesarean'. Nowadays it has changed quite a lot due to advances in medical sciences, and also due to the awareness of the advantages of normal delivery over caesarean.  Read Article »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

There are few factors on which a successful vaginal birth following a Caesarean delivery (C-section) depends. Your chances for a normal delivery are good if: You have already had only one C-section. You have had a normal delivery after a C-section. Yours is an uncomplicated pregnancy w ...  Read Article »

My mom was recommended a uterus removal surgery. What do you suggest?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom is 47 years old. Her periods lasted 15 days. So, she consulted a doctor, who asked her to get a scan done. The scan showed bulky uterus, a mildly thickened endometrium, and a right simple ovarian cyst. She was advised a uterus removal surgery to avoid further discomfort. Kindly...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Bulky uterus with a cyst in the anterior wall and thickened endometrium is most likely due to a dysfunctional uterine bleeding...  Read Full »

Menopause
Article Overview: Menopause is not a disease or a condition, but a normal part of life when a woman ceases to menstruate and is no longer fertile. Menopausal symptoms occur a few months to years before and after the last period.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

All you need to know about Menopause Menopause is not a disease or a condition, but a normal part of life when a woman ceases to menstruate and is no longer fertile. Menopausal symptoms occur a few months to years before and after the last period. The average age of menopause is between 49 and 52 y ...  Read Article »

Fibroids causing painful menstrual period with clots. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 38. I have fibroids. The last time I went to the hospital, I had a blood transfusion. Both the legs were swollen due to lack of protein in the blood. I am on my menstrual period right now. My abdomen feels very heavy. And I cant control the bleeding. I cannot user tampons because...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Fibroids may cause excessive bleeding. So, a strict management is required. If fertility is not required, hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is an option. If fertility is required, myomectomy (removal of fibroids) is a good option. Bef...  Read Full »

Kindly recommend a drug to stop ovulation and menstruation permanently.
Query: Hello doctor, I want to stop having menstrual period. I am 38 and widowed. I go through pains in both period and ovulation. Kindly recommend a drug that can stop ovulation and menstruation permanently. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For stopping menses, few medical options are there but you have to be on hormones continuously and it could have some long-term side effects as well. But, if you go for a surgical option, it would be permanent with no side effects. You can have continuous Progestero...  Read Full »

Heavy Unscheduled Bleeding - Causes and Treatment
Article Overview: In this article, I am explaining the causes, types, and investigations to diagnose menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, irregular, unscheduled bleeding and its treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Menstrual bleeding affects the quality of a woman’s life and has an impact on her physically, emotionally, and socially, with or without mild to severe signs and symptoms and it needs attention. Mostly longer, anovulatory cycles have been observed at and after puberty, whereas frequent and sho ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Surgical Removal Of Uterus? We have medical experts to help you right away.