Surgical Removal Of Wisdom Teeth

Related Terms: Wisdom Teeth, Wisdom Tooth Extraction, Impacted Tooth, Tooth Extraction, Toothache, Antibiotics, Tooth Cavity

I have no feeling in my tongue after having wisdom teeth pulled. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old and had four wisdom teeth pulled. The procedure happened on 7th and my tongue is still numb. I have no feeling in my tongue now. Did the dentist maybe nick a nerve or something? Will I ever get the feeling back in my tongue? I am always biting my tongue at night and wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had all the wisdom teeth pulled out in one shot, then you should have been given a lot of numbing injections on all the four sides of the mouth. In that case, the injections given for the lower jaw numbness would be the major reason for your tongue numbness. Do n...  Read Full »

Why is there reduced mouth opening after wisdom tooth removal?
Query: Hello doctor, I was put to sleep and had a surgery on all my wisdom teeth to have them removed. It has been three weeks since surgery and I can only put two fingers in my mouth. My bottom wisdom teeth were impacted in my gums and bone that is why it had to be surgically removed. What can I do to ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Naseer Bhat
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your query, I have gone through it and I came to a provisional diagnosis of trismus (inability to open mouth). This is the diagnosis based on your query and it may not be right. You just need to visit the dentist who removed your molars and you need to go thro...  Read Full »

My tongue and lip are numb nine hours after a tooth was removed. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,I just removed one wisdom tooth on my right side. It has been nine hours and the half of my tongue, lip and teeth are numb. What should I do? Is this permanent?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query. The numbness you are feeling is because of transient mandibular nerve palsy which is the most common complication of the inferior alveolar nerve block. So, do not panic. It will be alright within 24 hours. You can put hot sand in a clot...  Read Full »

Is it safe for me to use anesthesia if I have sinus issues?
Query: Hello doctor,My question is whether or not it is safe for me to use anesthesia to fall asleep while having all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I am a quiet person and did not ask many questions during my consultation. I cannot breathe very easily through my nose because I have some sort of sinus is...  Read Full »
Dr. Sukhdev Garg
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have to worry at all. There will be people concerned by you. Having a sinus issue is not a contraindication for anesthesia. You can have sedation supplemented with local anesthetics. In case you need endotracheal intubation, that will be safer for you bec...  Read Full »

Is IV sedation the right type of anesthesia for wisdom tooth removal?
Query: Hello doctor,I am getting my wisdom teeth out and was told I will be under IV sedation, but I did not sign a consent to that, just anesthesia. So, I called and asked them about it. They said I will be asleep, but if they ask me to raise my hand, I will be able to do that. What on earth are they givi...  Read Full »
Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The type of sedation your dentist has recommended for you is "conscious sedation" in which you will be at minimal consciousness and not completely asleep. You could respond to verbal and physical stimuli. This type of sedation helps you re...  Read Full »

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?
Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your tooth pain. The first reason as per my opinion is the pressure created multiple periapical damages because of the third molar rather than the nerve of the next tooth root, as you have more than one...  Read Full »

What can I do for the swelling inside my cheek?
Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What treatment would you recommend for my impacted 38?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed to have mesioangular impacted 38. He recommends removal of that hidden wisdom tooth. He did cleaning and after that my pain has increased.  Initially, I had gum swelling, and it subsided in a few days. Now, I am having shooting pain. I have attached the scan of my pres...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the x-ray and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to get your 38 tooth extracted, and that is the only treatment. Do lukewarm saline mouth rinse for around three to four times a day. Consult a dental surgeon and get it remov...  Read Full »

I have pain and bad smell coming from a wisdom tooth extraction site. Is it dry socket?
Query: Hello doctor, I had two wisdom teeth removed a week ago, and I still have some pain in the lower left extraction site. If I touch near the extraction site with a finger and then smell my finger, there is definitely a bad smell. I have controlled this with using another finger to touch the same place...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. As per the symptoms and image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like the extraction site is not healing as it appears empty. Yes, it looks like a dry socket, but a clinical examination is a must. You should not wait ...  Read Full »

Will taking pain medicines during pregnancy affect the baby in any way?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. I am scheduled to get my wisdom tooth extracted in a few days. My obstetrician gave my dentist the approval to prescribe analgesics for pain. But, I am worried since I have not taken anything for the pain my entire pregnancy besides Tylenol for headach...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fear of congenital anomalies in the baby lasts till the 14th week of gestation, that is, till the organs are formed. Now that you are at the 30th week, where organs are well formed, Oxycodone may be used for pain-relief, for less than a week. It will not have any e...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Surgical Removal Of Wisdom Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away.