Sweating

Related Terms: Anxiety, Diabetes, Depression, Exercises, Ice Pack, Antibiotics, Stress, Pantoprazole

Excessive Sweating and Its Remedies
Article Overview: This article focuses on the causes and management of excessive sweating localized to certain areas of body.  Read Article »

Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one of the common disorders of sweat glands. It can trouble to the extent that one feels professional embarrassment while shaking hands and the individual usually avoids touching, which can lead to social seclusion or other symptoms of social anxiety disorders. ...  Read Article »

Are sweating, dilated pupil and muscle stiffness side effects of Venlafaxine?
Query: Hello doctor, Today my sister, who is 22 years old, started taking Venlafaxine 75 mg, but after a couple of hours she felt nauseated and started sweating and got red cheeks as well. Now I notice that her pupils are dilated, and she has severe muscle stiffness. She has cerebral palsy, sitting in a wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know about your sister's symptoms. The symptoms you mentioned is for Serotonin syndrome which causes palpitations, muscle stiffness, hyperthermia, sweating, hyperactivity, and confusion. The mechanism is serotonin excess in the brain. It is one of the possib...  Read Full »

What can I apply to my body to decrease sweating and look fresh?
Query: Hello doctor, I am sweating too much I guess. I am not sure if it is because of the heat here but I sweat. Pleae sugget me something which I can apply to my body. So it does not sweat much and I look fresh and I do not smell.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely because of weather only and body sweats in order to keep body temperature down. So naturally if you try to stay in cold environment as much as possible this will automatically reduce. However, for reducing perspiration, you should ask for Aluminum chlori...  Read Full »

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem, and I can understand your concern. Yes, these symptoms are due to alcohol withdrawal. As you have stopped drinking alcohol, you can have these symptoms along with other symptoms such as tremor, palpitations, anxiety, and other severe wi...  Read Full »

Can weight loss, sweating and palpitation be due to hyperthyroidism?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old male, weighing 67 kg, height 176 cm. Current symptoms are weight loss (lost about 5 kg in one month), feeling hot. Sweating, problems falling asleep, difficulty focusing on one task, forgetfulness, change in bowel habits (experiencing loose motion sometimes), palpita...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned and from the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have thyroiditis. Your results show that you have hyperthyroidism but not so bad but your scan results suggest thyroiditis which ...  Read Full »

Despite normal ECG, I have sweating and chest pain. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am having habit of drinking alcohol and using tobacco daily. Since last four months, I feel lightheaded and dizzy. Sometimes, I am having heavy sweating and chest pain. I had done ECG and it was found to be normal. Sometimes, I feel like blood in my saliva. I a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Though you are a smoker and alcoholic, a normal ECG does not rule out any cardiac issues. You should get the following tests done on priority: Treadmill test. Lipid profile. Sugar test. Thyroid profile. This is an important decision. If everythin...  Read Full »

What can cause weight gain, sweating and tiredness?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms of hypothyroidism and the reports too are suggesting the same. I recommend you to start tablet Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg every morning in empty stomach and repeat TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after two months. Revert back after two mo...  Read Full »

Why is there sweating with black spots in vision in a pregnant woman?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 weeks 5 days pregnant. Yesterday I started feeling hot, sweating and started getting black spots in my vision. Then I felt like I was gonna pass out. I was at work during this and went to sit down. I had water and I felt better. I have a slight lightheaded feeling today and I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting dizzy in a second trimester (after 20 weeks) of pregnancy is a normal phenomenon as pregnancy hormones especially Progesterone results in vasodilation of blood vessels and pooling of blood in lower limbs after prolonged standing or sitting. So do not worry abou...  Read Full »

I have problem of anxiety and sweating when I face a crowd. Please help me out.
Query: Hello doctor,I am 28 years old. I am suffering from social anxiety. Some years back, I joined as a lecturer. After some days, when I start teaching the students and if they do not understand what I am teaching, I feel profuse sweating in arms and face. So, I get very shy. I left the job now. I consi...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may indeed have a social anxiety disorder. You need to build up confidence in yourself. Start talking with yourself by looking at a mirror with eye to eye contact. Talk with a new person daily, just small talk like hi or hello. Start doing exercise daily. Go for ...  Read Full »

I am getting nervous and start sweating when I meet new people. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, While talking to people like in the office, with my boss or a new person I am getting nervous and start sweating. How to stop that nervousness and sweating? Because of this fear, I am avoiding official meetings and personally meet with people around me as well.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering with social phobia. This is a kind of anxiety disorder where the person feels difficult to engage in many of social activities and fears that he is judged by others. With regard to treatment, I like to assu...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sweating? We have medical experts to help you right away.