Swelling On Penis

Related Terms: Antifungal, Clotrimazole, Foreskin, Circumcision Of Penis, Fluconazole, Fungal Infection, Clobetasol

What can a painless swelling on the penis be?
Query: Hi doctor, I have problem with penis head and shaft. Meatus seems to be red and puffy and itches at times. Also the penis head seems to be very irritated. There is a ring puffed kind of swelling that goes around my shaft. It does not hurt but it came up around 3-5 weeks ago. Please help.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) there is ample evidence of balanitis (inflammation of prepuce) and urethritis (inflammation of urethra). Since both condition can be caused...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my meatal tear?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 year old. I did not have any physical relationship till date. My meatus got torn from bottom of around 1 mm three weeks back due to masturbating on bed in jean. The meatus was swollen and looked like lips. I felt continuous need to urinate every 10 minutes or so. The urine was al...  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First let me say that this is a minor issue and you need not worry. You have had a minor tear in meatus as per your description. It will heal definitely. It may take a couple of weeks still. You need not take any medicine or cream. In case it heals by scarring meatus beco...  Read Full »

I had circumcision before a month. Is it normal to have swelling around the tip of penis?
Query: Hello doctor, My circumcision surgery was done before a month. The swelling and surrounding area seem to improve until last month. In the mid of last month when I was cleaning the area, I noticed it starting to burn around the bottom swelling area. During those couple of days, I saw the swelling li...  Read Full »
Dr. Gajanan Bhat
General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Yes, it is reasonable to have this much swelling, which will resolve over time 2. Yes, it is usually expected to heal. 3. Yes, the burning sensation is due to irritation. 4. The appearance of tan following shower has nothing to do with healing. This is due to m...  Read Full »

I had circumcision two months ago and still has some swelling. Should I be concerned?
Query: Hello doctor, I had circumcision two months ago and still have swelling around my penis. I did a CBC and urine test last week, and all came back normal. The doctor last month said all the incision have healed. Will swelling last this long? How long will it take for the swelling to disappear? Should...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The healing looks fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The swelling is mostly an extra skin that is bunching up in a non-erect position. When you have an erection, it might be less prominent. If all excess skin were removed, sometimes there would be...  Read Full »

What is this mild swelling and discoloration on my penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have discoloration on my penis. I do not have any pain. It is just a dark red and seems like peeling. It has been there since two days and there is mild swelling in that area. I have got this for the first time. Please help.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from candidial balanitis. Take the following medications: Tablet Apo-Fluconazole (AF) 150, one tablet daily for 10 days. Apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) twice daily. Revert back after ten days to a dermatologist onlin...  Read Full »

I have swelling and pain in the penis after having sex for the first time. Is it normal?
Query: Hello doctor, After I had sex for the first time, there is a piece of skin on the side of the penis. Is it normal? It is very sensitive and uncomfortable. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the picture is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that it is normal. If there is any swelling or tenderness over that area, visit a doctor for help. If not, there is nothing to worry. For more information consult a sexolo...  Read Full »

Swelling on Head of Penis After Masturbation
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, unmarried and had no physical relationship yet. Earlier, I have got circumcision. Now swelling of penis head is present. The swelling is more prominent on the left side but difference can be seen on all sides. I believe this happened two weeks ago, but I notic...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer these questions, so that I can help you better. Do you masturbate a lot? If so, how many times in a week? Is it done by lying on bed and pressing your penis? Did you get fever since the swelling? Revert back with the information to an internal medicine ph...  Read Full »

I have black spots near my foreskin. What are they?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old man, who had swelling and burning on my penis two months back. That time, I applied an antifungal cream, so it became normal, but after a few days, it started again. I applied the same cream again, and the swelling and burning went away. But now, I feel that my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is getting normal with antifungal cream, then it means that it is a fungal infection. So, if you are getting it again and again, then you should start oral antifungal tablets. I suggest you try taking tablet Itraconazole 100 mg twice for seven days along with a...  Read Full »

I have a lump on penis and feel uncomfortable during sex. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump inside the foreskin near the penis head. It has been there for more than a year. It is painless. It does not hurt during sexual intercourse but feels uncomfortable during oral sex. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is dilated vein of the penis. The swelling is because there may be thrombosis (blood clot) inside the vein. Do not worry as it is not harmful at all. It should resolve. I suggest you...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain dur...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Swelling On Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away.