Symptoms Of Pharyngitis

Related Terms: Pharyngitis, Sinusitis, Post Nasal Drip, Sore Throat, Tonsillitis, Acid Reflux, Pantoprazole, Reflux Laryngitis

Pharyngitis - Signs, Symptoms, Treatment and Precautions
Article Overview: Winter is a known season for ear, nose and throat complaints. The possible causes include viral, bacterial and allergens. To be safe from such infections, one needs to know a brief background about the causes and how to avoid acquiring them. This article will help the reader to remain safe and follow steps to avoid future exposures.  Read Article »
Dr. Narendra

Pharynx is a thin mucosal membrane lined cavity, which lies behind the nose and mouth and together with them, it opens into the esophagus. Pharyngitis can be defined as an infection or irritation of the pharynx or tonsils. The etiology is usually infectious of which most cases are of viral origin cl ...  Read Article »

How to Get Rid of Throat Infection?
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the signs and symptoms of throat infection and its pharmacological and natural remedies.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Throat infection is referred as pharyngitis. It is characterized by irritation, pain, burning sensation, scratching feeling in the throat. It initiates with difficulties during swallowing. The most common cause for this is viral or bacterial infection. Sometimes this bacterium is self controlled. T ...  Read Article »

Is it normal for my epiglottis to appear yellowish and red-veined?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old female, 5 feet in height and weigh around 65 kg. For the past few days, I have been having swollen lymph nodes all over my neck, a severe sore throat and tonsils which I assumed was just tonsilitis as I have had it before. However, I have been experiencing constant h...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have severe pharyngitis with tonsillitis and epiglottitis. It could be a viral or bacterial epiglottitis. This usually resolves with antibiotics, but could also become very sever...  Read Full »

I got flu-like symptoms for two months in a row. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male, who weighs 175 lbs and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had flu-like symptoms last month, which lasted for about three days. And I just had flu-like symptoms again this month. It started three days back, and it is not as severe as the first time. First time I had a fev...  Read Full »
Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns. The symptoms you have mentioned are suggestive of pharyngitis (a sore throat) along with a common cold. You do not need to worry regarding this as it is highly curable and complications are rare. ...  Read Full »

I have tinnitus in ear. Is there anything I can do
Query: Hello doctor, I had an otitis media with effusion a year back. Meaning, a bit more than a year ago. My ears never cleared properly. If I move my jaw or even slightly yawn, I hear dramatic crackling sounds from my ears. They do not feel very blocked, and my hearing is fine. However, I do still have ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to eustachian tube block. Did you ever get tympanometry done? If yes can you send me reports, tympanometry is done to check middle ear pressure (which is not maintained in eustachian tube block). Eustachian tube block can be due to allergy or due to si...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for granular pharyngitis and tonsillitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with granular pharyngitis and tonsillitis, but I do not have any post-nasal drip or cold. I have pain while swallowing certain oily and spicy food. What should be the treatment? In the last three months, I have got tonsil infection a couple of times.  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Granular pharyngitis occurs because of chronic irritation to the pharynx. It is commonly seen in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis, smokers, and nowadays, one of the most common cause for granular pharyngitis is laryngopharyngeal reflux disorder. The usual symptoms ...  Read Full »

What to do if strep test is positive, but my symptoms are like viral?
Query: Hi doctor, During my travel I had a sore throat, 102 degree fever and back aches. I did not have a stuffy nose or congestion. I previously had bladder infection three weeks ago and the doctor whom I visited in that place prescribed me Levofloxacin. I think he was treating me for a kidney infection, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strep pharyngitis is usually graded by modified center criteria. I do not have all the elements to plug in the numbers. Classically, you should have fever, exudates on the tonsils and posterior pharynx, cervical lymph node enlargement and absence of cough. Your posi...  Read Full »

I have swollen tonsils with white spots. What is it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have symptoms of swollen tonsils with white spots and bumps on my throat. I went to the urgent care almost two weeks ago, and after running streptococcus and mononucleosis test, they told me that it was more likely viral tonsillitis. I am not experiencing much pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading your symptoms and looking at your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggesting of chronic pharyngitis with chronic tonsillitis. The whitish spots over your tonsils are the food particles that clogged within the tonsillar c...  Read Full »

I have repeated episodes of sore throat. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have been suffering from repeated episodes of a sore throat that includes nasal obstruction and pain in the throat. I was diagnosed by the treating doctor to have a DNS for left (on the basis of a CT scan) and now granular pharyngitis has been added. The f...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please share your CT scan reports here? If you have sinusitis, you will have a recurrent throat infection. Do you have symptoms of allergy like excessive sneezing, watering of eyes or itching of the throat? Do you have excessive acidity or do you smoke ...  Read Full »

What is the risk of throat cancer if I have quit smoking three months earlier?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female. I used to smoke one pack a day for 19 years, but quit cigarettes three months ago. 10 days ago, I had ear and throat pain on the left side. My lymph node was swollen only on the left side. I went to my GP who prescribed me Amoxicillin 1000 mg two times per day f...  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the photo you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is very clear that you do not have any lesions in the throat which cause a suspicion of malignancy (cancer) to arise. The reddish line you are looking at is nothing but the dil...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Symptoms Of Pharyngitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.