Synovial Joint

Can muscle weakness cause cracking or popping of spine?

Query: Hello doctor, When I squeeze my shoulder blades together, my spine always cracks or pops (like cracking your knuckles). I do this maybe 20 times a day. I think it is becoming a habit. It helps to loosen it up. What causes this? Do I have muscle weakness? It has been an ongoing pain for three years ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The sounds coming from the spine is called as snapping of joints. A synovial joint is a joint where two bony surfaces are enclosed in a capsule with synovial fluid enclosed in it. It is like sound coming from two wet surfaces placed together and now separated. It is a no...  Read Full »

Can Stress And Anxiety Cause Joint Problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male with no history of joint issues. Can stress and anxiety cause joints to pop? I was okay last month but this month it has been really stressful for me and I know my hands feel stiff and all my joints pop. When I raise my arms, one can hear the tendons stretching l...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Random clicking and popping joints is a common occurrence and as long as there is no associated pain or swelling, there is nothing to worry about at a young age such as yours. Excessive stress and anxiety can make your muscles taut. This can happen during periods o...  Read Full »

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Article Overview: This article discusses about the causes, pathology, clinical features, musculoskeletal manifestation, investigation and management of ankylosing spondylitis. Read Article »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Pain Medicine Physician

Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder of the spine characterized by pain and stiffness with a variable course. It mainly affects the joints of the spine and sacroiliac joint in the pelvis. As the severity increases, the joints start t ... Read Article »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Homeopathy

Article Overview: Rheumatoid arthritis is the disorder of joints. It mainly involves hands and feet, causing inflammation of these joints. Homeopathy has answers to this chronic autoimmune disease. Read Article »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? Many people have a misconception that rheumatoid arthritis is the same as osteoarthritis and hence they refer to both as 'arthritis.' But both are different. Osteoarthritis is inflammation of joints, a condition related to old age, which usually occurs after the 50's. ... Read Article »

Hip Joint Pain and Arthritis

Article Overview: This article gives a short description of hip joint pain due to arthritis. Read Article »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

The hip joint is one of the major weight-bearing joints in the body. It is subjected to repetitive high stresses during daily activities. Anatomy: The hip joint is formed by the upper end of the thigh bone (femur) which is ball-shaped and cup-like bone called acetabulum. The ball-shaped head of th ... Read Article »

Osteoarthritis, a Degenerative Joint Disorder

Article Overview: Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disorder mainly of geriatric age group which leads to disabling joint pain and limitation of ambulation. Many treatment modalities are available but a decision regarding that depends upon the age of patient and stage of the disorder Read Article »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Arthritis is a term which denotes inflammation of joint leading to pain, swelling and limitation of joint movement. Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disorder which mainly affects geriatric age group causing immense discomfort in the form of pain with limitation of ambulation. ... Read Article »

An Unusual Cause For Refractory Lateral Elbow Pain

Article Overview: This article stresses upon the need for clinical suspicion and adequate assessment in refractory patients, to provide early functional improvement and pain relief. Read Article »

Dr. Saseendar S

Tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis is a painful condition of the the elbow. It arises from repetitive stress of the extensor muscles and tendons during repetitive movements of the forearm and the wrist. Despite its name, this condition is more commonly associated with work related to repetitive ... Read Article »

Osteoarthritis and Its Management

Article Overview: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of joint disease affecting more than 200 million people worldwide. It is the leading cause of chronic disability. Read Article »

Dr. Mir Osman Ali

Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease in which there is decreased production of hyaline cartilage, protective cushion in the knee joint and also decreased production of lubricant called synovial fluid. As the cushion tissue between the bones the upper and the lower legs touch each other, it resul ... Read Article »

Knee Pain in Old Age - Osteoarthritis

Article Overview: Osteoarthritis is most common in elderly people. It is the commonest of all the conditions that affect the joints in particular. Here, I have discussed about OA in detail. Read Article »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic joint disorder in which there is progressive softening and disintegration of articular cartilage accompanied by new growth of bone at the joint margins and capsular fibrosis. Osteoarthritis may be asymmetrically or symmetrically distributed and often localized to onl ... Read Article »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.