T-wave Inversion

Related Terms: ECG, Coronary Artery Disease, Anxiety, Holter Monitor, Treadmill Test, Chest Pain, Gastritis

What could these nonspecific ST-T wave abnormalities on my ECG be?
Query: Hello doctor, I was in ER the other day with tachycardia that started about 20 to 30 minutes after eating. It nearly had the entire day and the next morning I went to the ER. They did some blood work and a chest X-ray and said I was okay and discharged me. The only abnormality on the blood tests was...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) First of all, your ECG (echocardiogram) looks normal to me. But the symptoms you are having may be due to some inherited arrhythmia syndrome or channelopathy. If your symptoms per...  Read Full »

Could radiation therapy cause T-wave inversion?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 65 year old, hypertensive and diabetic female with T-wave inversion V1 to V6 on ECG. ECHO and TMT have done to evaluate further, which was reported to be normal. The patient is on Metformin XR and Tazloc-H. The patient is asymptomatic. Six months back, ECG did not show t...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish N Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Global T-wave inversion carries a very little significance (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest repeating the ECG again in six months if the patient is asymptomatic. If otherwise, you can get a CT coronary angiography to rule out any CAD ...  Read Full »

What is the problem with ECG Report? Is it fine to take Concor tablets?
Query: Hi doctor, I want to explain my wife's situation and I need your help and assistance. When my wife was in the kitchen, suddenly she felt some pain and heat in the upper part of her stomach and felt all her body become hot. I took her to the hospital, in the emergency department her pressure was 110...  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First relax. There is nothing to worry about. I have gone through the detailed history and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached. I found cardiac markers are quite normal. Her 2D echo is normal. Her other blood investigatio...  Read Full »

What are the causes for continuous chest pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chest pain since last three years. About two weeks back, I felt uneasiness, shortness of breath and mild chest pain. The ECG was abnormal. I was admitted to the hospital and was on Lomo injections. They advised me for an angiography and the reports were normal. But...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Creatine phosphokinase-MB (CKP-MB) is an indicator of the cardiac event, but it is not very specific. There are a number of conditions in which CPK-MB could be raised apart from cardiac issues. Troponin I is a better indicator. Troponin I has very high sensitivity le...  Read Full »

What is the risk of avoiding or postponing angiography?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My height is 184 cm and weight is 97 kg. I have breathlessness on exertion. I get some pain in my throat while walking, but not always. I had a TMT test which was positive. I did TMT for 6.3 minutes and stopped due to breathlessness. The ECG showed ST depression o...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Will diastolic dysfunction lead to heart failure?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 46 year old male. My height is 184 cm and weight is 98 kg. I have been having balancing problems for over a year. It is some form of sensory ataxia. I also have compression in C4-C5 and C5-C6 cervical spine. I also have severe sleep apnea. I had some breathlessness and chest discom...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and keen observation. Yes, diastolic dysfunction can cause heart failure. But, we need to find out the reason here. Sleep apnea is one additive factor and need to treat it. Also, you need to...  Read Full »

I have asymptomatic AF and vascular dementia. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I have asymptomatic AF vascular dementia.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach your ECGs. Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »

ECG shows sinus arrhythmia and T-wave abnormality. Should I see a cardiologist?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 32 years old. I went through a medical fitness test for employment. While going through an ECG, it showed sinus arrhythmia and T wave abnormality (V4, V5, V6) and it has got me worried whether I am unwell. I do not feel anything wrong with me when I walk for 4 km three times a week. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG. There are nonsignificant changes and it is considered normal. Whatever is mentioned on the ECG is a machine-generated report and is frequently inaccurate. So, there is no need to worry or do an echo. Sinus arrhythmia is also a normal phe...  Read Full »

Could Omeprazole cause changes in ECG and increase the heart rate?
Query: Hi doctor, Please read my query and give me your best opinion. I am currently under a cardiologist due to fears that I have had a heart attack in the past and chronic chest discomfort. My cardiologist asked me to take a Holter monitor for 24-hours and the reports he gave me last week were normal. He...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety and panic are the first possibilities. Sudden onset of palpitations is a very unusual sign of heart attack. None of the investigation and symptoms are compatible with the heart attack. Although there are some ECG changes like Q waves, which can be present, are ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on T-wave Inversion? We have medical experts to help you right away.