Talking Therapy

Related Terms: Anxiety, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Depression, Behavior Therapy, Psychotherapy, Physiotherapy, Stress, Physical Therapy

How can anxiety causing breathlessness be controlled?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a best friend who suffers from anxiety and I saw her almost dying today because of a panic attack she had. All her life she thought she had a problem with her heart but she went to see a doctor and he said she is in perfect health. She starts shaking and cannot breathe and I am...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panic attacks related to anxiety can be a scary experience. But remember it is not a life-threatening experience. You can encourage your friend to seek professional support to manage her panic attacks and anxiety. She will need a complete assessment following which t...  Read Full »

How can I get over being sexually attracted to children?
Query: Hi doctor, When I see a child, whether in public or at home, I always imagine them naked. I look at them and start to visualize them in sexual situations. I want to keep looking at them, even though I know I should not. I am always watching naked kid images on the internet. I do not believe I actua...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the problem is very much distressing. This is a type of obsession called as sexual obsession. Also, we need to evaluate you whether you have symptoms of being a pedophile (sexually attracted to children). For treatment, you should go to your nearest psychiatrist ...  Read Full »

How can I quit Zoloft without getting withdrawal symptoms?
Query: Hi doctor, I am using 75 mg Zoloft for the past seven months for anxiety disorder. I have started with 25 mg and my doctor increased the dosage slowly for my panic attacks. But for the past two months, I do not have any strong panic attacks and when I have the small ones, I am capable of handling i...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Zoloft (Sertraline) is a good medication for anxiety disorder. You are on a low moderate dose of 75 mg once daily (dose range is 50 mg to 200 mg once daily). It is good that you are feeling better for the past two months. It is recommended to continue Sertraline for ...  Read Full »

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes. There is relation between low serotonin level and depression and anxiety. What is more important is how significant symptoms of these problem you have, how much are you distressed from these and whether they cause interference in your daily life (socio occupational de...  Read Full »

I am mentally disturbed due to family stress and studies pressure. Please help.
Query: Hello doctors,These days I get depressed a lot. I fear I am not worthy of anything. I want to study astrophysics and be a researcher but due to academic pressure, I get stressed. I am a good student and topper in my class but due to my parents' constant fights and arguments, I get disturbed mentally...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your difficult position due to stress in the family. Remember it is not your fault and it is common for young people to feel stressed and low in the mood when facing problems at home or outside. First, try to discuss your problems with either of your p...  Read Full »

I do not show my emotion at any time. Is that due to anxiety or social disorder?
Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have some form of social disorder. I do not have feelings like others. I do not feel empathy but can be empathetic on cue as I know the social cues. And I prefer to keep to myself. Can you please advise where I can be diagnosed? I have always thought it was anxiety as this...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the limited information you have provided, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion. It is possible you are describing some features of autism spectrum traits or Asperger syndrome which can manifest as social communication difficulties and anxiety. It is not unc...  Read Full »

Affirmative Sleep Talking
Article Overview: This article will provide you with information about a new type of therapy to deal with your kid if there are any behavioral problems.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Psychotherapist

Sleep talk therapy is a new type of remedy in which you talk with your kid while he/she is sleeping. This therapy is very useful for kids from the age of toddlers to 12 years. It helps build positiveness in your kid's behavior. Parents can opt for this therapy when they are worried about common chil ...  Read Article »

Why do I feel sad all the time?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel sad most of the time. I do not know why I am always like this. I am a 24 year old male, and I work as a network engineer.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you have provided about your problem are very brief. Although, if you have these problems for more than two weeks then you are probably suffering from a major depressive disorder. A major depressive disorder is a condition in which patients develop sadness l...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from any neurological disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering with the below symptoms which feels like a disorder. I have this disorder running in my family. A few of my paternal uncles also have them, but in a mild form. I had these symptoms since childhood, but it was very mild at that time. I had ignored th...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. All the symptoms you have mentioned are consistent with agoraphobia with anxiety. This is very likely to be a structural problem in your brain. All you need is proper practice and you can be normal within ...  Read Full »

Why do I keep talking to people in my mind?
Query: Hello doctor, I am taking 3 mg Risperdal for two years and 40 mg Fluoxetine from the last two weeks. Sometimes when I speak, I say one thing and mean something else. The sentence which I say is good, but I mean something lustful or violent inside. When people speak to me, I repeat or say along with...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there is clear evidence that you are dealing with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). The disorder is characterized by repeated thoughts, actions, or images without proper control of the ind...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Talking Therapy? We have medical experts to help you right away.