Teething

Related Terms: Hiv Testing, Hiv, Hiv Infection, Hiv Risk Factors, Elisa Test, Hiv Rna Pcr Test, Hiv Symptoms, Unprotected Sex

For fever, at what point do I need to take baby to ER?
Query: Hi doctor,My 10-months-old daughter got a fever. I have been rotating between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours or as I feel necessary based on her temperature. Yesterday I did not give her anything for a couple of hours, and the fever spiked to 103.6. I gave her Motrin, and it went back down to 100....  Read Full »
Dr. Bichitrovanu Sarkar
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many thanks for your query. Very often we put down these symptoms to teething, but this usually is a viral illness - a viral upper respiratory tract infection URTI. Teething by itself does not cause these symptoms, it is just that it is the same age that they start tee...  Read Full »

Can teething cause diarrhea?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 6 months old. For the past couple of days, he is suffering from diarrhea (watery stools and green type stools) five to seven times a day. His gums are also hard and red, may be teething. Currently he is on antibiotics, multivitamins and some medicines for diarrhea. I would b...  Read Full »
Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By reading your query, it is clear that the baby is suffering from diarrhea due to dentition only. I would advise you to stop antibiotics as it is not necessary to the baby now. Please give him homeopathic medicine Chamomilla 30c potency only two drops in little water ...  Read Full »

My son has swelling on face. Is that due to teething or allergy?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 17 months old. He has a swollen upper lip on the inside of his mouth. It is not pus filled, just swollen. Both cheeks are puffed up because of the swelling. The swelling started overnight. Also, he has a fever. One side of the molar came out. Is this because of teething or an al...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling of upper lip, puffiness of cheeks and sudden onset of fever suggest more like an allergic reaction (angioedema). I will be glad if I have the following information. Have you noted any breathing difficulty or noisy breathing and any skin rashes? Did this happen...  Read Full »

Is the baby chewing on his tongue due to teething?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 months old and started chewing on his tongue. Is this due to teething?  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teething usually starts about six months of age, but at this time kids try to pet objects more often in the mouth because that is the way they try to learn about objects. It is very natural. But if your child is continually biting on the tongue and not occasionally, it...  Read Full »

My 18 weeks old baby is becoming irritable, crying, and biting her hands. Could this be teething?
Query: Hello doctor,My 18 weeks old baby appears to have less interest in her bottles. She is only drinking approximately 20 to 24 ounces of milk instead of the recommended 30 to 35. She has become more irritable, crying, biting her hands and tethers. When I give her a bottle, she drinks a few ounces then ...  Read Full »
Dr. Laurent Hiffler
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feelings and preoccupations. I might have to ask you a few more questions but here are some attempts to give you a beginning of an answer. Well, I would be dishonest if I would send you the miracle answer. But let us try together. What was your little...  Read Full »

Homeopathy for Dentition in Children
Article Overview: In this article, I will be discussing the role of homeopathy during the dentition or teething process in a child.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

The first appearance of teeth varies from one baby to another. Most babies develop the first tooth between six to 12 months of age. Some babies may not have any teeth by 1 year of age which is completely normal. Usually, babies put their fingers and hands in their mouth at around three to four month ...  Read Article »

What are these orange and red lumps above the top teeth of my 10-month-old?
Query: Hello doctor, My 10-month-old baby is cutting her top tooth and there are orange and red lumps above where the tooth has started to come. What are these lumps? I have attached few pictures for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Paras Angrish
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As your child is 10 months old, the upper teeth should have been erupted by this time. But three to six months delay is normal and it looks like your child is putting teether in his mouth ...  Read Full »

My daughter is grinding her teeth badly. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 months old. I had given her a 5 mL dosage of Albendazole before a month. She was doing all fine. From the last week, she has a cold and cough. It is not bad and, whenever she has a cold, she recovers fast.  This time, she is grinding her teeth so bad. I was advised that...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for babies of this age group to exhibit this phenomenon, and it has nothing to do with Albendazole. It is because children at this age start to develop molar teeth, which is a little bit painful and irritating. So, do not worry. It is a time bound process an...  Read Full »

When should my daughter get a flu vaccine?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 and a half months old and weighs around 8 kg. Overall, she is fine as per the latest check-up. After six months of breastfeed, she was started on solid foods as per the following schedule: 8 to 9 AM - cerelac wheat, 12 to 1 PM - rice, dhal, vegetable, 4 to 5 PM - fruit j...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she does not take fruits, please do not force her. Try some dishes with other fruits like boiled and crushed apple, mashed musk melon, etc. The taste keeps changing. Hence, if she refuses anything you can retry again after two weeks. Wheat is to be given after complet...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a diet chart for my 6 months old daughter.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 6 months plus now. She has started with solid foods but because of being new mother I am mainly rely on books for her nutrition or diet. However I am looking for expert advice so that I can give her the best chart. Below I have explained her current routine. I am a workin...  Read Full »
Dr. Manidipa Dey
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet that you are following for your daughter is quite correct. Few things you have to keep in your mind while feeding your daughter. Dilute the fruit juices with an equal amount of boiled water at the early stage. Gradually increase the amount of fruit juice and at ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Teething? We have medical experts to help you right away.