Tension Type Headache

Related Terms: Headache, Migraine, Amitriptyline., Stress, Anxiety, Naproxen, Meditation

Is Amitriptyline better for tension-type headaches?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a mild balance problem while walking, a month and a half back. I did not have vomiting or nausea. I was put on Betahistine and B-Citam for 30 days, which cured 99 % of my balance problem. But, I felt dizzy the whole day. I also have a mild difficulty in swallowing, so I consulted a ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. While considering your symptoms in totality and reviewing diagnosis made by other doctors in the past, I feel a fair trial of low dose Amitriptyline should be given. Most of my patients with similar pre...  Read Full »

Can a migraine and a tension-type headache coexist?
Query: Hello doctor, In short, I have a baby who is now 9 months old. I have started having a visual aura (fortification spectrum) and migraine around two months ago. The aura was almost always on the left side of the vision and the headache (which was quite mild), was on the right side of my head, at the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like it is related to a subconscious anxiety and stress. It does not look like a migraine. However, the aura and the previous headache are classical of a migraine. A migraine and tension-type headache can co-exist. As your baby is 9 m...  Read Full »

My sister has a headache that does not subside with pain medications. Please help.
Query: Hello, My sister has headaches from the last six months. Earlier, it was random, but from the last two months, it is continuous. The MRI is normal and no medicines are working. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a migraine or tension type headache. Please revert with the following details: Are the headaches one-sided or on both sides?  Are the headaches pulsating in nature?  Is the frequency daily or intermittent?  Is it associated with nausea or vomiting? Reve...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling hand cramps and leg twitches after stopping Seroquel?
Query: Hi doctor, I was on 600 to 900 mg of Seroquel for at least 5 years. I contacted my psychiatrist about stopping the medication when I realized it had been prescribed for a condition that I do not have. My doctor was not open to this conversation and I unwisely decided to stop the medicine on my own...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. This is called as tension type headache and is a part of anxiety only. Stopping any antidepressant is usually a difficult task and is usually accompanied by one or other symptoms as withdrawal. It should be stopped once you have been doing well w...  Read Full »

I have recurrent headaches from the last nine years. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I have been having headaches for more than nine years now. I am an internet entrepreneur. So, I use computers a lot, though the usage has reduced significantly since I hired people to help me. However, it is important to note that my headaches started way before...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The headache you are experiencing is a chronic daily headache of chronic tension-type headache. This happens due to being overworked and overstressed in life. Wearing even the best quality glasses are not going to help you. This is because your headache is due to exh...  Read Full »

I am waking up automatically in the midnight. Is it due to my asthma problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a body pain in the back left of my body, and I have pain on the backside of the head. Nowadays, I am waking up automatically during midnight, and I have a feeling of having reduced breathing. I am an asthma patient. I am using Budamate 200 inhaler. Is this due to my asthma problem...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and your symptoms could be related to a tension-type headache. You can have a wrong posture. Waking up in midnight can happen due to asthma or a panic attack. For this reason, it is essential to do a pulmonary function test and a cervical s...  Read Full »

I have headache, dizziness and restricted neck movement. Please advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a severe headache, tenderness on the head, burning sensation on scalp, mild dizziness, and feeling the heaviness of head with restricted neck movement with pain. Currently, I am taking Levothyroxine 25 mcg for hypothyroidism.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to tension-type headaches or a cervical spine disorder (a bulging disc or a wrong posture). Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and perfo...  Read Full »

Why is there continuous headache?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has a persistent headache since last 15 days. It started with headache. Consulted various neurologist. Got MRI and CT done, all clear. He gave various medicines, even Noxdorm 250, but no response.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that his symptoms could be related to a tension-type headache. Coming to this point, I agree with the doctors prescription about Citalopram and Sibelium (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But these drugs may ...  Read Full »

I started having occasional pain in the back of my head. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, Occasionally, I have started to have pain in the back of my head (right side). What could be the possible reasons?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. A headache and is a common phenomenon could be due to a tension-type headache or a migraine. The second possibility is a pain on the head because of trauma, if there is any history. If the pain is severe and new onset an NCCT (non-contrast co...  Read Full »

Do you have any idea about the weird sensation in my head?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some weird sensation in my head for over two years. I am at a complete loss for what to do. I have seen a neurologist and talked to a few other medical specialists and none of them have any idea about my problem. It literally feels like there is something moving all around my bra...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully passed through your question and would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to tension type headache or a functional disorder. Your performed MRI is really reassuring that nothing serious is going on (attachment removed to protect patient identity)...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Tension Type Headache? We have medical experts to help you right away.