Testicular Sperm Extraction

Related Terms: Micro-tese, Non-obstructive Azoospermia, Obstructive Azoospermia, Male Infertility, Azoospermia, Frequent Urination, Inguinal Hernia

I have done TESE last year and it causes pain in testicle. Is this normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done TESE last year. During my normal movements like rising from a chair, it seems to cause pain in my testicle (just like when you touch a wound). This pain is shooting to the hip like a nagging pain. Is this normal? what can I do for this?  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain and discomfort are common after TESE (testicular sperm extraction). Any straining like rising from the chair will cause pain. I suggest you wear tight underwear so that testes does not hang loose. It will support and reduce pain. Your body will heal on its...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for germinal cell aplasia?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 34 years old. He has low testosterone levels. His semen analysis showed no sperm. No, inhibit B detected. He made a testes biopsy from both sides. The biopsy diagnosis was morphological change compatible with germinal cell aplasia. Microscopic description: Section show semin...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. From the information you have provided, conception naturally is not possible. Also, there is currently no treatment to correct his abnormalities. The testicular biopsy procedure would have only examined a very small area of the testis. By...  Read Full »

My husband has azoospermia. Please suggest what to do.
Query: Hi doctor,My husband is suffering from azoospermia. I do not know what to do. I do not know any good infertility center and specialized doctor. I want a biological child only. Please suggest what to do. How can I come to know whether it is obstructive or non-obstructive? Please reply. He has hard pi...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any report of your husband? Smoking, cocaine and other recreational drugs and few other medicines like anti-cancerous can affect male fertility. It is better to quit all recreational drugs. If he has been treated for any disease better to have full assessment a...  Read Full »

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?
Article Overview: Even men without sperms in semen can father their child using recent technologies like Micro-TESE performed by an andrologist.  Read Article »
Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni
Andrologist

About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a couple present to an ...  Read Article »

They could not find a single sperm in my testes. Should I look for a sperm donor?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. Today, I had a surgical sperm retrieval procedure at a reputable fertility clinic here. They could not find a single sperm anywhere, motile or otherwise, in my testes, and they said I simply was not producing sperm, for reasons unknown. Before my wife and I give ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Were your serum gonadotropin levels measured during the evaluation? What was the exact procedure performed? The chances of sperms appearing naturally in semen is next t...  Read Full »

I have dull pain in my testicle. Can it be blue balls?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a dull pain in my testicle for the past three weeks. It is not very severe. I can ignore it. I have performed a TESE. I noticed no lump and no swelling. The testicles are normal to see. I am worried that it could be something serious. Can it be blue balls?  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in testicles can occur due to multiple reasons. Since it is mild, it could be due to prostate swelling, a urinary stone or dilated testicular veins. These can be ruled out by examination and ultrasound. Since no lump is palpable and there is no change in testicular...  Read Full »

Testicular Pain
Article Overview: Testes or testicles are male reproductive glands which produce sperm and the hormone testosterone. Males have two testicles within the scrotum, which is the extension of the abdominal wall.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha
Sexologist

Testicle Anatomy Testes or testicles are male reproductive glands which produce sperm and the hormone testosterone. Males have two testicles within the scrotum, which is the extension of the abdominal wall. The testes are covered by a membrane called tunica albuginea, and the insides are made of fi ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Testicular Sperm Extraction? We have medical experts to help you right away.