Thyroid Dysfunction

Related Terms: Thyroid Problem, Anxiety, Thyroid, Tsh Level, Hypothyroidism, Poor Erection, Thyroid Function Test

I keep switching between under and overactive thyroid functions. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 year old male. I had a hyperthyroid since the last five years and was taking Carbimazole 5 mg thrice a day for the last two and a half years. Then, last month, I got my complete physical test done, and I got to know that my hyperthyroid had shifted to hypothyroid. So, the do...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your thyroid dysfunction and saw your reports in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you were diagnosed with hyperthyroidism initially and were treated accordingly. The problem occurred when you had a sl...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me what to do for erectile dysfunction.
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Kindly tell me what to do.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The causes of erectile dysfunction are many including medical conditions such as hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, diabetes, local genital pathology, low sex hormones, etc., and it can be psychological also. So get the investigation done to rule out medical conditions....  Read Full »

Kindly prescribe Sildenafil dose for erectile dysfunction in a diabetic patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 54 years male, having erectile dysfunction and diabetic for the last three years with HbA1c value 8. Can you please prescribe the dose of Sildenafil?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erectile dysfunction can be due to many conditions including psychological and underlying like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, atherosclerotic disease and some medicine such as antipsychotic, some antihypertensives. So you need to be evaluated to find the c...  Read Full »

My TSH - 5.96, free T3 - 2.49, free T4 - 0.76, Age 33.Do I need thyroid medicine?
Query: Hello Doctor, Free TSH 5.96, freeT3 2.49, freeT4 0.76. Age 33 years. Symptoms - weight gain, depression, late periods since second delivery and 2 years back. Do I need thyroid medicine?  Read Full »
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know when was this thyroid test done? This seems to be a very mild thyroid dysfunction. Does anyone in your family have thyroid problem? I would recommend you to consult an endocrinologist online to go for some more testing (like thyroid antibodies and r...  Read Full »

How to confirm the reason for my abortion?
Query: Hi doctor, I had some hormonal imbalance problem. I had my last periods two months back. I became pregnant and took an hCG test. It was 121 and I took viability scan at 7.6 weeks. The heart rate was 92 bpm, which is less compared to one week. So, doctor suggested me to repeat a scan after two weeks....  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ovarian reserve appears to be good. Recurrent abortion needs evaluation for the following. Parental karyotype abnormality, uterine abnormalities, antiphospholipid syndrome, immunologic dysfunction, thyroid dysfunction, diabetes mellitus, polycystic ovary ...  Read Full »

I have lightheadedness and nausea. Will MRA test help?
Query: Hello doctor, Extreme lightheadedness (not vertigo), sometimes a feeling of nausea, and feeling like I am going to black out any second. These symptoms hit me in very intense 20 to 30 seconds waves and then go away. I get these episodes about 7 to 10 times a day and they completely stop me in my tr...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that considering your performed cardiac tests, many disorders have been excluded (an inner ear disorder, epilepsy seizures, a cardiac disorder, thyroid dysfunction, etc.). Coming to this point, I would recommend perfor...  Read Full »

Thyroid level is normal but, thyroglobulin antibody level is high. What does that indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, I had depression symptoms. When I checked thyroid, it was normal. but when I checked my thyroid antibody the result shows thyroglobulin antibody (ATG), serum: 32.77 IU/mL.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have antithyroglobulin antibodies. The presence of antibodies only suggests that you may develop thyroid dysfunction in the future but as of now your thyroid gland is functioning well. I w...  Read Full »

I have loss of sexual energy and stamina. Do I need medications?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently facing the problem of total loss in sexual energy and stamina. The body feels very tired and energy-less. Do I have to take some medicine for it? I have been watching lots of porn for years now but have stopped it. There is no stamina left. Is this something serious or I...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need treatment for this but before that, you need to be evaluated by a doctor to find the cause of it. As medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction and psychological conditions such as depression and anxiety can cause such sympt...  Read Full »

Can you please explain my blood report?
Query: Hi doctor, I just got my blood work done and would like to know exactly what these results mean. Also, I do want to mention that I am a heavy drinker. The report says that RBC is low at 3.19, MCV is high at 116, MCH is high at 39.2, RDW is high at 16.5, platelets are low at 141, calcium is low at 8....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have large RBCs (red blood cells) indicated as elevated MCV (mean corpuscular volume), MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglobin) and RDW (red blood cell distribution width). This could be either due to alcohol intake or thyroid dysfunction or folic acid or vitamin B12 def...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe hair loss for the past two months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I have had beautiful long red hair my whole life. Recently for the past two months, I have had severe hair fall and it is now extremely thin and continuing to fall out. Nobody has answers for me.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See it can have many reasons like genetic cause, nutritional deficit, and some underlying disease. You should ask your physician about thyroid function test and perform it after discussing it. Because severe hair fall can be due to thyroid dys...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Thyroid Dysfunction? We have medical experts to help you right away.