Tinnitus

Related Terms: Ringing In Ears, Hearing Loss, Pure Tone Audiometry, Tinnitus Maskers, Tympanometry, Audiometry, Headache

Tinnitus - ringing sounds in the ears
Article Overview: Tinnitus is the presence of noise/ sound in the ear. It can occur due to diseases in the ear or any systemic diseases like high blood pressure. The management involves a thorough hearing testing and further treatment based on the cause.  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Tinnitus is ringing sounds in the ears. The person experiencing it may describe it as roaring, humming or a hissing sound in the ears. This kind of noise can be very annoying and disturbing to the one facing this problem. Sometimes it may be so severe, as to disturb sleep of a person. Causes of Tin ...  Read Article »

Tinnitus - a Cause for Concern
Article Overview: This article gives a brief overview of tinnitus, the various risk factors, the diagnostic tools available and the basic plan of management.  Read Article »
Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai
Audiologist

Tinnitus is a very common symptom encountered in day-to-day life. A person often describes it as a 'ringing sensation' in the ears or may perceive it as hissing, clicking, whistling, rustling sounds, in the absence of external sounds. It may be intermittent or continuous and is present in one or bot ...  Read Article »

Tinnitus worsening mom's anxiety. What might help her?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother is in a care home and is experiencing very loud tinnitus. She is becoming very stressed and anxious as this has been going on for months. We have asked her GP to help but it does not seem that anything can be done. She has had her ears cleared but this has not helped either. S...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does she have any ear discharge too? What medicines has she been taking for hypertension? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

My tinnitus has worsened. What is my chance of recovery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion. I got tinnitus from loud noise three weeks ago. Most of the time the noise is constant 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Yesterday morning I experienced my best day as the noise seemed to reduce to a 2. However, it went back up to a 3 and 4 again yesterd...  Read Full »
Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of tinnitus is usually idiopathic. Every normal person can hear that sound many times in their lives. It goes away as suddenly as it had started. There is no reason for worrying as you have no hearing loss. So relax, do not worry as these kinds of tinnitus...  Read Full »

Will tinnitus go away on its own?
Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I developed tinnitus which is not yet corrected. At that time, I had water trapped in my right ear but now my ear blockage problem is resolved but my tinnitus problem is not resolved. After this, I went to an ENT and he told me I have a swelling in my left ear. Now he ...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, do not worry and do not go to some conclusion after an internet search. Now coming to your problem, Tinnitus is not a disease in itself but a mere symptom that is associated with varying number of diseases. By definition, it is a sound perceived for mo...  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?
Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »

What is Tinnitus?
Article Overview: This article discusses the various reasons for tinnitus.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Tinnitus is a false perception of sound by a person as ringing, buzzing, roaring or hissing sounds in the absence of actual sound.   Causes :  Various conditions giving rise to tinnitus are: Trauma to ear.  Noise exposure (sudden exposure to loud sound or ...  Read Article »

I have tinnitus in ear. Is there anything I can do
Query: Hello doctor, I had an otitis media with effusion a year back. Meaning, a bit more than a year ago. My ears never cleared properly. If I move my jaw or even slightly yawn, I hear dramatic crackling sounds from my ears. They do not feel very blocked, and my hearing is fine. However, I do still have ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to eustachian tube block. Did you ever get tympanometry done? If yes can you send me reports, tympanometry is done to check middle ear pressure (which is not maintained in eustachian tube block). Eustachian tube block can be due to allergy or due to si...  Read Full »

I have tinnitus and sleep problems. What medicines will help me?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66 year old healthy male. I have tinnitus since two years. MRI is normal except for age-related gray area. But of late, any outside sound like flushing toilet increases the volume of tinnitus. Left ear 6/10 and right ear 4/10. The sound is the insect cricket sound. Moreover, si...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your problem: Do you have any hearing impairment from any ear? Is there any watery/pus/other kind of discharge from any ear? Is there any feeling of fullness in any ear? or headache? Regarding sleep disturbance: What...  Read Full »

I have tinnitus after being exposed to loud noise. Will it ever go away?
Query: Hi doctor,I have tinnitus after being exposed to loud gun shots, as well as a firework being set off only a few feets away from me. The ringing is only in the right ear. It is the fourth day now that it has been going on. I cut steel for a living, and I do wear earplugs at work. But, the additional ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since it is due to recent exposure to loud sounds, there is a good chance that the tinnitus will resolve. You might have to take some steroid tablets or injections inside the ear to relieve any inflammation around the nerve. Also, it becomes pertinent that you get...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Tinnitus? We have medical experts to help you right away.