Tolterodine

Related Terms: Tamsulosin., Frequent Urination, Burning Sensation During Urination, Pain While Urinating, Urine Analysis, Usg Kub, Holding Urine

Can you suggest a medicine to prevent urination at night during travel?
Query: Hi doctor, I am going to have a long journey. Can I take a salt tablet to prevent urination during the night? If so, please suggest any tablet.  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why do you want to hold urine? Do you travel frequently? I suggest tablet Tolterodine 4 mg at the start of the travel and tablet or nasal spray Minirin (Desmopressin). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. Still, I would like to kn...  Read Full »

I am urinating less in the morning when compared to later hours. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I have urination problem for the last six months. There is no urine build up in the morning hours. I am voiding only a small quantity of deep yellow colored concentrated urine with no pressure in the morning. After 2 hours of taking tea and water, I urinate fre...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of your symptoms are normal. If bothered by frequent urination during sleep, then I suggest tablet Tolterodine 2 mg and tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg before going to bed for 14 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent....  Read Full »

Can frequent masturbation cause problems while urinating?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »
Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?
Query: Hello doctor, Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor to...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report. I suggest y...  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E.coli bacteria. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it re...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario. I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »

Can recurrent UTI be caused by holding urine in for long?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I did a urine test today, there is no UTI or any infection, but the RBC count was 0 to 1. I did a test six weeks back, which showed the RBC count to be 4 to 6. I still feel there is a block to the urine flow, and I have to go every 15 minutes or every one hou...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have very frequent urination and poor flow with recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). I would like to know the following. Do you have constipation or numbness of the sole? How frequently do you get up at night? Has any catheter been put ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?
Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the report he has a decreased renal function with increased serum creatinine levels as well as urinary infection seen as increased pus cells. Whenever the culture ...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »

I am worried about my prostate enlargement. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, The sudden increase in the size of my prostate from 75 g to 100 g in a year worries me. Three biopsy test results taken before six years were negative. The PSA level stabilized, and free PSA ratio was satisfactory. Please see the enclosed results. My problem is frequent urination.  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have undergone extensive prostate biopsy under general anesthesia, and the PSA level (prostate-specific antigen) is not very different from now. The rate of increase of PSA is also fine, and for a large prostate, PSA is on the higher side due to volume. The pe...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Tolterodine? We have medical experts to help you right away.