Tooth Decay

Related Terms: Root Canal Treatment, Tooth Cavity, Dental Fillings, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Toothache, Dental Scaling, Infected Tooth

Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil
Article Overview: This article discusses the benefits of coconut oil against dental caries and halitosis.  Read Article »
Dr. Nayansi Jha
Dentist

Dental caries or tooth decay is a very common problem for adults and children these days. Our food habits are such that they include a wide variety of junk food and super-rich carbohydrates. Coconut oil has been in use since ancient times for a wide variety of reasons, primarily for good hair growt ...  Read Article »

How can we prevent tooth decay and say about the toxic things we touch everyday?
Query: Hi doctor, How can we prevent tooth decay? Please explain about the toxic things that we use every day and say a few words regarding healing tonics.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow these steps to prevent tooth decay. Brush your teeth twice a day. Floss your teeth after each meal. Avoid eating sugary foods. Avoid having a tartar build up in the teeth. Avoid using artificial teeth whiteners. Take a vitamin-rich diet. The toxic things that we...  Read Full »

Kindly advise a home remedy for tooth decay during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I have acid erosion or decay in the back of my bottom front teeth. They are chipping at the gumline. I have a past history of bulimia and although after years I have finally recovered. Long ago, I have had decay in the back row. What is a good home remedy for now that I can use? I am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. I will recommend you to brush your teeth twice daily after breakfast and before going to bed. You can visit a dentist but keep in mind do not go for any X-ray but there is no problem with filling (dental ...  Read Full »

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?
Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cavities or tooth decay is chronic infections that spread further at a slow rate in most cases. The other thing to consider is any pain or associated symptoms with the cavities, which are indicative of active acute infection that has already spread deeper. So, if the cavi...  Read Full »

How to find out if I have caries under my tooth restoration?
Query: Hello doctor,I have three first molars that have been filled with amalgam three years ago. I need to know how can I find out if one of them has caries under the restoration because one more first molar was also restored by amalgam, and three years later, I was experiencing some pain. When the doctor...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes, there are possibilities of caries (tooth decay) underneath amalgam restorations. Please check the panoramic radiograph and see if there are any dark patches below the amalgam fillings in the teeth. It would be best if you could send a photograph of your recent pan...  Read Full »

I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth and the top of my tooth. I do not have any other symptoms. The only medication I am taking is a multivitamin. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the explanation, it looks like a tooth decay but does not look deep. So my suggestion is to consult a dentist and get evaluated and if the decay is superficial then filling of the tooth with a tooth-colored filling material will prevent further decaying....  Read Full »

What is the treatment for black tooth decay?
Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are black. It looks like it is in the starting stage of tooth decay. I do not want to lose any teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Black spots on the teeth are indicative of initial stages of teeth decay. But you need not worry since this stage is repairable. There are no chances of losing your teeth at this stage. For healthier teeth and to prevent tooth decay try to follow these suggestions: ...  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dental varnish contains fluoride which is anticarious and hence prevents the progression of tooth decay. Pit caries are very minute and very minimal cavities that are superficially present on the teeth. Pit caries does not require fillings because to do the filling,...  Read Full »

I have an infected tooth with pus. What do I do?
Query: Hello doctor,I have severe pain in my lower tooth on the right side. It never stops until I take a painkiller. Also, the effect of the painkillers I take only last a few hours. I guess I have an infected tooth, as there is pus. Now the right side of my jaw and the area under it started hurting. I am...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With all the signs and symptoms you experience, it is definitely an infected tooth. It seems like a deep tooth decay. Painkillers and antibiotics do help for a toothache with infection. As you said, it is the nature of the painkillers to last only for few hours and that...  Read Full »

Why are there gray spots between the teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is having a strong toothache. I looked into her tooth and found something gray in between two of her upper teeth. It looks awful and I do not know what it can be.  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the pain is appearing to be due to tooth decay. Consult a dentist and get examined, also get an X-ray done. If the decay is not reaching the nerves then a filling is sufficient. If the dec...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Tooth Decay? We have medical experts to help you right away.