Tooth Eruption

Related Terms: Wisdom Teeth, Permanent Teeth, Milk Teeth, Wisdom Tooth Extraction, Salt Water Gargling, Toothache, Impacted Tooth

Severe pain due to wisdom tooth eruption. How to manage the pain till I visit my dentist?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having major pain in the back bottom right side of my mouth where my wisdom tooth is pushing in. I can see the wisdom tooth. What can I do for pain since the earliest my dentist can see me is in a week?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. You need to use Hydrogen peroxidase 3% mouth wash. Make sure the concentration must not be more than that. You can also use antibiotics only after consulting your dentist. You can also provide further det...  Read Full »

Please explain the problems we face during wisdom tooth eruption.
Query: Hi doctor, My wisdom tooth present in the lower left region is growing. I have a sufficient space for it to grow, and it is growing straight. I do not have pain in the tooth and half of the tooth is poking out now. But I have trouble in opening my mouth fully.  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. An eruption of wisdom tooth cause difficulty in opening the mouth, fever, swelling in gums, pain and neck swellings. You do not need to worry. Restricted mouth opening will get relieved after a few days. Still, to get relief, you can take ...  Read Full »

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?
Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand this pain. It is like erupting pressure pain caused at every 2 to 3 months interval. Since you are done with Advil (Ibuprofen) and it is not going away. Please start taking the following antibiotic regime as soon as possible. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin...  Read Full »

How can we manage the pain during wisdom teeth eruption?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My wisdom teeth are erupting. I have pain in my back of the mouth on my gums. How long does it take for them to come out finally? And how can I deal with this pain? I was awake for three nights. It is keeping me awake at night. It is causing a lot of pain. Last time, I...  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. The time taken for the eruption of the wisdom tooth is not guaranteed. A clinical examination with an OPG X-ray is required to check the status and position of teeth. If it is found with enough space and aligned correctly, it will come ou...  Read Full »

Why are there pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to go to your dentist and get an X-ray done to find out whether the tooth needs to be removed. Wisdom tooth always causes such problems due to lack of space causing infection due to food debris accumulating at the pockets of the gums there. Use warm salt wat...  Read Full »

What is causing my tooth pain - cavity, broken tooth or wisdom tooth eruption?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having tooth pain, and I am not sure what the cause is. I do have a cavity on the top row beside my front tooth, but would that affect my bottom teeth too? The pain feels like a dull pressure, so maybe it is the wisdom teeth? I am 18, so I suppose it is possible, but I do not hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth look fine in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but I suggest you get an appointment with a dentist and get to know what is causing you the pain. Is it the wisdom tooth or the broken tooth or any other tooth having a cavity or is it...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from discomfort caused due to wisdom tooth eruption?
Query: Hello doctor, I am getting wisdom teeth at the back of my mouth. Now I am 22. But I am teething and it feels uncomfortable. What to do to get relief from it?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom tooth eruption will occur periodically. You will feel pain and pressure in months. For relief, you may take tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. Put oral gel Clinica (Chlorhexidine with Metronidazole) three to four times a day for a week in that particu...  Read Full »

Other than extraction, how to manage swelling caused by erupting wisdom tooth?
Query: Hi doctor,I have an inflamed gum at end of the jaw and showed to different dentists. They said it is the wisdom tooth coming out in the wrong position so it has to be extracted. I am not comfortable with extraction. Is there any other solution to reduce the swelling?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom teeth or third molars are usually the last ones to erupt. During the eruption time, there are some inflammation and redness in gum pad known as pericoronitis. If the orientation of the tooth is not in a proper path, the dentist decides to extract it. This is a...  Read Full »

Why do I get swollen gums at the back of my last tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I got a swollen gum at the back of my last tooth on my left side. It feels like a new teeth is coming up and the pain sometimes extends to ear also. I can remember that I got this pain few years back on my right side and it went away by itself. What should I do now? What is the reason...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It must be wisdom tooth eruption happening. As the tooth makes its place to come out, you are getting pain. Tooth breaks open through the gums, so there is swelling in the gum. Do lukewarm saline mouth rinse three to four times daily. If the pain is unbearable then take ...  Read Full »

When Will My Child's First Tooth Erupt?
Article Overview: This article helps you check the milk teeth and permanent teeth eruption sequence in your child  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

How Many Teeth are Present Totally? Milk teeth: There are 20 teeth present in the deciduous/primary dentition i.e, 10 in the upper jaw and 10 in the lower jaw. Permanent teeth: There are 32 teeth present in the permanent dentition i.e, 16 in the upper jaw and 16 in the lower jaw. Did You Kno ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Tooth Eruption? We have medical experts to help you right away.