Toothache

Related Terms: Root Canal Treatment, Tooth Decay, Tooth Extraction, Infected Tooth, Wisdom Teeth, Iopa, Dental Scaling

A sudden toothache started last night.What could have caused this?
Query: Hello doctor, A sudden toothache started last night in the front left tooth. It is really painful this morning. The pain is constant. I have attached a picture of the affected tooth. What could have caused this?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, I have gone through the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tooth is nonvital (dead) and therefore it is discolored. This usually happens if you had got your tooth injured in any accident, months or years ago. Even slight injuries to the tooth long before,...  Read Full »

How can I relieve toothache due to dislodged filling in an incomplete root canal treated tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have toothache. I have an unfinished root canal for about eight months, temporary filling has also fallen out. Now I am with severe pain. Unable to drink, eat, etc. What should I do to relieve the pain? OTC is not working.  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. You said it is an eight months old treated tooth and also with incomplete root canal treatment. With this, I suspect that the tooth is severely infected and you might need to take a course of antibiotics along...  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dental varnish contains fluoride which is anticarious and hence prevents the progression of tooth decay. Pit caries are very minute and very minimal cavities that are superficially present on the teeth. Pit caries does not require fillings because to do the filling,...  Read Full »

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will he...  Read Full »

Had painkillers for toothache and feeling bloated stomach. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domp...  Read Full »

Will smoking cause toothache?
Query: Hello doctor,I have tooth ache. When I consulted a doctor, he suggested for OPG. I have stopped smoking a month ago. I am little bit scary whether this tooth problem is because of smoking. Please suggest whether I have to undergo any more tests. I could see lymph nodes below neck as well. My dentist...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have an infected cavity in your tooth, which is causing swelling of lymph nodes too. Kindly start taking antibiotics and painkillers and contact your dentist to do root canal treatment for it or extract it. It would be better if you could post the OPG...  Read Full »

Why is there a swelling with toothache?
Query: Hello doctor, For a few days, I have had a bad toothache. I noticed swelling and begun taking antibiotics. I woke up today and the pain is gone but it is even more swollen. I have been using cold and heat compresses, as well as salt water rinse. I am worried I may have developed an abscess but I do...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Understanding your situation, I am prescribing you a proper antibiotic regime that will help in diminishing abscess and infection. Take Augmentin 625 mg twice a day, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg twice a day, tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day. Take all these medicines for th...  Read Full »

I am having severe toothache with swollen face even after taking antibiotic. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My tooth started hurting about a month and a half ago, just one night of hurting badly. Then went away. About weeks later started hurting again but nothing too bad. I just dealt with it. Now, again I have severe pain. I went to ER, said it was abscessed tooth and gave me Amoxicillin. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. I think you are having an acute periapical infection with involvement of buccal and mandibular space infection. If the swelling is increasing and there is burning pain you may need another antibiotic w...  Read Full »

What is the fastest way to cure toothache at home?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a severe toothache. I have tried clove on it but that only takes the pain away for 2 to 3 minutes and my tooth is rotted and another tooth is growing out of it. What is the fastest way to cure it at home now? Also, do you think they can put me to sleep and then take the decayed...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Home remedies will not give long-lasting relief from pain, therefore you should consult a dentist and get evaluated. A combination of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen can help in reducing infection and also relieve pain. The tooth can be remo...  Read Full »

What is the treatment advised for toothache?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having an oral problem, most specifically teeth for over 10 years. I have faded gums, beneath my lower pre-molars, incisors and canines are yellow. I have two severe curved molars on my lower jaws which have lasted for 10 years. I resorted to removing but I was advised not...  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry too much about the color of the teeth. The color varies in each individual from bright white to pale yellow. There are many shades of teeth that can occur due to varied reasons. As long as the teeth and gums are healthy, nothing much to worry about the color....  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Toothache? We have medical experts to help you right away.