Transrectal Ultrasound

Related Terms: Metastasis, Prostate Enlargement, Prostate Tumour, Prostatectomy, Prostatitis, Carcinoma, Kidney Stones

Recently Answered Questions

I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. Do I need MRI with contrast?
Query: Hello doctor, My doctor recommended I get an MRI of the prostate and kidney. I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. We suspect it is a result of prostate laser surgery several years ago, but the doctor wants to rule out other sources of bleeding. I am okay with MRI's but will not agree t...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail
General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Prostate MRI is one of the best noninvasive techniques to asses any condition of the prostate. Gadolinium is a contrast material used for better delineation of any suspected lesions. The chances of adverse effects are higher in people who have a kidney condition. Howeve...  Read Full »
My PSA level is high. Should I get a biopsy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 62 years old. I have severe pain while urinating and having frequent urination at night. My PSA 62.32, prostate 78 g, RUV 142 mL. Should I get a biopsy?  Read Full »
Dr. Aman Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I hope your doctor has examined you physically. If there is a doubt of any tumor on prostate examination, then a biopsy should be done. If there is any history of a recent proven urinary tract infection in the last few days, then PSA (prostate-specific antigen) may be fal...  Read Full »
I have been diagnosed with overactive bladder. Is that right?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with overactive bladder and bladder pain. My doctor prescribed me Lioresal. Is the diagnosis correct and can I try with Lioresal? I am afraid of side effects and full urine retention. This is my last medical report showing on palpation, the prostate was not suspicious. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your query and would like to know a few more details about your symptoms. 1. Is your predominant complaint that of increased frequency or weak urinary stream? 2. Do you have any discomfort in the region between your scrotum and anal opening? From ...  Read Full »
There is high PSA level but no symptoms. Is biopsy really necessary?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband needs help. He is a 68-year-old male with a high PSA level of 8.65. It has gone from 5.3 to 8.65 in a year. Now, let me give you the facts. We believe at his age, he might have an enlarged prostate, but none of the two doctors he has seen in the past one year has told him s...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to I have gone through your query and would like to know the size of his prostate on the ultrasound scan. An increase from 5.3 to 8 in a year is significant and so is a nodule in the prostate. A free PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test can give an idea of the possibi...  Read Full »
Prostate Cancer, a nightmare
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail, the symptoms, the investigations and the methods of treatment of prostate cancer.  Read Article »
Dr. Ahmed Elhaged
Medical Oncologist

Prostate is a gland within men's body structure which is important for the vital activity of sperms. Prostate can be a nightmare over the age of 50 years, as this gland can become a deadly cancerous organ that will lead to death. Researches indicate that prostate cancer is genetically inherited, a ...  Read Article »
Why do I feel like urinating immediately after I pass urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old, active male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 175 lbs. Previously, I had Zoloft for anxiety. Now, I am just doing exercise, eating healthy food and vitamins. I have been diagnosed with prostatitis a few times in the past few months. I was also diagnosed with this roug...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your history and treatment details. You definitely had on and off history of prostatitis in the past and now you are taking Bactrim (combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) since 3 to 4 weeks. I have some questions for you. How is your urine ...  Read Full »
My urine has a lot of bubbles, it is smelly and yellow in color. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from UTI from last six months. All my tests are normal, but the symptoms are not going away.  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You should have uploaded the last urine routine examination and culture reports. Do you have any medical comorbidity like diabetes? If UTI (urinary tract infection) is there for so long, it should be investigated thoroughly. So, get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and ...  Read Full »
Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?
Article Overview: Even men without sperms in semen can father their child using recent technologies like Micro-TESE performed by an andrologist.  Read Article »
Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a couple present to an ...  Read Article »
CECT abdomen and lungs was taken after six cycles of chemotherapy. Kindly explain it.
Query: Hi doctor, My father is 62 years old. I have attached his CECT of thorax, abdomen, and pelvis. It is taken after six cycles of chemotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin. He is diagnosed with carcinoma of unknown primary with left lung metastasis.  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scans look quite reassuring. There is nodular enhancement involving the left diaphragmatic pleura with minimal pleural effusion. Background fibrotic changes are seen in the bilatera...  Read Full »
I have discomfort and pain during ejaculation. Could it be due to prostatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a discomfort and mild pain during ejaculation. I was diagnosed as having chronic prostatitis with seminal vesiculitis, and I was put on Quinolones for three months and an alpha-blocker (Alfuzosin) for five months. The urinary symptoms completely resolved, but discomfort and...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As your urinary symptoms have resolved, and pain during ejaculation is localized to the inguinal region, it is very likely to be a muscular pain of the cremaster. This muscle suspends the testis, and contracts during ejaculation, more strongly in young men. Tthe pain...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Transrectal Ultrasound? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!