Medical Advice on "Tsh Level"

Levothyroxine is one of the safest medicine with as good as no side effects. Earlier you had subclinical hypothyroidism. But, now it has progressed to overt hypothyroidism. You can still wait for another four weeks and repeat the test if it is more than 10 U/mL, you … View thread »

Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the treatment. I … View thread »

Low levels of both TSH and FT4 indicate that the problem is at Pituitary or Hypothalamus level and NOT Thyroid. Also, your thyroid is NOT hyperactive and your thyroids are apparently functioning normally. You will therefore require further evaluation to localize the site … View thread »

I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your parents. Your mother is diabetic and she is controlling her diabetes good. She have mild increase in her leukocyte count, it is due to infection. Did she get any fever in past weeks? … View thread »

I have gone through their reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her hematocrit value is borderline low. Her Hb (hemoglobin) and RBC (red blood cells) values are within limit. So, for that, just now no active treatment is needed as it is not a clear- … View thread »

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism and dyslipidemia. I suggest that you take tablet Thyronorm (Thyroxine sodium) 75 mcg once daily. Repeat your thyroid function test after three months and then we will … View thread »

Your wife is in the third trimester of her pregnancy. In the third trimester, the recommended level of TSH should be under 3. If the recommendation has to be followed, then this is beyond the normal range. You should consult your gynecologist and endocrinologist who can … View thread »

Yes, you are right. Hypothyroidism can affect the fetal brain development, especially in early pregnancy. Thyroid hormone is normally very important for many functions of the body. It helps in the early development of the fetus. The brain is one of the parts of early … View thread »

Please ensure that you take medicines daily in the empty stomach, at least 1 hour before any food. If you miss your thyroid medicine today, you can take two tablets tomorrow to ensure that you take 30 tablets in 30 days of the month. Even missing 1 or 2 doses in a month … View thread »

The ideal thyroid stimulating hormone - TSH level in pregnancy should be below 2.5 in first trimester and below 3 in second and third trimester. This level is especially important for first trimester as at this period any low thyroid level might cause fetal brain … View thread »

Do you have a question on Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.