Tsh Level

Related Terms: Thyroid Problem, Hypothyroidism, T3 And T4 Levels, Thyroid Function Test, Levothyroxine, Thyroid, Testosterone

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid problems for the past five to six years. At present, I am taking tablet Thyronorm 25 mcg. For the past one month, I have low energy levels along with stiffness and pain in the muscles, especially in the upper back and neck. So I got my blood tested for vitamin D and thyroi...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have noticed that your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is very high. It indicates that your thyroid hormones levels are not in the sufficient range. Hence, we need to increase the do...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a thyroid test three years back, and my levels were 7.043 U/mL, so I was put on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. After experiencing some side effects from the Synthroid drug, I discussed alternatives with an endocrinologist. He advised me to stop my medication and retest afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Levothyroxine is one of the safest medicine with as good as no side effects. Earlier you had subclinical hypothyroidism. But, now it has progressed to overt hypothyroidism. You can still wait for another four weeks and repeat the test if it is more than 10 U/mL, you ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is very important for the baby's brain growth as rightly said by you. Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the treatment. I ho...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, After my tubal pregnancy my thyroids started acting low TSH 0.11 0.21 0.26 and low FT4 0.81 0.82 0.79 .076. But did not visit the doctor yet. Is it hyperactivity thyroid? Give me any advice.  Read Full »
Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Low levels of both TSH and FT4 indicate that the problem is at Pituitary or Hypothalamus level and NOT Thyroid. Also, your thyroid is NOT hyperactive and your thyroids are apparently functioning normally. You will therefore require further evaluation to localize the site o...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 67 years of age and my mom is 63 now. I have got general health checkup done for my parents. I am uploading the reports here. Kindly check and let me know if anything needs our immediate attention. Thanks  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your parents. Your mother is diabetic and she is controlling her diabetes good. She have mild increase in her leukocyte count, it is due to infection. Did she get any fever in past weeks? O...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My family and I have gone vegan three months ago. We did blood tests this week to check if we are healthy and my three children show a low level of hematocrit count, although their RBC is within limits. My youngest (2 and a half years) has also a high TSH level (5.2 mIU/L). They are su...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through their reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her hematocrit value is borderline low. Her Hb (hemoglobin) and RBC (red blood cells) values are within limit. So, for that, just now no active treatment is needed as it is not a clear-...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 75 years has TSH 8.12. She has adrenalism and takes Hisone 12 mg daily. Should she be administered medicine for hypothyroidism?  Read Full »
Dr. Mit Dharsandiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are higher chances of hypothyroidism in a patient who has hypoadrenalism (Addison's disease). These both conditions can be the manifestation of the same underlying process (autoimmune). If your mother is symptomatic (weakness, dry skin, hair loss, constipation,...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism and my current TSH is 13.3. I am regularly taking Thyronorm 50 mcg one tablet daily morning before food. Kindly let me know what should be the dose to control the level now. My cholesterol levels are a bit high too.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism and dyslipidemia. I suggest that you take tablet Thyronorm (Thyroxine sodium) 75 mcg once daily. Repeat your thyroid function test after three months and then we will revi...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 31.3 weeks pregnant. My wife, as well as my baby, is good. Every month on 5th we regularly do routine blood tests like FT4, TSH, CBC, fasting sugar and PP. She is a thyroid patient and in the dose of Eltroxin (125+25) every day. This time her TSH came as 3.667 though the no...  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is in the third trimester of her pregnancy. In the third trimester, the recommended level of TSH should be under 3. If the recommendation has to be followed, then this is beyond the normal range. You should consult your gynecologist and endocrinologist who can e...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I got conceived. My latest thyroid profile report showed the T3 and T4 to be normal and the TSH levels were abnormal at 22.96. We have heard that this TSH value affects the brain development of the newborn and also the newborn will not be mentally good. This is bothering us a...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right. Hypothyroidism can affect the fetal brain development, especially in early pregnancy. Thyroid hormone is normally very important for many functions of the body. It helps in the early development of the fetus. The brain is one of the parts of early...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.