Types Of Psoriasis

Related Terms: Psoriasis, Eczema, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Itching, Plaque Psoriasis, Fungal Infection

Need help for a lesion that spreads from inner arms to stomach and back.
Query: Hi doctor, It started with a burning sensation on my neck and then I have noticed red dots in the inner side of my arms. Then it spread to my stomach and back. They itch sometimes. I have previous history of psoriasis on my knees, but this is different. I also had shingles when I was 7 years old.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your given history. Your case looks like a guttate psoriasis. This type of psoriasis occurs in individual who had plaque psoriasis and developed sudden appearance of an outbreak of red d...  Read Full »

Ayurvedic Management of Psoriasis
Article Overview: In allopathy, the treatment of psoriasis has many limitations and after effects. But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohd Zahoor Bhat

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder wherein patient's skin has typically red, itchy and scaly patches. Sometimes, the patches are whitish in nature. There are five main types of psoriasis. They are plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular and erythrodermic. In allopathy (modern medicine), management ...  Read Article »

Psoriasis - Symptoms, Types, and Treatment
Article Overview: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body.  Read Article »
Dr. Rabia

Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body. Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, meaning its exact cause is not known, but it is influenced by factors such as environment, genes, and infections. ...  Read Article »

What is the cause for seperation of nail from nail bed?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 years old female, went through menopause but otherwise I am healthy. There is a problem with my nails. Out of 10 nails, six nails have one-third of the nails separated from the nail beds, with a v shape, looking white underneath, rest of the nails are looking pinkish pale. The na...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a condition known as onycholysis, which is characterized by the separation of the nail from its nail bed. Causes could be either a fungal infection (onychomycosis) or ...  Read Full »

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis
Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation.  Read Article »

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin ...  Read Article »

Betnovate ointment has not helped my foreskin. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to retract my foreskin from one month. Applying Betnovate ointment has not improved. Now inside the foreskin has become red and painful. Please suggest me medications.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The problem of the tight foreskin is a month old and now it is associated with pain and redness. All the symptoms are indicating towards some sort of local infection. Infection can be any of these like contact dermatitis, sweat dermatit...  Read Full »

Dermatitis - a Distressing Disease
Article Overview: This article discusses various phases of dermatitis (also known as eczema) with their causes and management.  Read Article »

Eczema is a group of skin conditions with different causes, but clinically similar presentation. These are defined as a pattern of skin inflammation having characteristic morphologies during its acute, subacute and chronic phases. Phases of Eczema Acute phase. Subacute phase. Chronic phase. ...  Read Article »

The same type of rash has recurred twice in two weeks. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, There is a red pimple-like rash or hives on the chest up to the jaw line on a 4 year old female. It turns white when pressed. It always appears after a court-ordered visitation. The only factors we know of are stress or anxiety from not wanting to go, both of those conditions were con...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send close-up photographs of the lesion. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »

Arthritis in Its Many Forms
Article Overview: Arthritis is defined as the inflammation of a joint. There are various types of arthritis and despite their similarities, they can be differentiated from one another based on a number of factors. Early detection and treatment of each kind are important for conserving the functions of the joints involved.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Rheumatologist

What to think when you have a swollen, red and painful joint? Here are some of the common conditions that cause a swollen painful joint. 1. Gout It is a condition characterized by the deposition of monosodium urate crystals in the joint. Commonly affected joints are - the first metatarsophalangeal ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Types Of Psoriasis? We have medical experts to help you right away.