Typhoid

Related Terms: Fever, Paracetamol, Widal Test, Complete Blood Count, Low Platelet Count, Dengue, Viral Fever

Will typhoid cause hearing loss?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife lost her hearing for the past 30 hours. I took her to the doctor and he said it is because of typhoid fever. My wife got fever 15 days back. So, what should we do? Will she get her hearing back?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to audiometry (attachment removed to protect patient identity), she is having a nerve loss. Acute, sudden hearing loss is possible after typhoid or any other viral fever. Mostly, it is not 100% recoverable. If she is absolutely fine, then I suggest her tablet N...  Read Full »

Is it possible that typhoid will cure by itself if not associated with any complication?
Query: Hello doctor, I have typhoid, IgG and IgM are positive even after taking the antibiotic for 14 days. So, even now I have a got fever on and off. Can typhoid be cured on its own if there is no complication?  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. Typhoid fever is a common serious infection that requires specific treatment after diagnosis. The causative organisms are either salmonella typhi or paratyphi. The definitive diagnosis is through isolation of the organism by culture in th...  Read Full »

How can typhoid be cured?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 70 years old and was diagnosed with typhoid and was given Ceftas 200 TDS for 21 days and Argex 500 OD for seven days. The Widal test showed typhi O: 1:160, typhi H: 1:160, typhi AH: 1:80 and typhi BH: 1:40 after 10 days of treatment. The treatment was continued as above and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess, she is not having a fever now. If fever has settled down then it means all bacterias are killed. These test may remain positive for some time or may be lifelong, so, not to chase the reports. Weakness will be there for few weeks. She should have a healthy di...  Read Full »

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?
Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is safe to travel to Dominican Republic, but you need to care abut many issues. While traveling there are many issues related to health of your baby, example: he can get infection like malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A & E and varicella. So if you use prophylactic mea...  Read Full »

How to treat typhoid fever?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from fever for the last one week. Doctor told me that I am suffering with typhoid. He suggested me PECEF Duo 200, Penxo-D and Zall-XP. I have attached the reports. I have used these medicines for the last three days but still I have a temperature ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) do show high titers of Salmonella typhi O and H antigen. The treatment offered with antibiotic, Cefpodoxime 200 mg twice a day, is to be taken ideally for 10 days along with Pen-D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone...  Read Full »

How to recover from typhoid and UTI?
Query: Hi doctor,Four months ago, I was diagnosed with typhoid and UTI. My Widal test showed S.typhi O 1: 40 and S.typhi H 1:320. My blood count keeps reducing even though I am eating well. I have back pain, incomplete bladder emptying, dark urine, sometimes vaginal pain and a little itch. I also have anal...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhilipsa Nanda
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Before I suggest something, I need to ask the medication you are undergoing for typhoid.Next, I suggest you consume milk, fruit juices and barley as a recommended diet for typhoid recovery.You need to emphasis on raw or lightly cooked vegetables and fresh fruits. You nee...  Read Full »

My mother has got typhoid for the 12th time. How to proceed further?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an MBBS student. My mother aged 47 years is suffering of typhoid which is a case of relapse and this is the 12th time. She is having a temperature nearby 102-103 degree Fahrenheit. Three years before, she was given Ceftriaxone IV 2 g twice (BD) and after that she was given Ampicillin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to know how she was diagnosed with typhoid. Since you know that culture is the gold standard I would be interested in seeing a blood, stool, bone marrow or any sort of culture which was done to diagnose her with Salmonella typhi. If this is a cultu...  Read Full »

After how many days of typhoid treatment should I repeat my Widal test?
Query: Hi doctor, Before 20 days, I was typhoid positive. Then, I had Monocef 1 g injection once a day for seven days and then I had Zanocin 400 mg tablet once a day for seven days. Now, I am on Paraxin 500 three times a day and still I have some headache. My current Widal test report is as follows. Typh...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Widal test in typhoid remains positive for up to a month and so there is no need to repeat it as you will get it positive even if typhoid is cured. We say that typhoid is cured when there is no fever for three consecutive days. There is no n...  Read Full »

Please help me with the typhoid report.
Query: Hi doctor, The patient has stomach ache and weakness. I have the patient's Widal test report. Please help me with the typhoid report. Thanks in advance.  Read Full »
Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Widal test is positive (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The treatment prescribed by the doctor is very accurate for typhoid. My advise is complete bed rest and plenty of liquid. For example tea, coffee, juice and sack are suggested. Avoid solid food, ...  Read Full »

Why is my wife getting recurrent typhoid and UTI infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I am asking questions on behalf of my wife. She is breastfeeding and we have a baby aged 3 months. Every 2-4 months she keeps getting typhoid and UTI infection. Recently, she had fever, pain in hands and legs. For the third time she has been diagnosed with typhoid and widal test repor...  Read Full »
Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed symptoms you have told about your wife. I have checked her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As she is having tendency towards typhoid more, try to keep a check on her dietary lifestyle also along with other measures you ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Typhoid? We have medical experts to help you right away.