Ultrasound Abdomen

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Abdomen Pain, Urine Culture, Liver Function Test, Pantoprazole, Kidney Stones, Ultrasound Pelvis

Query: Hello doctor,My age is 30 years. Height is 5.6 and weight is 73 kg. Recently, I underwent with ultrasound abdomen. In that, the result came as fatty liver grade 1. Is this any harmful and I do not have a habit of alcohol drinking. What should I do? Can this be reversible? What is the diet that I sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, fatty liver can be harmful because it causes non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and cirrhosis in case of a long-standing fatty liver with a contribution of various other factors. It can be reversed by loosening of the weight. Dietary modification with exercise is the ma...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, I had diarrhea and vomiting. My gastroenterologist diagnosed it as GERD and found H.pylori unit 112 tested through blood. My LFT, CBC, RBC were fine with occasional white cells in my urine and uric acid was 6. I took Klaricid 500, Ospamox 1 g, Levopraid, Omeprazole and Lib...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, all laboratory reports and ultrasound abdomen reports are normal except for Helicobacter pylori antibody (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You were told to have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) based on H.pylori test, but this test might be fals...  Read Full »

Query: Dear doctor, Here is my lab report: Bilirubin total: 2.2 Bilirubin Direct: 1.5 SGPT: 4548 SGOT: 4153 I have taken drip and injection for nausea. Now nausea has been cured. I have only abdomen pain now, and my fever has been cured before three days. Color of urine is yellow and color of stools is...  Read Full »
Dr. Madhankumar M V
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With these reports, the picture is like hepatitis. The cause for hepatitis has to be investigated. Further lab investigations like complete liver function test (LFT), ultrasound abdomen and viral markers are needed. Also need the date of these posted re...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have kidney or bladder infection or it can be acute urinary tract infection. You get the following tests done: CBC (complete blood count). USG (ultrasound) abdomen and pelvis. Urine routine microscopic examination. As per these reports, the further ma...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning sensation while urinating and a frequent urge to urinate. Can it be due to sexual contact? I am a 22 year old male.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are classical of urinary tract infection, cystitis, prostatitis or urethritis. Yes, they can be acquired by sexual contact. Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done along with ultrasound abdomen, because stones in lower ureter can cause these...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have back pain, leg pain, joint pain, and stomach pain. I am taking tablet Pregaba M 75 mg. I need a consultation with the hematologist about my blood infection.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your vitamin D level and vitamin B12 is too much high. Your liver and spleen palpation should be done, or USG (ultrasound) abdomen scan can be done for further work up. Your platelet c...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to start off by saying that I am a 24-year-old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good seven months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in the stool. I had one CT scan the first ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See as such mesenteric lymphadenitis does not directly represent colon cancer. It is very commonly seen post infection. So what we do is that we give antibiotics for seven days and later repeat an ultrasound abdomen after one month to check for the size of lymph nodes. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Nearly two years ago, I got a bad cold and vomited badly. It continued for days leading me unable to hold down any foods or liquids until I checked into the hospital and given IVs, which made me better. However, since then, I am more prone to getting close to vomiting if I drink too much...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection you are suffering from is called gastroenteritis or stomach flu. In gastroenteritis, the mucosa of the intestine is severely inflamed causing symptoms like loose stools, indigestion, and vomiting. The tests suggested are as follows: Ultrasound abdomen to ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. I got my lipid profile, LFT and KFT done. I have attached the reports. Kindly check and suggest the following: Does LFT report indicate fatty liver? I consume 2-3 pegs of alcohol three times a week since last 14-15 years. If yes, then what precaution has to be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have studied your case history and reports too (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is suggestive of alcoholic hepatitis or fatty liver disease. You should go ahead for an ultrasound abdomen to see the status of liver. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am on Isotretinoin for around 50 days. My face is now clear and it really improved my skin as I have oily skin. But, I have noticed clay colored stools. I am also having high fever and facing weakness. Now, my veins on hand started to swell. I am also having difficulty in breathing. But...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should visit your physician as soon as possible. All these can be symptoms of obstructive jaundice. To confirm get your blood tested for complete blood count and liver function test. Also, get a urine routine microscopic test and ultrasound abdomen. Stop oral Isotreti...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Ultrasound Abdomen? We have medical experts to help you right away.