Ultrasound Breast

Related Terms: Breast Cancer, Breast Lump, Mammogram, Fibroadenoma, Fnac, Breast Examination, Hormonal Imbalance

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump in between my breasts. I have had it for a couple of years. Yesterday, I noticed that it got slightly bigger. Also, it became painful and red. Is there a possibility that it might be cancerous? I do not have any family history of breast cancer.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Any breast lump definitely requires evaluation for cancerous growth. However, a lot of many times, it is benign in nature called as fibroadenoma and sudden redness and pain could be due to secondary infection the fibroadenoma. However, in any cas...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, There is a small lump in the breast. I have no pain or any other type of side effects also. But, as per the doctor's advise, I have gone for FNAC test. Please explain what is the problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached FNAC report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is suggestive of a fibroadenoma which is a very common and mostly harmless condition. It occurs as a result of some hormonal changes during the course of development of the breast...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. A few days ago I noticed that my left breast was very tender. Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp stabbing pain inside my breast near the nipple every hour or so. Yesterday night I started to feel the pain 10 times worse and more frequently. I also not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Invasive ductal carcinoma at 18 years of age is unlikely even though you have a history in family recently. The pain in the left nipple area which had a sudden onset in last few days and have been decreasing with a localised redness around nipple goes more in favour...  Read Full »

Breast Cancer Screening: How and When to Begin

Article Overview: Breast cancer is a leading cause of morbidity among females. An early diagnosis will help in better treatment and have a good prognosis. I have tried to provide a small insight into how and when to start screening for breast cancer in females. This article will provide you the necessary information in simplest possible terminologies.
Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai
Medical Oncologist

Importance of Breast Cancer Screening Every woman needs to know how and when she should get herself screened for breast cancer. As the incidence of breast cancer is gradually increasing in developing as well as the developed world, it is important to look for cancer before there are any obvious sym ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had a breast MRI two months ago, a routine screening due to BRCA1 status. There was a non-mass lesion seen on the left breast which the radiologist said was stable for three years. On the right breast, there were three foci seen, two measuring 5 mm and one 3 mm. The 5 mm foci have b...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A BI-RADS III (Breast Imaging-Reporting and Data System) means the lesion has a high probability of being benign and something which is not of a serious concern. The MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is a detailed test and has good accuracy. However, a suspected BI-...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, who weighs 158 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I feel that my strength is declining, and I have itchiness and hot sensation across my breasts, neck, and torso. I also had a bumpy rash patch surfaced on my left breast several days ago. This rash has not gone away, and it looks li...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any family history of breast cancer? Do you have a fever, nausea, vomiting, or weight loss? When was your blood sugar and thyroid tested? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologi...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump on my breast that is painful. It is on the right breast, under the underarms. I was given vitamin E medicine, and I was told to get ultrasound and FNAC. I have attached both my reports. The reports say FNAC smear prepared from right breast reveal abundant neutrophils admi...  Read Full »
Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks suggestive of a breast abscess and not suggestive of a breast cancer. But FNAC is not confirmatory. Your ultrasound report was not attached. You...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I had a cyst in my breast and it was removed before two years. For the last two months, some liquid is coming from the nipple while taking shower. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It could be related to your breast cyst. Milk duct blockage and infection can also be a cause in your age group.What is the color of the nipple discharge? If it is reddish or dark or greenish, then it is because of altered blood. It could be from a very tiny bleeding tumo...  Read Full »

Evaluation of Breast Problems That Women Can Do at Home

Article Overview: This is a patient information article about common breast diseases and how to evaluate it.
Dr. Rashi Verma

For females, an easy way to assess their breast problems is the need of the hour. A female should do a simple checkup at home. If they notice any change then they should bring it to the doctor's attention immediately. Symptoms: Majority of women who come to the surgical outpatient department compl ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Ultrasound Breast? We have medical experts to help you right away.