Medical Advice on "Unprotected Sex"

If she is in her ovulation period then better to take an emergency contraceptive pill. Ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the expected menses. Imagine her periods is of 28 days then unsafe days are from 11th day of menses to 20th day. Ovulation is unpredictable as the … View thread »

The chance of transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by single unprotected intercourse with a HIV positive person is 1/200 to 1/1000. It is very low. She may be negative, so she might have asked it. Probably, the test done was antibodies tests. It is … View thread »

I assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns … View thread »

Pregnancy chances depend upon the day from periods on which you had intercourse. You have not mentioned the last period date and the date on which the intercourse occurred. In general, pregnancy can happen even after taking I-pill. It has failure rates. For more … View thread »

When did you have your last periods? If you missed two of your pills, then you should use the barrier method for the next seven days along with the pills, to prevent pregnancy particularly in the second week of your cycle. If you had sex in the third week (after day … View thread »

The day 1 to day 10 is a safe period and there is no chance of pregnancy. So, as you had intercourse during her safe period there is no chance of pregnancy. If you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care. For further queries consult an obstetrician and … View thread »

During the first few weeks after delivery, ovulation is unpredictable. Ideally, until six weeks there is no chance of pregnancy, but only if totally breastfed. I suggest she get a serum beta hCG test done. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist … View thread »

Testing can only prove your surety of having nothing in the context to STD (sexually transmitted disease). If you had unprotected exposure 10 years back and no further exposure during subsequent years and you are asymptomatic also, it is unlikely that you will have STD. … View thread »

We do not know the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) status of the person with whom you had sex and also your baseline HIV status, the other thing you mentioned that you do not have medical access for next three months. Considering the availability of only Lamivudine … View thread »

Please do not be worried. You have done a right thing by taking i-pill within 72 hours of last sexual intercourse. You were not likely to menstruate on your actual due date simply because it takes about 5-7 days for bleeding to occur after taking i-pill. It is also a … View thread »

Do you have a question on Unprotected Sex? We have experts to help you right away.