Urethral Stricture

Related Terms: Uroflow Test, Urinary Tract Infection, Urine Analysis, Urethrogram, Uti, Kidney Stones, Circumcision Of Penis

Do I really need cystoscopy with dilation for 20 % urethral stricture?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with an anterior bulbar urethral stricture that is 20 % closed. I had two episodes of prostatitis, post-void dribbling and frequent urination with occasional mild burning and some mild spraying at the end of my stream. The urologist is recommending a repeat cystoscopy ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When were you diagnosed with stricture? Where were you treated at that time and what treatment was given? Yes, I also feel that you should repeat cystoscopy and get it dilated as it invariably recurs. So, better to undergo cystoscopy and get it dilated as without th...  Read Full »

How to overcome pain while urinating?
Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

When I pass urine, it ends with so much pain. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having painful urination. When I pass urine only 5-10 mL of urine I pass and then end up with so much of pain. The pain is like something stuck in my penis or like some wound inside the penis. And I am also getting blood in urine. This is happening to me for the last two days. Please...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Painful urination along with blood is a sign of urinary tract infection. However, I strongly suspect a possible urethral stricture or urethral mucosal rupture. Get a urine microscopic examination to evaluate for urinary trac...  Read Full »

What are the causes of constant burning and pain in genitals with frequent urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a burning sensation before and after urination; sometimes I see the light pink colored blood in the urine. From the past seven days, I am having a lot of discomforts, even while sitting idle or sleeping there are a constant burning and pain in my genitals, and I urinate ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your urine examination shows blood, so we need to find the source of blood in the urine. And, pain on urination might be due to narrowing of the urethra (urethral stricture). I would sugg...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain while passing urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am experiencing pain while urinating in the outlet of the organ. This is the first time I am getting such a pain. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Pain while passing urine can be due to a various number of reasons. It can be due to urinary tract infection or stone in urethra or the bladder or urethral stricture (narrowing of the ur...  Read Full »

What can be done for frequent urination in a prostatitis patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I am suffering from prostatitis and have following complaints like weak urine flow (4.8 ml/sec average flow and 8.8 maximum flow), dribbling at the end of passing urine, mild pain in testes, and frequent urination (four to five times a day and none at night). ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You definitely have an obstructive pattern of urination on uroflowmetry. I see that you have also mentioned that your flow had not improved after one month of medical therap...  Read Full »

I am passing urine with little strain. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. From last two days I am suffering from frequent urination during day time with little bit burning sensation. My blood sugar and BP are normal. Urine flow is not so strong. I used to urine by pressing the penis and this is not the first time. As far as I can recall it f...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have some more queries about your complaints. Do you have any nocturia that is do you have any disturbed sleep due to increased frequency of urination during nights? Any difficulty in passing urine or any hesitancy to start or any straining during urination? ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for urethral cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 66 years now, had gone through a urethral stricture surgery 8 years ago. The treatment was done for his chronic problem of passing urine. Treatment by the doctor that time ended up in adopting an alternate route for passing urine, which is below the testicles. All was fi...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has urethral carcinoma for which surgery is the best modality of treatment. He will need complete removal of the urethra and bladder, if necessary. It is a major surgery. If your father's health is fine, then he should be able to tolerate it. For further infor...  Read Full »

Are there any complications associated with panurethral stricture?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. Had a BMG urethroplasty a week ago. Currently urinating with catheter due to pan-anterior urethral stricture. Are there any complications and risks associated with it?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is born with hypospadias and had a stage 1 surgery to fix it back two years back. Everything went well so far. However, the following symptoms are now showing up. From the last week, he started to complain when passing urine saying it was stinging him. We wen...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details. You mentioned stage 1 surgery was performed two years back. When was the second stage done? Did he complain of any urinary problems after surgery? The most likely cause is an infection given his hi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Urethral Stricture? We have medical experts to help you right away.