Uric Acid Level

Related Terms: Increased Uric Acid, Febuxostat, Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hba1c, Diabetes, Cholesterol

My uric acid levels and albumin levels are high. Are my kidneys damaged?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male with a BMI of 26. During a recent health checkup of blood and urine, the following readings were observed. I have mentioned only the ones who have the higher readings. Protein 1+ detected in dipstick, serum uric acid at 9.2 mg/dL, MPV at 12.5 fL, FBS at 112 mg/...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The main problem is with the serum lipid profile which is HDL (high-density lipoprotein), LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), cholesterol, serum uric acid, urine albumin-creatinine ratio which ...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

How to lower my uric acid level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gout - podagra for the past 16 years. I cannot maintain a constant diet because every local doctor prescribes different. Have many wens around the body. My uric acid level is higher than normal (till 800). I am taking medicines named Colchicine and Diclofenac. From the...  Read Full »
Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all do not worry and send all the scanned pictures of investigations done so far and a fresh KFT (kidney function test) report, BP (blood pressure), complete sugar profile, x-ray picture of the joints and the list of complete drugs used so far. Start tablet Wys...  Read Full »

Can BP tablets cause high uric acid level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old. Height 166 cm, weight 76 kg. My uric acid level has come to 8.9. I did this checkup one year before and it was 8.4. At that time I had stopped eating all pulses for at least one month. I am pure vegetarian. I do not have any symptom of gout or any other stuff. I do hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have high uric acid levels but asymptomatic hyperuricemia does not need treatment. You may have a family history of hyperuricemia which explains why you have it despite being a vegan. Also, being obese or losing too much weight can increase blood uric acid l...  Read Full »

I have elevated homocysteine and uric acid levels. Please suggest the treatment.
Query: Hi doctor, My homocysteine level is 65 mcmol/L. Vitamin D and SGPT values are 7.72 ng/mL and 70 units respectively. I also have higher uric acid levels. I have attached my reports. Please suggest further treatment plan.  Read Full »
Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity). You have low vitamin B12, low vitamin D and slightly high uric acid levels. A high value of homocysteine could be due to the low level of vitamin D. The possible cause can be nutrition related. ...  Read Full »

What can be done to manage deranged SGOT, lead, and uric acid levels?
Query: Hello doctor, My SGOT level is 62.6. Lead level in my blood is 196.96, uric acid level is 7.5. Please suggest me better treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid and lead level are slightly high. So I would suggest you drink plenty of fluids orally, take fewer proteins in the diet ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels. Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat her hemoglobin levels to see that it has returned t...  Read Full »

When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once da...  Read Full »

Can I consume some powder to gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My uric acid level is 7.2. Can I consume some powder for gaining weight? Sometime, I feel stiffness and joint pain. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is merely elevated and it is borderline. But, there is no need to scare all about it. The most excellent way to gain your weight is through exercise and proper diet. You possibly may gain your weight in a healthy approach without taking any kind of s...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Mobizox for foot pain?
Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Uric Acid Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.