Urine Infection

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Urine Culture, Urine Analysis, Kidney Stones, Antibiotics, Diabetes

How can urine infection in a postpartum preeclampsia patient be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, My 36-year-old wife has a urine infection. She was diagnosed with postpartum preeclampsia after two days of delivery of a female child. She had high blood pressure at the time of delivery but now it is normal. Her average blood pressure is 110/75. She had a severe urinary infection be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to repeat urine culture and drug sensitivity to determine the bacteria causing infection and the antibiotic to which it is sensitive. Few bacteria which cause urinary infection in women develop resistance very easily and become difficult to treat...  Read Full »

I have the symptoms of a urine infection and the pain is reducing slowly. Is this a chemical infection?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 35 years old. I have the symptoms of a urine infection. But five days after the beginning of the symptoms, I got a urine test, and no bacterial infection or STD were detected. I did an HIV test, which was also negative. The pain is reducing slowly, but I am still not back 100 %. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Gajanan Bhat
General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it appears that you are having pain while passing urine. It could be due to infection, stone or simple inflammation. Urine shows bacteria only in case of infection. In the case of stone disease or inflammation, one can find red blood cells or whi...  Read Full »

Will using diaper cause urine infection and fever?
Query: Hi doctor,My baby is 11 months old. She is having on and off fever for a week. Her doctor prescribed antibiotic along with Paracetamol syrup. But, she does not like to have antibiotics. So, I only gave her Paracetamol. Is it because of that her fever is still not going? She had ear pain last week. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fever is defined as the temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the body. You have to measure with a thermometer to say so. Merely touching the forehead of the child and finding it warm does not mean it is a fever. Children's foreheads are warm always. Most of the tim...  Read Full »

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Cons...  Read Full »

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what age did she started having UTI (urinary tract infection)? How often does she get UTI? Does she have a fever now? How is the general condition? Once this episode resolves, she needs an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder) with PVR (po...  Read Full »

I have strong burning sensation in vagina. Is the urine infection back?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin. I was treated for a urine infection a week ago and now it seems to be back again. I have a strong burning sensation in my vagina and it is very painful.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to have urinalysis, urine culture and I would suggest high vaginal swab as well or just vaginal swab to be on the safe side. Have plenty of cranberry juice and water. Maintain strict hygiene. Wear soft, comfortable undergarments. Collect lab resu...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest further line of treatment for my father's urine infection.
Query: Hi doctor, My father has a urine infection since last 15 days. His creatinine is 4.8. The ultrasound report showed enlarged prostate and intact kidney size. He lost appetite since last one month. He is only taking a half glass of milk daily only. His fasting sugar was 113. He is a diabetes patient a...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. Is your father on catheter? For how long creatinine is 4.8? Was it normal before a few days? Raise in creatinine can be because of two things. Either diabetes is causing kidney damage or prostate obstruction causing back pressure on the kid...  Read Full »

I want to urinate every five minutes. Why is this happening?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old female. My height is 1.65 m. I want to pee like every five minutes and when I do wipe it is light red, sometimes red grey but not a lot and my last period was almost one and half months back. Why is this happening?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be urine infection, irregular unscheduled bleeding or some local pathology. All need to investigate. Have investigations, precautions then treated accordingly. Have proper hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms for sex to prevent sexually tr...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?
Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full »

What should I do for foul smelling urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I observed the presence of vaginal discharge almost a month ago and I went for a test. It showed the presence of WBCs, but no bacteria or yeast or parasite. I completed the course of antibiotics. But, I feel the infection has not cured. I can still feel the vaginal discharge, which is ver...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of excess white discharge and foul smell could be urine infection. Just get your urine test done. Also, wear pure cotton panties, which should be preferably loose and not bikinis. Also, Change your inner wear twice a day. Wear loose under garments say pants an...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Urine Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.