Vaccine Preventable Diseases

Related Terms: Patient Education, Attenuated Vaccine, Cold And Flu, Flu, Hiv Vaccine, Inactivated Polio Vaccine, Inactivated Vaccine

Myths and Facts About Vaccination
Article Overview: Every day, researchers discover new vaccines with better efficacy, and on the other hand, some people just choose to spread their wrong beliefs about vaccination. It results in increasing number of VPDs, that is, vaccine preventable diseases, in the world. It is long enough that someone addresses this issue.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Preventive Medicine Physician

Most of the patients that I treat ask this question about vaccination, 'How can an injected pathogen cure a disease?' I am not surprised by this question because I asked the same question to my mom when I was young. As a responsible medical practitioner, I should explain the science behind this to p ...  Read Article »

What is the difference between conventional and painless vaccines?
Query: Hello doctor,What is the difference between conventional vaccines and the newer painless vaccines? Which one do you recommend?  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In recent times, painless vaccines have become popular as they do not cause local pain at the injection site after the vaccination. In comparison, the traditional type of vaccine may give rise to a local swelling and pain for nearly 48 hours. However, recent reports su...  Read Full »

I missed giving the pulse polio drops. Is it mandatory to get it done?
Query: Hello doctor, I missed the pulse polio drops campaign for my daughter 3 years old. I really wanted to know, is there any difference between these drops and the ones we give through the regular immunization schedule. We spend thousands to get the immunizations done. Considering this, does it become ...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pulse polio dose is an extra dose other than the routine immunization. This dose (pulse polio) is given on specified dates in a calendar year through government agencies.This campaign aims towards eradication of polio. If your daughter mi...  Read Full »

Fundamental Facts About Flu or Influenza
Article Overview: Influenza is a contagious disease which sometimes can occur as an epidemic. Globally, about 500.000 people die each year as a result of flu. Majority of these deaths occur among people over the age of 65 years. This is mainly in the industrialized countries. A flu epidemic occurs where a large number of people in one country are infected and this can last several weeks. Experts in health and government agencies globally say that the single best way to protect oneself from catching the flu is to get vaccinated every year. This will save and protect the people from experiencing flu epidemics which can cost a country lots of money as well as loss of lives. This kind of information will empower people to be aware and take necessary action to protect themselves from severe flu infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Agatha
General Medicine Physician

Influenza is a common viral infection that can be deadly especially in high-risk groups. It is a respiratory infection which can spread even before the person knows that he is infected. It can spread very easily but is also preventable through vaccination. It is easily diagnosed and treatable once t ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Vaccine Preventable Diseases? We have medical experts to help you right away.