Vaginal Infection

Related Terms: Vaginal Discharge, Hiv Testing, Urinary Tract Infection, Vaginal Swab, Fungal Infection, Clotrimazole, Hiv Risk Factors

Having vaginal infection, Is it safe to use metronidazole cream during breastfeeding?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am 38 years old and I am breastfeeding my 1 year old child. I have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginal infection and prescribed metronidazole vaginal cream daily at bedtime for 5 days. Is it safe for me to continue nursing while using that medication?  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis (bacterial vaginal infection). Metronidazole cream has to be applied vaginally for cure of the infection. Vaginal application leads to absorption of metronidazole, but it is only 2% of the oral dose. Only...  Read Full »

Though vaginal infection got cured, sex was painful. Is it quite alarming?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection a week ago and immediately started my medication. It includes oral, gel and vaginal pessaries. It was six days long course. Even though the symptoms vanished in less than a day, I did not stop taking the medication. Today my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, treatment for vaginal yeast infection is given to both patient and sexual partner to prevent reinfection. So, your partner also needs to take treatment simultaneously. What you can do now is you both can take tablet Forcan 150 mg (Fluconazole) single do...  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?
Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not use Terbinaforce plus cream anywhere on the body. Do not even think of using it on your genitals. Terbinaforce plus cream (Clobetasol Topical, Ofloxacin Topical, Ornidazole Topical and Terbinafine Topical) has a potent steroid in it. They would further...  Read Full »

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a vaginal swab test done. I suggest you apply the Candid B cream (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) locally till then. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicin...  Read Full »

Is it true that vitamin supplements help with recurrent vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor,I got married seven months back and this is the fourth time she caught bacterial vaginosis (BV). She never had any symptoms before marriage. We have consulted a gynecologist all the four times. She will prescribe antibiotics and other stuff and that successfully treat her for some time. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get her sugar levels checked. It may seem a bit weird, but at times the main reason for recurrent vaginal infection could be low immune status. Yes, taking vitamin supplements will help her boost her immunity. You can discuss this with her doctor and get s...  Read Full »

Will you suggest some good medicine to get quick relief from vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. She continuously scratches her vagina. She went to a doctor and got tablet Forcan 150 mg, Hhzole cream, tablet Dazit 5 mg and Hhlevo 5 mg. Still she is suffering a lot. Please suggest some good medicine for quick relief. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife seems to be suffering from vaginal candidiasis or in simple terms fungal infection which presents as vaginal itching and thick white curdy discharge from vagina. She has already been prescribed Fluconazole 150 mg and local application of Clotrimazole cream ...  Read Full »

I have cheesy vaginal discharge with itching and burning. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from an infection of the vagina. I have cheesy discharges, itching, burning, and it is very uncomfortable. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Vaginal infection, which is transmitted during sex (so partner is the source), so both have to be treated at the same time or else you will get infected again during sex. You may have white or yellow or grayish discharge with or without itching, foul...  Read Full »

I have extreme vaginal discomfort and pain. What do you think this is?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old female. I have been experiencing extreme vaginal discomfort and pain. It hurts whenever my partner tries to do anything sexual. We have not had sex, but done other things such as fingering. It burns when I pee and I get a green/ yellow discarge that smells like vineg...  Read Full »
Dr. Umamaheshwari Mrutyunjaya Nilange

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from a vaginal infection, mostly a protozoal infection. You have already taken antibiotics for the urine infection. So, maintain proper hygiene when you have sex. That is, proper washing of the area. If not, that leads to infection. I suggest: T...  Read Full »

Why does it pain in my genitals when I urinate?
Query: Hello doctor, I had sex after a long time the day before yesterday. Today whenever I am going to the washroom to urinate, it is burning and somewhat paining. Please suggest what to do and what can be the reason behind it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms sound like some vaginal infection. Vaginal infection is transmitted during sex (so partner is the source) so both have to be treated at a time or else you will get infected the next time of sex. You may have white or yellow or grayish discharge with or...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from pain after painful sex?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past two days, I had painful sex. It feels like it is going to tear down there. It became unbearable, and it is hurting a lot.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you have some vaginal infection or lack of lubrication or foreplay which is causing the problem. Proper foreplay and adequate lubrication will help you get relief from the pain. However, if you have a doubt then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and g...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vaginal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.