Vaginal Itching

Related Terms: Vaginal Infection, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Vaginal Discharge, Vaginal Swab, Fungal Infection, Antifungal

I have vaginal itching and white deposits on skin. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 year old. I have diabetes. I had dengue infection few months back and since that day I have vaginal itching. It is usually mild but gets severe sometime. I am not sure whether it is because my blood sugar, which is not in control and nothing to do with dengue. I think it as ye...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you do have yeast infection. It looks like your blood sugar is not under control because of which you are having this problem. Dengue is unrelated to this. Try putting Canestan (Clotrimazole) ointment on the area after properly cleaning the area, four to ...  Read Full »

How to resolve vaginal itching and dryness?
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from itchy and dry vagina for the past six months. It has been on and off. Because of that I do not feel good and always in a frustrated mood. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be due to fungal infections or any type of infection inside the vagina. This also can occur if you are on birth control pills as well as if nearing menopause. Keeping these in mind, first do a vaginal swab test. Then, I suggest applying candid vaginal c...  Read Full »

I am having severe vaginal itching in the night. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have developed vaginal moniliasis, a type of fungal infection. If you are sexually active, then your partner also needs to be treated or else the infection will relapse. If you are not sexually active, then you should do the following with your doctor co...  Read Full »

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This age group children are prone to urinary infections. Though obvious symptoms of urine infection may not be apparent, I suggest you to get urine routine or urine culture tests done to rule out urinary infection. Also, please visit your pediatrician once with the ur...  Read Full »

What is the reason for vaginal itching?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old now. I had non-penetrative sex with two boys of my age separately when I was 9 years old. Now, I am having vaginal itching for the past one week. What is the reason?  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any form of sex had many years back will not cause an itch now. Most likely it seems to be yeast infection and simple antifungal cream should suffice. However, if itching is intense or you have discharge along with it you may need more treatment. Hope this inform...  Read Full »

What should I do for severe vaginal itching?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old married woman. I have severe itching in my vagina. What should I do ? Or why is it happening?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe itching inside vagina is likely to be due to a possible vaginal fungal infection called vaginal candidiasis. You should visit your gynecologist and get a high vaginal swab culture and speculum examination done for confirmation of diagnosis. Once confirmed, you ...  Read Full »

How to manage the itching present in vagina?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old woman. Today morning, when I woke up, I had an intense itching inside my vagina. I was unable to resist it and scratched it with my fingers inside. Now I am having a burning sensation in my vagina. The burning got reduced after I took a bath. But it is still burning ve...  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of vaginal itching is due to a fungal infection. It usually gets reddish and irritated in and around the vagina. Sometimes a little white fluid is present. Often, it does not present with a foul smell. For this, there are several treatment options ...  Read Full »

Will you suggest some good medicine to get quick relief from vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. She continuously scratches her vagina. She went to a doctor and got tablet Forcan 150 mg, Hhzole cream, tablet Dazit 5 mg and Hhlevo 5 mg. Still she is suffering a lot. Please suggest some good medicine for quick relief. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife seems to be suffering from vaginal candidiasis or in simple terms fungal infection which presents as vaginal itching and thick white curdy discharge from vagina. She has already been prescribed Fluconazole 150 mg and local application of Clotrimazole cream ...  Read Full »

I have cervicitis after having Nuvaring for seven years. Is this normal?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25 year old female who took Nuvaring continuously for seven years. After my yearly appointment last year, I had excessive bleeding and irritation of my cervix upon examination. I was told I had chronic cervicitis and an overgrowth of tissue on my cervix which would need to be rem...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nuvaring is a hormone-releasing contraceptive ring placed in the vagina. As it is hormone based, it causes side effects like menstrual irregularities, decrease in libido, vaginal itching, infection, headache, bloating, weight and appetite changes, abnormal hair growt...  Read Full »

Can vaginal pain in my third trimester be serious?
Query: Hello doctor,  I am suffering from vaginal pain in the third trimester of my pregnancy. This is my first child. I have taken iron and vitamin supplements. Is it normal or do I need to consult a doctor?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already in the 36th week of pregnancy. If there is a pain in the bony area, I suggest you take extra calcium 1000 mg tablet or increase the intake of milk and milk products. Do you have any discharge from the vagina or vaginal itching, burning, or any urinary...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vaginal Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away.